Keene A52 need help

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
about an inch of water flowing over the riffles...and since your after fine gold go ahead and classify down to about the size of the height of the riffles...3/8" 0r so 1/2 is fine.About one inch of drop per foot depending on volume of water available. Bring some split shot with you drop some on the flare you want a round piece of shot to roll over your inspection matt and land in the first drop behind the first riffle..thats what I do and I catch very fine gold. lead will move farther than gold due to spcifiv gravity so gold will tend to settle out before lead.You can also make some lead shavings as it will act like fine gold if you can catch it you are good to go.Use the lead as a tool to familiarize yourself with the way heavies are acting in your sluice...and don't lose sleep worring about losing fines...contrary to what some here will say stream sluices such as Keene, Jobe, proline etc....work very well at recovering gold....and do your full clean up at home as your more likely to lose fines panning into a creek when you clean up...especially when panning Cons.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pvillehunter makes some very good suggestions. I classify to 1/2" and it works very good for me. When you put the material on the flare it should clear off the black mat area in 15 to 30 seconds. Then you know you have the proper flow and pitch. I do my panning at the creek. I'm too impatient and want to see how I did after a full day of digging. However I pan into a safety pan and then take my cons home for further proccessing over the winter. Plus I can get most of the clay washed out of the cons with moving water before taking them home.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One suggestion... to get lead shot into lead shavings.... put one very small shot into a baggie. Use a hammer to flatten it on the top of a thick steel piece, such as a 12 pound hammer (sledge). Take the very flat lead out of the bag and shave it into very small pieces using a scissors. Spray paint them yellow (if you wish) to simulate gold. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread