6/03/12 THE BAZOOKA GOLD TRAP DOES IT AGAIN!

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
U guys have given me some helpful info, and I really appreciate it! Going to have to set up 2 sluices and run the-1/8" stuff thru one and the bigger stuff thru the other. We get alot of flakes between 1/8" and 3/16", with the occasional 1/4" flake! They are very flat and thin, but sure don't wanna lose them to a classifier! But getting the material as small as possible does make sense operationally. Every time i browse this site, I learn something! Thanks guys!

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mine depends on were im getting my material, if im digging near the shore i screen to 1/2'' it goes pretty fast but if im in the river i dont screen at all not as much gravel in the river. the next thing i will be doing is adding the screen to the grizzly's like astro has done then you wont need to worrie at all and save some time to.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3029Heavy,
Interesting comment! I had a similar dilemma, I was working a rocky river bank that was paying but was loosing a lot of time working buckets of raw sample that held no gold, that would be like the classifier pile. So, I used my GMT to detect the buckets. When the machine went zip zip I worked that bucket, no zip zip I set it aside. Later I tested some of the no zip buckets and found no gold, I was using an A52 sluice box. At another time, no detector available, I had a classifier pile that I decided to quickly pan and I do mean quickly. I got the washed material liquified, stratified and then just scraped the top stuff off and kept jiggling the pan. The outcome of all that work was a nice little nugget. Good success to you........63bkpkr

3029heavy

Dec 19, 2012
That's my greatest fear. Having never found a nugget (yet....) I may be spending too much time carefully browsing the remainders of my classifiers. I've brought home soooo many rocks that captured my interest that it's driving my wife nuts! My dad suggested buying a Falcon MD-20 to shoot them in the field. I may have to invest in one. Not sure if I'd be able to get a good read in the metal screened classifier basket, or in my 3 gallon metal pail with all the drilled holes i fill with raw material and dunk in a watered down 5 gallon bucket, but at least it'd reduce the number of rocks sitting on my dresser and bathroom counter!

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally got my sluice yesterday. Not all that thrilled with the customer svc as it was in stock when I ordered it but took 11 days to go little more than 150 miles...oh well water under the bridge the sluice looks awesome and I cant wait to use it on Friday. Seems very well built.

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
Rdg Sluicer said:
Finally got my sluice yesterday. Not all that thrilled with the customer svc as it was in stock when I ordered it but took 11 days to go little more than 150 miles...oh well water under the bridge the sluice looks awesome and I cant wait to use it on Friday. Seems very well built.

Still waiting here. I ordered a week ago. Need it by next Friday for a weekend outing. I'm probably 200 miles away. Fingers crossed.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Still waiting here. I ordered a week ago. Need it by next Friday for a weekend outing. I'm probably 200 miles away. Fingers crossed.

I waited one week then sent them an email asking when it was shipped. Later that afternoon I got notice through my paypal that it had just shipped. When it came I had to pick it up at the post office. Amazingly enough after I signed for it at the post office I got back to work and had an email from Todd that I should receive it soon.

On the bright side it is a totally awesome product and I cant wait to use it tomorrow.

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
Rdg Sluicer said:
I waited one week then sent them an email asking when it was shipped. Later that afternoon I got notice through my paypal that it had just shipped. When it came I had to pick it up at the post office. Amazingly enough after I signed for it at the post office I got back to work and had an email from Todd that I should receive it soon.

On the bright side it is a totally awesome product and I cant wait to use it tomorrow.

Talked to Todd on the phone today and got an update. Really nice guy and I should still get it for next Friday but I'm going to have to sweat it more than I'd like. I get the 3 day weekend and want to see how much material I can move through it.

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about 100 miles from Todd and had the opportunity to pick up my Miner.
Todd's a great guy, gave me tons of information about the Bazooka and how to use it. I should have filmed and posted on Youtube for everyone : )

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
Joel1316 said:
I'm about 100 miles from Todd and had the opportunity to pick up my Miner.
Todd's a great guy, gave me tons of information about the Bazooka and how to use it. I should have filmed and posted on Youtube for everyone : )

I would have combined picking it up with an expedition but work schedule won't allow right now. He talked with me on phone for 20 minutes answering my questions on first call. If it goes in mail Monday I should get it by Wed or Thurs.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good luck guys, the bazooka's work so well for me that i dont even own any other sluice's :icon_thumright:

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
Well my bazooka prospector 36" didn't arrive so my long weekend trip is cancelled. Heading tomYosemite for Horsetail Falls and Badger Pass which is a great option but frustrating none the less. Didn't get a callback this week when I requested an update.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been trying to call and email Todd for about 3 weeks, haven't gotten a call or email yet.

36 inch super prospector had arrived broken and he was going to send me some pieces to glue to it. It is the prototype but I haven't been able to use it yet.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be aware that the mechanics cloth you want for a Super Prospector will not be 1/4" mesh, but 3/8" mesh. Anyone know where to find any? I have had zero luck, but I have a nice roll of 1/4" mesh if anyone can use it. Give it to you for what I paid for it.

Also, saw a roll of smooth flexible 1 1/2" pvc pipe over at Harbor Freight a minute ago, lays semi-flat when not in use. Kevin, did you already look at that? At first glance it seemed like it might do the trick!

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
I've used a prospector that I borrowed and it worked great with 1/2" mesh that you can easily find at Home Depot or Lowes.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
@UncleMatt, thanks for the tip on the hose/pipe at harbor freight...I will have to check that out!

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a chance to use my BGT Mini yesterday. I was classifying down to 1/2" and had pretty good flow through the Mini. The "grizzlies" on the Mini is also 1/2" I guess because rocks would constantly get jammed into the bars. I'll have to lay 1/8" hardware mesh on top or classify down to 1/8" to avoid the bars from jamming up.

Another problem I kept running into is that the Mini keeps wanting to float away! I Laid a rock on top, to keep it down. Maybe next time I will bring tent spike to keep it secured to the river bottom.

Production wise? That little sucker rocks! I fed that thing faster than I would feed the A52! No gold found in the tailings, plenty of fines and flakes in the clean up! When I figure out how to keep the bars from jamming and the sluice secured, the Mini will be my favorite sluice box! I still need to test out my Miner too.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joel,
Great input on the mini! If/when I get back to it I've a spot in mind but will need to hike in a long way and need to limit my load. Sounds like the mini would be a good bet for me..............63bkpkr

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
63bkpkr, the Mini is great! I had all my tools/food/sluice for the day in a day pack. If your in skinny water, according to Todd Osborn of BGT, you can help out the Mini by pouring water on top of the Mini to help the heavies to settle at the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread