First run with my BAZOOKA!!!!!!!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldenmojo that is from one day? Because it looks like you are in the right spot!!! That would be cool to meet up some time and do that. Does that place require a 4x4, I have a Toyota matrix. I just need to plan out a couple of weeks so I can save some money to drive there and back I live in oroville.

Just one day. One sample pan and in with the Bazooka. No 4x4 needed just a set of wheels at the bottom of your legs. Whenever your ready PM me.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I would love to go some time. I ment I want to plan going a couple of weeks in advanced before going . It would be fun I try out a new place to get gold

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know as easy as the BGT's are, like most things I had to use a few times to get it dialed in just right. All I can say is it only takes a few times and you'll quickly get the hang of it.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know as easy as the BGT's are, like most things I had to use a few times to get it dialed in just right. All I can say is it only takes a few times and you'll quickly get the hang of it.
The simple bgt guidance is: think less, shovel more! lol

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-3888755050.jpg

Got out after work today for a couple hours. Love these BGT Snipers!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a bit of a tester, so today was testing based, so to speak. I sampled 3 spots, and set my sniper in a spot that has typical flow like I've used in the past. I got a reasonable bit of Color from all 3 locations, with one location (behind a big rock, as compared to the other two which were a short bit of bank run and a gravel bar) was much better than the others. The testing today was for high flow situations, so for my second set of samples from the same 3 spots, I set up the BGT where there was as much water as I think it could take. I even tied a rope to the handle just in case a rouge wave came down stream. What I found today was that, even with the water jamming as hard as possible, I still managed to get just as many -50 and -100s as the slow flow samples!! The hardest part of today was the fact that when the water is really flowing fast, I couldn't see the gold on the trap as well, so my hopes were not high for the high flow results. However, when I panned the cons, the results were looking me in the face!! I'm gonna blue bowl all the cons from the sampling, and I will put it all together and post. Cheers!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm a bit of a tester, so today was testing based, so to speak. I sampled 3 spots, and set my sniper in a spot that has typical flow like I've used in the past. I got a reasonable bit of Color from all 3 locations, with one location (behind a big rock, as compared to the other two which were a short bit of bank run and a gravel bar) was much better than the others. The testing today was for high flow situations, so for my second set of samples from the same 3 spots, I set up the BGT where there was as much water as I think it could take. I even tied a rope to the handle just in case a rouge wave came down stream. What I found today was that, even with the water jamming as hard as possible, I still managed to get just as many -50 and -100s as the slow flow samples!! The hardest part of today was the fact that when the water is really flowing fast, I couldn't see the gold on the trap as well, so my hopes were not high for the high flow results. However, when I panned the cons, the results were looking me in the face!! I'm gonna blue bowl all the cons from the sampling, and I will put it all together and post. Cheers!

Great news on the -100 capture!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have run mine in fast water and it captures. I set it a little flatter and as Kevin says gravel in the trap holds it all together.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the take from Tuesdays testing. Not bad for a test day!

image-1870534853.jpg

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice color Jesse! I'd be happy with that for a
half-days work!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not used a stand, but I am very interested. I have a friend who told me about using a fluid bed trap in the middle of a river, completely submerged. It had to have had a stand to stay put as far as I can imagine. Anyone ever heard of a fully submerged bazooka?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
425jesse

Good lookin pan... more testing is in order...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've run mine fully underwater...it doesn't care ;)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have not used a stand, but I am very interested. I have a friend who told me about using a fluid bed trap in the middle of a river, completely submerged. It had to have had a stand to stay put as far as I can imagine. Anyone ever heard of a fully submerged bazooka?

I had a fully submerged Bazooka on Saturday when the water level shot up suddenly. The pan was under a foot of water instantly and rising. Fortunately I had put a large rock across it. I was able to save it just in time before the flood took it away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions