Keene A52 need help
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Goldwasher
  • 2 Post By B H Prospector
  • 2 Post By TerryC

Thread: Keene A52 need help

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2013
    6 times

Keene A52 need help

For the Keene A52 sluice how fast and how much does the water need to be to catch flakes and flour gold

Thanks,
    Gold Guys

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    11933 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    about an inch of water flowing over the riffles...and since your after fine gold go ahead and classify down to about the size of the height of the riffles...3/8" 0r so 1/2 is fine.About one inch of drop per foot depending on volume of water available. Bring some split shot with you drop some on the flare you want a round piece of shot to roll over your inspection matt and land in the first drop behind the first riffle..thats what I do and I catch very fine gold. lead will move farther than gold due to spcifiv gravity so gold will tend to settle out before lead.You can also make some lead shavings as it will act like fine gold if you can catch it you are good to go.Use the lead as a tool to familiarize yourself with the way heavies are acting in your sluice...and don't lose sleep worring about losing fines...contrary to what some here will say stream sluices such as Keene, Jobe, proline etc....work very well at recovering gold....and do your full clean up at home as your more likely to lose fines panning into a creek when you clean up...especially when panning Cons.

us
    Feb 2010
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    839 times
    pvillehunter makes some very good suggestions. I classify to 1/2" and it works very good for me. When you put the material on the flare it should clear off the black mat area in 15 to 30 seconds. Then you know you have the proper flow and pitch. I do my panning at the creek. I'm too impatient and want to see how I did after a full day of digging. However I pan into a safety pan and then take my cons home for further proccessing over the winter. Plus I can get most of the clay washed out of the cons with moving water before taking them home.

Good Luck!

B H Prospector
    Goodyguy and Goldwasher like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer.
    7458 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    One suggestion... to get lead shot into lead shavings.... put one very small shot into a baggie. Use a hammer to flatten it on the top of a thick steel piece, such as a 12 pound hammer (sledge). Take the very flat lead out of the bag and shave it into very small pieces using a scissors. Spray paint them yellow (if you wish) to simulate gold. TTC
    blynch35 and Goldwasher like this.
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade. And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him out or cut him 'til he cried out, in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving . I am leaving" but the fighter still remains. The Boxer Simon and Garfunkle

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3745 times

yup... "per foot or go with the flow

Sponsored Links