Show off yer sluice

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I'll go ahead and "show off" my "Hoosier Gold Daddy" wash plant..........

hgd1.jpg
Can be used as a single unit that will self classify from 1" down to 1/8" by using vibrators.
The classified material then drops into the folded vortex gate trap sluice where it is reduced to super concentrate.
It is capable of reducing 1500 lbs of material into 2 quarts of super concentrate per hour.
The use of folding (zig zagging) allows for a total of 12 feet of working sluice (six feet of classification and six feet of concentration) to be contained in a single compact easy to transport unit.

shaker.jpg
The folded vibrating classifier section is detachable and has three separate classification screens set at 15 degree angles and works either wet or dry.

Hoosier Gold Daddy.jpg
The folded vortex gate trap sluice (on right) can also be used as a stand alone sluice for running pre-classified material.

springs.jpg
The legs sit into sockets mounted on valve springs.

vibrators.jpg
The vibrators are made from two 12V sanders from harbor freight. I use a 12V deep cycle battery to power them.
They would have to be sychronized to operate properly but I found that I only need to run one at a time so the other one is only used as a back up unit.

This outfit was designed specifically for capturing the fine glacial drift gold found in the Hoosier state of Indiana.
But works anywhere in the country, even in the desert, with sleight modifications.

GG~

Last edited:

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet setup GG!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very cool setup and good job catching the fine gold. As the nominated and accepted Master of Fly Poop, I hereby knight you a fellow MFP!

Justbent

Mar 23, 2013
North Phoenix
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Justbent, I really dig the wall sluice. Bad ass! Perfect for those like myself with limited space.
ya, I made it for a guy who's traveling from camp to camp prospecting. He wanted something easy to setup and dismantle quickly. He showed me something I thought was junk so this is my version. He's gonna put the deep ribbed rubber Matt in.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo.JPG who says gold prospectors are not environmentally conscious... No muddy water, pollution from gas motor when recirculating with 12 vt pump and using solar power with gold cradle...I would show you some gold, but like fly fishing in Wa State it mostly been catch and release!:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread