OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
glad you found the answer, here is my buddy's response
"I love it with the v matting... catches some flakes before they shoot into the trap. Doesn't make any noticeable difference in recovery. I will try to take a picture of it for ya!"

Well, maybe I will try it then. Looking forward to a picture. Thanks.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
glad you found the answer, here is my buddy's response
"I love it with the v matting... catches some flakes before they shoot into the trap. Doesn't make any noticeable difference in recovery. I will try to take a picture of it for ya!"

I would like to see a picture of the gold still in the v mat when it is out of the water. I'm thinking that the gold, or at least some of it, seen on the v mat will disappear in the current when the unit is extracted. I would say that the mat's more useful, but questionable, purpose is as an indicator only and that, that gold will likely be sacrificed rather than be caught if used without.

Last edited:

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"catches some flakes before they shoot into the trap", <---- how will ya take a picture of that when it comes out of the water:laughing9: gold is in the trap or should be right?
my stinkin thinkin is that gold will just slide in the trap ifn it get's displaced from the v-mat when lifting out, your reducing the volume of water and the gold will hug whats exposed of the slick plate anyway

Fowledup and myself went out to my upper claim yesterday, he has the prospector, clearly runs twice the material with his box then i do with the large proline.
if i could, i would, but i can't, so i won't < just wait for a used one at a reasonable price, or better yet, Hone my welding skills for alum. have the fun of building one,

good day, good dirt

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about you pair up run with one bazooka.... split your take....still get more than you will with a proline and be that much closer to buying one8-)

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to see a picture of the gold still in the v mat when it is out of the water. I'm thinking that the gold, or at least some of it, seen on the v mat will disappear in the current when the unit is extracted. I would say that the mat's more useful, but questionable, purpose is as an indicator only and that, that gold will likely be sacrificed rather than be caught if used without.

Hmmm, it doesn't on my A52. Might depend on the type v-mat, deep or shallow...?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm, it doesn't on my A52. Might depend on the type v-mat, deep or shallow...?

Yep. Not on my sluice either. I missed the quote that 2cmorau pointed out. I take it by that, that the idea is to basically slow the movement of gold so they can see it but not to try to retain it. My bad. My zook is homemade, kind of unconventional in shape and it really wedges in and is difficult to dislodge when I want to cleanup and I'm pretty sure that I might lose gold still on an indicator mat while trying to get mine out. Easy solution is to dislodge it before extracting. Duh. Why didn't I think of that?

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know..... Mine works perfect right out of the box and I see plenty of gold. It seems to me the V mat is just going to slow down the flow.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
good day, good dirt[/FONT][/COLOR]

Without a doubt! Good day, good dirt, and great company makes for a dam fine day! When they go to cutting on me your welcome to keep it warm for me while I heal up. Was thinking, on the lower sections of the river where your carrying the buckets a ways and have clay to deal with, I'd keep classifying. But up higher I'd skip the classifying. If there ever was a place in mind when they came up with the big 48" Miner, your upper claim would be it for sure! Thanks again!!!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was definitely a great time, dogs got along, decent amount of color, will have to finish the trommel for that pesky clay, don’t see us getting dredges in the water next year, lookin forward to hooking up again and running the boxes together just for S&G. I do have a shiny new GMT in the box with extra goodies, think the boys at Bazooka be likin a fair trade

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was definitely a great time, dogs got along, decent amount of color, will have to finish the trommel for that pesky clay, don’t see us getting dredges in the water next year, lookin forward to hooking up again and running the boxes together just for S&G. I do have a shiny new GMT in the box with extra goodies, think the boys at Bazooka be likin a fair trade
The BGT boys are more than fair most of the time. Shoot them a message, they are Truely friendly.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just sell it. They hold their value and go quick on craigslist. That way you would have cash to spare as well.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just checked you guys are only two hours away. You could save up and when we have our 2nd annual Motherlode Miners Bash you can just come pick one up from the shop and get her wet the same weekend!!

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watch out 2cmorau, now your gettin the hard sell, it's all over but the shouting (and shovelin) your a soon to be convert. Hypothetically speaking what is a GMT new in the box worth?:wink:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$600+ theres one on Sac. craigslist for that much right now with 18 months warranty left. 36 inch prospector with pocket money to spare and if your good about it you could get a used detector. I've gotten both this year for less than $600:icon_thumleft:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ha! He is a soon to be convert.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LOL, GMT still has the warranty card, just need to fill out, goodies, be detector bag, head phones, think it might have a pin-pointer too have to check

Craigs list grreat idea, why didn’t i think of that, LOL. kept it as a backup
Sounds like once you go Bazooka you never go back

Attachments

• tyou want it when.jpg
    tyou want it when.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 169

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My sluicin buddy SouthEastFork got a video of gold sliding down the plate the other day. As soon as he can get it downloaded I will post it here.

OP
OP
G

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My sluicin buddy SouthEastFork got a video of gold sliding down the plate the other day. As soon as he can get it downloaded I will post it here.

Thanks. I am going out Friday with my 48" BGT and right now, I am going without the v-mat on it. I will be looking closely to see if I can see gold as I shovel in. If the picture arrives, I might do some mods before I leave.

Looking forward to seeing the photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread