63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've just experienced a Learning Curve which, if you accept what your were taught, could save your life. Carrying a lot all at once allows for additional hang ups on branches, weeds, stumbling on loose rocks, slipping on solid rock, straining one's back, etc., etc., and it all happens in an unforgivably short instant of time. Assessing the danger along any given path one might choose to Get to Where your mind's eye has indicated where you want to be needs to take into account the difficulty any given path might have associated with it.

You are NOT The First person to have experienced this lesson, any of us that go "out there" have come across it more than once, sometimes only a scare, sometimes only a bruise to body or mind and sometimes not so lucky. I know of one fisherman that went out for the opening of Trout Season along a Wild & Scenic River (in gold country) and never made it home. What was left of his body was located several months later way down stream. Be careful, remember the lesson you've experienced! There have been times when I have gone down a hillside to 'test' the path while using a safety rope that I tied to a convenient tree or large boulder. Once a safe path was located only then did I bring my gear in one small piece at a time keeping my hands free as I needed them to hang onto the safety rope. Be safe out there, and have fun and find lots of gold!..............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Mine Shaft

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks RTR i will do that. I have slowed down a little at my age but i am the type of person as far back as i can remember to go full tilt hunting/fishing/hiking /climbing my buddies would always say slow down lol. Its not without its dangers i have been knocked out 3 times and 4 times to the ER for stitches.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions