Bazooka Sluice Box order

Dustinmx760

Sep 21, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey beasy324 did they ever ship your bazooka or does it still saying awaiting fulfillment? I ordered sept 19th still nothing

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, sounds like maybe I should start making Sluice boxes along side my Velocity wings.. I have the means.

Sluice Aileron kit _pic1a.jpg

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should...just be first to market and I'll be your first customer. I'm sure many will hem, haw and dream about doing it...but have they got the capital, the drive? We'll see...I'd put my money on an existing manufacturer to fill the vacuum before a start up.

If you do it, I have just one piece of sage wisdom to pass along...Please, don't plaster any logos on it that can be seen from over ten feet. I know I always keep my binoculars handy and when I see some piece of black plastic in the river, I want to pull those out and read a tiny plate with size 8 font to see if it's an existing product or a new product and maybe even READ the name of whatever it is (if plate isn't under water!) Forget having the name slap you across the face in big bright letters so you can go home, Google it and maybe buy one for yourself then and there...what's the "adventure" in that?

After all, prospecting is a unique industry. In this business...pretty much the only one of its kind on the planet...you don't want to create strong branding and have people know what your product is called in the easiest way possible. No sir, miners don't buy things that way; they don't read words and remember them like normal folk, they just know the shapes and colors of stuff by heart...eventually. Once they get all the information from some other source like a club or website, then they will know right where to find your website or retailers and all that silly money you would have wasted on a bigger logo is still in your pocket. Besides, how do you get that stuff to stick on anyway?!?!

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Hardhat, I agree whole hardheartedly and a mental note has been logged.
Although some may like this and I can leave it as an option for those few.

bazooka w flag.jpg

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should...just be first to market and I'll be your first customer. I'm sure many will hem, haw and dream about doing it...but have they got the capital, the drive? We'll see...I'd put my money on an existing manufacturer to fill the vacuum before a start up.

If you do it, I have just one piece of sage wisdom to pass along...Please, don't plaster any logos on it that can be seen from over ten feet. I know I always keep my binoculars handy and when I see some piece of black plastic in the river, I want to pull those out and read a tiny plate with size 8 font to see if it's an existing product or a new product and maybe even READ the name of whatever it is (if plate isn't under water!) Forget having the name slap you across the face in big bright letters so you can go home, Google it and maybe buy one for yourself then and there...what's the "adventure" in that?

After all, prospecting is a unique industry. In this business...pretty much the only one of its kind on the planet...you don't want to create strong branding and have people know what your product is called in the easiest way possible. No sir, miners don't buy things that way; they don't read words and remember them like normal folk, they just know the shapes and colors of stuff by heart...eventually. Once they get all the information from some other source like a club or website, then they will know right where to find your website or retailers and all that silly money you would have wasted on a bigger logo is still in your pocket. Besides, how do you get that stuff to stick on anyway?!?!

wow do you feel better now that you got that out of your system

Au Chit

Greenie
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good perspective, thanks for chiming in. Also, welcome to tnet :)

To learn which one would work best for you, best thing would be to meet up with some Bazooka owners to see them in action. Where are you based?

Your choice should be based on the local conditions where you'll be digging and on how hard you want to be able to work.

I'd be happy to discuss selection guidelines with you if you want to share more about your prospecting situation(s).

Thanks for the offer!

I met a gentleman on the Bear River (CA) using a little 24-inch Bazooka this past Thursday and the amount of material moving across that sluice was inspirational! He was knocking back 3-buckets to my one (that was the gal and I digging and classifying). I asked him where he ordered from and gave me some leads to follow up on.

I found a 36-inch Sniper from a local company (Prospector Channel) on Friday (10/14), ordered, and USPS tracking tells me my Bazooka will be on my doorstep tomorrow morning (10/17). Now, I have feed my dogs gun powder and hire a hitman to stand watch!

If you dare to spend a little more (free shipping) there is one on eBay as of this morning!

OP
OP
beasy324

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE:

Ordered mine September 5th 2016, after around 8 emails and calls and message to the company (none responded to I might add) My status now October 18th 2016 says SHIPPED. Ill post when arrives and probably make a youtube video unboxing and showing it off and talking about the whole process... Subscribe if you like: Florida Outdoorsman

Thanks for all the responses and everybody's own experience with them.

OP
OP
beasy324

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazooka has arrived!

Attachments

• 1477178724361.jpg
    1477178724361.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 92

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yay!

Enjoy :) [emoji106]🏻

OP
OP
beasy324

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you "like" or thumbs up peoples post on here I don't see a button for it. Thanks.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm usually reading TNet on my phone...in this format the "Like" button is just the word "Like" in red text below the body of the post.

Glad to hear you received your Bazooka...at least he is still crankin' em out! Enjoy!

Tony_agr

Jun 1, 2014
Placerville
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought a used sluice box from the owner of Bazooka in person, He seemed like a good guy, Just my .02 cents

ColoradoGoldGal

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Type of sluice

Hello,

New to this site...really enjoying it! Full of great thought's and information-thank you from a newbie! I didn't come across this info on the Bazooka's until after I placed an order on September 29th...I hope they're still producing the sluices! I've emailed a couple times and called but no replies. I hope I get one of these sluices,I ordered the 30' Sniper- I'm a one women operation, I got hooked going with friends and Oh-boy has the fever struck me! I've done a lot of research on the different type's of sluice's and thought the Bazooka would be perfect one for me without having to do classifying, I agree with a past person's post about a kid waiting for Christmas. I really hope Bazooka continues producing the boxes.

Also, in case anyone has some advice- I've been using a Le Trap sluice, I cut the top panel out to make it like a river robber, works good but a couple "cons" no pun intended are: you need a square type of container when you clean out otherwise-lesson learned #1 you'll have to be really careful when cleaning out the sluice with a round bucket container and the area I've been visiting has a lot of heavy black sand - lesson #2 learned after using it twice, I finally read the instructions online because it didn't come with any type of information, the instructions say to clean out as soon a the riffles get full of black sand otherwise you'll lose gold. Well that means in the area I've been going it only takes about 2 5gal. buckets before it's full of black sand. I'm also classifying using a 1/4" on top with a 18 mesh underneath and then running it thru the sluice.

Some of the pro's I've found regarding the Le Trap are: it's light weight, I hike in so weight really matters to me, easy to clean out if you have a square container, and runs with very low stream flow...

Thanks for any other advice or information.

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not to worry, you've chosen well with the Bazooka you picked. Just be ready for it to take a month to get it.

PS nice summary of the Le Trap. Good gear and definitely has its place in many prospecting toolkits!

PPS check out my website for more info on places to go in CO: www.findingGOLDinColorado.com
...what part of the state is home for you?

Last edited:

ColoradoGoldGal

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link and the feedback about the Bazooka. I was getting worried they were no longer in business after reading some of the post!!!

Woodland Park area

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the link and the feedback about the Bazooka. I was getting worried they were no longer in business after reading some of the post!!!

Woodland Park area

Maybe you already know this but your closest gold would be:
- south metro Denver (see my blog post on this area)
- the town park in FairPlay (see my blog entry on this too)
- Gold Prospectors of Colorado claims (join the club as it is Co Springs based)
- the Arkansas River including the public areas at Point Barr and Cache Creek ( see links to those areas in one of my first blog posts) but avoiding the many claims and other crap.
- maybe something around Cripple Creek/Victor (I haven't done much research there yet to determine access)

Last edited:
OP
OP
beasy324

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me reiterate, ordered mine September 5th arrived October 22nd. They are still making them. This is what time frame your looking at if you decide to purchase. Thanks everybody for the input. I tested my bazooka out on some home depot sand...no gold ;( the sand i used come from North Carolina.

Attachments

• 1477481587001.jpg
    1477481587001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 1477481608923.jpg
    1477481608923.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 89

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions