Sluice for fine Indiana/Illinois gold?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Angus Mackirk sluices are very easy to setup with different flows or slow flowing water, they seem more forgiving and catch gold great. I'm here in Indiana and I'd say a forman sluice would be great and there about the easiest to setup if your new to it and if you have slow flow they work good you just have to feed slower. You can get smaller sluices for very small creeks but you won't move much material and the forman works good for me most times. I took my keene sluice and turned it into a highbanker setup.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree, the AM sluices are a great choice for you.

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I will check out the Angus McKirk sluices.

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
another vote for the Mackirk sluices. I have a Foreman 2 and love it. super fast cleanouts and really catches the small stuff.

OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with a MacKirk Explorer.Hope I went the right way?Will this be a good sluice for the fine gold?Thanks for all the info.

Kuntzy

Jul 24, 2015
North Vernon IN
Detector(s) used
tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It will work great for super fine gold. Mine picks up gold you need a magnifier to see . Spend some time learning to set it up properly and you will be good to go. Good luck and heavy pans. The best part is the lightning fast cleanouts. I can have mine out of the river cleaned and back in place in about a minute.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions