1715 Fleet Silver Cob (Mexican Wrist Watch) For Sale Photos Added

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
1715 Fleet Silver Cob (Mexican Wrist Watch) For Sale Photo's Added

If you guys would like to buy it send me a pm with a ballpark offer. I am going out of town until Dec 16th. I will send you photos and all of the information once I get back. I want it to go to a serious collector..... not someone who is going to lowball me and then turn around and sell it for a huge profit. Please don't be an opportunist. A good ballpark will get you the information. In your pm please include your email address and phone number.

You might start your email this way, "If it is what you say it is....I would possibly be willing to pay up to $_____ for your Mexican Wrist Watch Cob".

Thank you,

OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007
Re: 1715 Fleet Silver Cob (Mexican Wrist Watch) For Sale

I have 4 offers all over the board, I will leave it up until Jan 8th. Does anyone want to know the high ballpark bid? Let me know.

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

armchairQB30 said:
I know what I have and Trez has seen it. Please don't be an opportunist. A good ballpark will get you the information. In your pm please include your email address and phone number.

You might start your email this way, "If it is what you say it is....I would possibly be willing to pay up to $_____ for your Mexican Wrist Watch Cob".

Thank you,

Correction...I have not seen this cob other than in a photo, so with that being said.
Trez

OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007

Correction...... Trez never valued the cob he only saw photographs of the cob and identified it as a Mexican wrist watch. I did not mean to lead any of you to believe that he has certified it. He only saw a pic of the cob front and back.

Sorry Trez I did not mean to put you out there like that.

OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007

First pic

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 678
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 642
OP
OP
armchairQB30

armchairQB30

Jun 21, 2007

2nd pic

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 639
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 589

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Re: 1715 Fleet Silver Cob (Mexican Wrist Watch) For Sale Photo's Added

Long planchet sheared from a poured strap of material - you can see the sheared surfaces at the two opposing ends. Hard die strike right in the middle caused the edge bulges that give the center a rounded appearance. Shape is fairly common. See Alan Craig's excellent book "Spanish Colonial Silver Coins in the Florida Collection" for similar examples. Definitely an authentic 1715 fleet piece.

Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread