Schimdt Sluice/ homade BGT

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guys and gals, I am trying to build a fluid bed sluice out of 1/2 inch plywood. The part that I am pretty much guessing on is the dimensions and proportions, and specifically the size and number of holes in my agitator tubes. So far I built about a 28" box 12" on the intake, 8" on the outflow, with a fluid bed about 8" square and 2-1/2" high. The agitator tubes are 1-1/4" pvc. There are three evenly spaced tubes with the bottom of the tubes about 1/2" above the bed's bottom.

So, how many of what size holes should I try to drill in these agitator tubes? Does anyone have an educated guess?

Also, I am wondering if I should have the intake on the tubes extend into the entry flare an inch or two. That is what they seem to do on the BGT anyways. Does this effect pressure or something.

Thank you for any answers you can offer. I am in the Midwest and would like to catch some glacial flour gold.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
What part of the mid-west are you in? another post of yours says your in Villa Rica Ga. GoodGuy has made one and posted pictures of it and he sounds like he likes his design!look around for his post on it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of the mid-west are you in?

South Central Wisconsin.

...another post of yours says your in Villa Rica Ga.

It does? Where is this post? My spelling can't be that bad! :dontknow:

GoodGuy has made one and posted pictures of it and he sounds like he likes his design!look around for his post on it!

Thank you Russau. I will try the forum search feature again.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What part of the mid-west are you in? another post of yours says your in Villa Rica Ga. GoodGuy has made one and posted pictures of it and he sounds like he likes his design!look around for his post on it!

I think you are just confusing names Russau. Im DuckWALK and i live in VR GA

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread