Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Keene A-52s sluice

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 1821 Wheaties
    1397 times
    prospecting, metal detecting

Keene A-52s sluice

Has anyone seen or tried this new sluice? Can shovel into it with fast water or remove the screen section and hand feed for slow water.

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    685 times
    Prospecting
    I saw a promotional video for it the other day I found it funny as the new features are mods that A52 owners have done for years.
    No gold in NY, Hamfist and russau like this.

TEG
    us
    Aug 2007
    Placer County CA
    Gold Racer, Fisher F-75LTD Bazooka Prospector Bazooka Sniper Grizzly Gold Trap Calsluice 2B Keene A52s
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Received yesterday. Fully assembled, a little over 19#s. Might make shoulder strap for carrying. Looks nicely engineered and manufactured. The mats in place.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_71.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	1699173Riffle bars and heavier expanded metal up front, all part of the same assembly.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1173.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	1699175Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1172.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	1699176 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_77.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1699183Classifier section. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_73.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1699177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_74.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	1699178 All together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_76.jpeg 
Views:	66 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	1699182 Didn't have resources for making these mods to my A52. All adjustments, experimenting and futzing all done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1176.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	1699179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_75.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	1699180  
    wildminer, davin, russau and 2 others like this.

TEG
    us
    Aug 2007
    Placer County CA
    Gold Racer, Fisher F-75LTD Bazooka Prospector Bazooka Sniper Grizzly Gold Trap Calsluice 2B Keene A52s
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Decided to take sluice out to the neighborhood creek to give it a quick trial run to get a feel for it. Put about 20 shovel-fulls into it. The sluice definitely needs sufficient forceful flow to get oversize up and over the punch plate and out of the last section of the box. It will catch fine scaly gold.

From Hungarian Riffle/Expanded Metal/Carpet section:
    Attachment 1699252

From Miracle Mat Section:
    Attachment 1699253

From Front Heavy Expanded Metal/Carpet Section:
    Attachment 1699254

From Rubber V-Rib Matting:

Attachment 1699255
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_78.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	864.4 KB 
ID:	1699259  
    davin likes this.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4365 times
    TEG all of your attachments didn't go through.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1889 times
    Prospecting
    That 20 pound monstrosity is why I dont buy Keene gear haha. Other competing companies will come out with their own model to copy it but it will have 30 different mats and they will add an engine or whatever.
    Last edited by Johnnybravo300; Apr 14, 2019 at 09:50 AM.
    KevinInColorado and wildminer like this.

MAGA

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    739 times
    Prospecting
    There's a Dr. out there whose stream sluice with one mat weighs five pounds less at 15 lbs.

us
    Mar 2015
    Whites Coin Master Whites Gold Master GMT, High banker/dredge, DIY hand trommel, DIY Miller table, DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice, Keene A-52 1821 Wheaties
    1397 times
    Quote Originally Posted by russau View Post
    TEG all of your attachments didn't go through.
    I am never able to open those type attachments.

TEG
    us
    Aug 2007
    Placer County CA
    13 times
    Prospecting
    Recovered under low-flow conditions:

From front rubber-rib section:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7b.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	905.1 KB 
ID:	1703175

From carpet under heavy expanded metal:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_7a.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	883.4 KB 
ID:	1703180

From miracle mat section:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_79.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	549.0 KB 
ID:	1703181

From last section Hungarian riffles:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_78.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	864.4 KB 
ID:	1703182
    No gold in NY and utah mason like this.

us
    Mar 2015
    1397 times
    Got the pics now. Nice first clean up TEG. Your profile don't show where you are from.

us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    951 times
    Haven't had a chance to see one in action. A friend of mine just purchased one for a raffle prize for his club. I was with him when he picked it up saturday after we got done mining. My first thought was I have to get one of those kits for my sluice. After we parted ways and I was driving home, I reflected on a conversation we had earlier that day with one of our green members of our club. My friend an I were both using larger drop riffle sluices that day. Both of us commented on how nice it was to be able to clean our sluice into a bucket in ten seconds and how cleaning out an A52 takes 5-10 minutes. Now add that kit on top of it, probably 15 minutes to clean out. No thanks. I would rather see someone come up with a drop in plastic drop riffle modification for the A52. Hell, maybe I'll do it.
    KevinInColorado and Beav like this.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36°60'
    4475 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by QNCrazy View Post
    Haven't had a chance to see one in action. A friend of mine just purchased one for a raffle prize for his club. I was with him when he picked it up saturday after we got done mining. My first thought was I have to get one of those kits for my sluice. After we parted ways and I was driving home, I reflected on a conversation we had earlier that day with one of our green members of our club. My friend an I were both using larger drop riffle sluices that day. Both of us commented on how nice it was to be able to clean our sluice into a bucket in ten seconds and how cleaning out an A52 takes 5-10 minutes. Now add that kit on top of it, probably 15 minutes to clean out. No thanks. I would rather see someone come up with a drop in plastic drop riffle modification for the A52. Hell, maybe I'll do it.
    I like wooden drop riffles. A eight foot 1x8 or 1x10, a circular saw, a square, a couple screws and you can make a four foot drop riffle likitty split.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

Feb 2016
    36 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckshot View Post
    I like wooden drop riffles. A eight foot 1x8 or 1x10, a circular saw, a square, a couple screws and you can make a four foot drop riffle likitty split.

Name:	IMG_9542.jpg 
Size:	591.0 KB 
ID:	1704016

Here’s a woody i ran across at an old miners cabin.
    johnedoe and KevinInColorado like this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1999 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsurddy View Post

Name:	IMG_9542.jpg 
Size:	591.0 KB 
ID:	1704016

Here’s a woody i ran across at an old miners cabin.
    That old sluice has probably seen a good bit of material run in its day..... Not to mention gold too.
    jsurddy likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

TEG
    us
    Aug 2007
    Placer County CA
    13 times
    Prospecting
    A52s second trial run: wanted to find a place that would have the water force and flow to move the oversize material up and over punch plate and through the sluice without being pushed along by hand. Took the unit out to a small stream, and located a steam bed area with a 15 degree decline. Placed the sluice at the bottom of the slope. Let the water cascade into the flare. Shoveled bank run material into the sluice. There was enough force and flow under these conditions, that the oversize material was washed up and over the punch plate and out of the sluice. There was just a small amount of fine flour gold in the source material and it was retained by the sluice. The retention was made further down the sluice. Ribbed rubber matting was pretty clean; only one speck of gold was found there. Most of the heavies were found in the carpeted area under the thick expanded metal section. Lots of black sand in the Hungarian riffle section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links