Show your best find or most interesting fnds, from novice to accomplished miner

JoshuaG

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN8099dffhghghg.jpg Found this inside a rock i smashed open awhile back. I have know idea what it is and kinda joined this place to find out. any help would be excellent. found it by a river in a mountainous region of washington. before i cleaned it up there were tiny little garnet looking crystals in a few areas. so timy though you needed magnification to see them. its not magnetic. its not real heavy. and i couldnt melt it with a torch. hope that helps a bit. DSCN8218smaller.jpg

JoshuaG

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a little smaller than a golf ball if you were to compress it some how. i believe i recall it weighing around 16 grams give or take. dont quote me on that though.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great lookn' hunks Shep,Mariposa county ,or darn close,would be my guess as intricate delicate formations seen there before same same lookn'. Rare as a good woman-John

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview2- Haven't seen the Henry 45-70, but own and love my Marlin 45-70! It'll handle the heavier loads according to reports with the best of the lever actions! I reload and like the Buffalo loads (?) found in Cabelas. 400g @ 2000fps. Rightous!
But, I have to confess, stock was a bit short, so I put a white line shotgun pad on it, still too short so put a slip on pad over that. Trigger length is fine now. Want to call me a wuss? go ahead and probably right, but when shooting, I want to shoot it more than one or two shots at a session.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
No wuss could shoulder a 45-70 with Buffalo loads. And why not enjoy it, instead of getting kicked by a mule everytime you want to have some fun. Beautiful pieces. I heard those Mariposa 49ers were on the gold. From the looks of things, I guess I heard right. Minelab???? Good Hunting and good health...

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to preface this as saying this is NOT my picture. HOSER JOHN sent this to me as he was having trouble attaching it. This is the ultimate Le Trapp photo

Attachments

• LETRAP2+LBAU.jpg
    LETRAP2+LBAU.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 381
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Take a bow and a victory lap Hoser John, that picture is a thing of beauty.... Happy Hunting and Good Health, and may you make back into the water sooner than later.....

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Some nice pics from you all but Hoser is the man!

Here's about a years worth of weekend prospecting, with just sluicing + panning.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very nice color, its amazing how time flies and you end up with more than you thought. :D

I open my box all the time and am amazed at how much we have sniped in under two months.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The fruits of many videos. Great looking gold astro

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love'm all,big or small,rough and gnarly or smooth as a babies bottom, insitu or free it's all great to me-tons a au 2 u 2 -John :occasion14:

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Hoser

Do you think it would be all right to post your Le Trapp photo on our local Prospectors forum. I would not use your handle or identify you in any way.....

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Holy crap, john! While you were living the dream, I was trying to just pass high school! On of my biggest regrets in life is living in cali my whole life and not getting in to gold till my mid twenties... Oh well, at least my kids will know where and how to find gold before they can drive! Was this all from rucky chucky?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shep,whole different animal bud!!Those pieces you have are to die for....RARE in there own right.That wasnt part of the big haul several of you guys hit a few years ago was it?Last I heard none of yall were speaking now?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didnt see your photo before John, WOW you filled that thing up. :)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That pic has been on open forums quite a few times in the past and no secret so party on O,oooo to be young again as 17 years later what a bloody mess as NO dredging nevermore sayeth the craven raven-John:skullflag:

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for getting it on this thread . I have seen it before and knew that would floor 'em . Shep does have the lookers ! Very nice indeed !

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shep, If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what kind of spot would I look for similar gold. Riverbed, dry creek, tailings? Being nearly neighbors, Nugget hunting is on my list and the MXT might be my next machine.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to preface this as saying this is NOT my picture. HOSER JOHN sent this to me as he was having trouble attaching it. This is the ultimate Le Trapp photo

I can't get over how beautiful that loaded Le Trapp is:occasion14:
8-):occasion14:

Attachments

• LETRAP2+LBAU.jpg
    LETRAP2+LBAU.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
WOW.... Some specimens from the Round Mountain mine in Nevada... Found this on another board, but worth drooling over, all nine pages

Gold - Photo Gallery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions