Bazooka sniper or prospector. Which should I buy?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Three degrees here, that is 3! With windchill, -12. Colder temps tonight; was -8 last night.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
-9 here in Centennial now Dave!

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Currently 80 here in West Palm Beach, Florida. Nice but I would rather be cold and on the gold! Will be in Sacramento on February 9 for 4 days of work related training and will probably stay the following week to chase some color. Thanks to Kevin, Mojo, GoldenProspector, Aufisher and Prospector70 for all of the info on all the BGT models discussed in this thread and others. I will order a BGT before I get there so it will be ready for me. Torn between the 36" Sniper and the 36" Prospector. Leaning toward the Sniper due to areas in Georgia and North Carolina that I get to that has slower water flow. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience!

joncutt87

Nov 2, 2014
concord, nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As of last week, the 36" snipers/prospectors that were ready to ship were spoken for. But todd did say that another production run would be finished this week

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man I haven't got my 36" sniper wet yet but I think I'm going to like it ................its just right......... I had ordered my through Carolina prospectors and he only had 1 so I'm ready for spring unless we get more unseasonable warmth...........come on global warming LOL!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Balmy -7 at 11 this morning in Kenai AK.

We got down to 12; it is 18 right now, but with wind chill it did got below 0 here in Colorado Springs (I am at 6800 ft, too). We have light snow where I am. Colorado Springs is warmer than the Air Force Academy because of lower altitude. When I go in to teach, I will be at 7258 ft; colder and more snow usually.

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett carrot, bazooka gold trap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the thread. Some great info. Going to be getting my hands on a bazooka. With thanks to this thread I will be getting the prospector. Now 30" or 36".

steveh2112

Apr 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a great thread, Bazooka couldn't hope for better advertising, i'm sold. just not sure which one to get but since the 24" sniper easier to carry and i can work with less water, i think i'll go with that.

i emailed the company already to see if i can order and pick one up in Coloma

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I think I may go with the prospector 36. Now I just have to decide regular or big grizzly bars and regular or heavy..
Anyone have any pros or cons for either?

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got the large grizzlies because I was told they would hold up better over time because they are thicker. I also went with the heavy duty one so I don't have to worry about cracking it. Weight isn't a huge issue for me because I have a game backpack I set it and my buckets in for easy transport. It's a lot easier on the shoulders that way haha. I'm planning on getting a 30" sniper pretty soon for some areas that will be harder to get to with a large backpack.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have used bazookas with both types of grizzly and both are fine. After a couple hundred hours (or more!) of use my original style seemed to have a bit of bending in the bars but still works great. Even so I'd recommend the bigger bars. Also you'll love that 36" Prospector!

steveh2112- the smaller Sniper should be cool, just don't over feed it ...a partial shovel full at a time or use a hand trowel (ick!).

Snowmaniac153

Apr 30, 2015
So Californa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks kevin and everyone in here. Bazooka prospector 36 big grizzly and heavy is now on order. Few weeks I will have a day off work and I will get to play with this new item. So excited.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed reading this thread and afterword, ordered up my own 24" Sniper.

My last sluicing run was done with my folding Royal Sluice, and it did well.
BUT, once we were all set up and running properly, there was no way I was going to tear it down to make a move.
Just too much work.

So after that session, I wanted a sluice that was built for "prospecting" not mining.
The Sniper will allow me to run a bucket or two, and if empty, pick it up an move on.
Easy set-up, quick recovery, throw it in the pack and move up stream.

Looking forward to getting it soon and putting it to work.

Thank you all for the info.
May everyone get gold in there poke on their next outing.

G

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread