Bazooka sniper or prospector. Which should I buy?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So are the larger grizzlies better? I'm planning on picking up a heavy duty 36" prospector in a few months.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So are the larger grizzlies better? I'm planning on picking up a heavy duty 36" prospector in a few months.

I think so yes...for the prospector. Not sure it'd matter for the Sniper. The larger diameter metal seems more durable to me (my first Prospector had the regular diameter Griz bars and they did get bent just a bit over time...not enough to matter but still. (I should add that I put that first Prospector thru HUNDREDS of hours of use).

joncutt87

Nov 2, 2014
concord, nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I'm going to break down and buy a 'zooka. Now the only question is; which one do I want first? Sniper 36" or prospector 36"

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go big is my motto.
the prospector 36 is their bestseller, out of your two choices that's what I'd do.
(I got the 48 prospector because I wasn't sure I could dead-lift that 48 inch miner full of water by myself hahah)
Best of luck, and keep us posted!
P70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at the 48" too, I'll have to see what the other half thinks about it.

I had to cash in my change jar to finish making the nut for mine hehe!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I'm going to break down and buy a 'zooka. Now the only question is; which one do I want first? Sniper 36" or prospector 36"

How are you going to use it? There are many different situations that arise that one will work better than the other. I have a supermini and a prospector and some stretches of certain rivers the supermini works better for access and flow. Figure out the best you can where and when you would use them and go with the one you would use most. Thanks to Todd and Chris for manufacturing the fine Bazooka products.

joncutt87

Nov 2, 2014
concord, nc
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where I'll be using it, I'll have access to plenty of water. We have regular, drought, and flood levels in our creeks.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The 36" Prospector is big enough to work you HARD if you want to push yourself, no need to go bigger for a 1 man operation. I've been using my 36" Sniper more than the prospector lately due to being in a small creek and I have to say that thing goes thru a lot of material too and my recovery rate is superb. If you have the water for it, I'd start with the Prospector.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have water than the only concern then is space. The prospectors are boxy and take up more room than a sniper but if that is not a concern I would go with the prospector. If you plan on working full production mode go with the prospector.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck in whichever one you choose. They both will serve you well.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going with the heavyweight prospector 36"
Pretty sure you won't be disappointed with that :)
Now start working those shovel muscles for spring. 1 Hiawatha 2 hiawatha hahah!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hiawatha? Is that when they open the gates on the dam......

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 in Denver... Brr!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
21 In washington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions