Show your best find or most interesting fnds, from novice to accomplished miner

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great gold to both of you,and %80 for dust is darn good...first lesson in selling gold is know what you have and dont let em screwya cause they will all try

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just found this today..calling it the golden beard picker, biggest one yet, .2 grams

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120901_213459.png
    ForumRunner_20120901_213459.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 294

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont know if I will sell my gold but if I do it will probably go on ebay.
The highest local pay is 83% spot and less for nuggets, but for me just picking up my rare finds every day brings more smiles to my face than some ordinary paper money.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go! Its good to see you out and about . How are the crowds on the rivers approaching labor day?
Neo, you got to save some for to show the next generation, of course. Otherwise you'll be just a crazy old man with NO gold!

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The spot is out of site, so no strangers...just yankeevicjim, his brother, and sweet mother nature!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
way to go! Its good to see you out and about . How are the crowds on the rivers approaching labor day?
Neo, you got to save some for to show the next generation, of course. Otherwise you'll be just a crazy old man with NO gold!

So True. :)
I am keeping my first nugget which is that finger nail sized one and a large teardrop shaped one that looks really neat. My wife has a clover leaf one the size of a crushed oat that she wants to laminate. :}
So I am for sure keeping those, but still dont have any plans to let go of the others. :)

Where do you guys go
Searching? I'm in new
York going
Back
To
Vegas soln

If you are going to be a little bit before you leave there is some gold to be found in western NY.
There are a couple YouTube vids up and a few forum posts and google refs that you can search if you want to try your hand before coming out west. :)

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Problably only valuable to me, but my sons and I dug this out of a old tailings pile north of Coulterville, last weekend

Attachments

• 9-3-12 005.JPG
    9-3-12 005.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 9-3-12 006.JPG
    9-3-12 006.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 188

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview nice find. :)
I keep all the square nails I find too, found a spear too about that length in the same rusty condition.
On a slow day, anything is neat to bring home. :D

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found this neat "Brown" nugget a couple days ago, I put it next to my first nugget to show the diff between them.
Also you get to see my first nugget out of the vial. :)

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking "clunker". By the time you top off your second ounce, gold will probably be near 1800/ounce. I sold a lot of small-sized gold to a jewellry store/gold
buyer at 80% of spot for several years -how did you do on price?

75% to a jewler kept the nuggets and sold the dust started on the second batch now found a fresh water pearl if I can get a couple more I will mount them with a nugget in a silver ring for my wife.I did this years ago with Garnets and Gold keeps her happy which keeps me dredging.Happy Wife = Happy Life

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this neat "Brown" nugget a couple days ago, I put it next to my first nugget to show the diff between them.

Try soaking that piece in a little bleach.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hoser

Did you ever find the pictures of the Le Trapp laden with gold. Nothing prettier than seeing that shine on the Le Trapp
green:headbang::occasion14::headbang:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Try soaking that piece in a little bleach.

Hmmm, I would have never thought of that, I will have to give it a try.

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great thread, thaks for sharing guys.
I have so many finds odds n ends, old hatchet head from merced river bagby that i love, had packed material on it with a little gold stuck, a piece of green stone with jade attached to part of it also from merced river. Found nuggets in a creek thats been pounded for years close by one summer, never got back to finish dredging the spot where i think the big stuffs at.
memorys, invaluable, suffering for a glimpse of gold in a pan, invaluable, pain suffering grueling days hauling equipment for a few grams of gold sometimes less LOL

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
picker from bagby.jpg
Pickers from merced river bagby, 5 feet down still had about 3-5 feet to bedrock but we were getting there then got unsafe surrounded by boulder, hoser knows whats down on bedrock he's found lots of it and i wasn't even close and was finding these all over.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice chunky pieces. For better or worse. Headed to Briceburg tomorrow. Baseball got cancelled....:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread