ATOCHA SILVER BAR LOAF 1622 MEL FISHER

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK I just had to tell everyone.... I am on cloud 9 today... Not everyday that you actually get a chance to see, hold and fondle a piece of history like this....My buddy asks the wife and myself to dinner last night that he had a friend that wanted to show me something. Free dinner and treasure talk ? I'm in...... After dinner He comes around the corner with this Loaf of SILVER from the ATOCHA.... Are you kidding me.... My jaw dropped to the floor.... Man I just couldn't believe it... 50 lbs of pure silver ..... Word just don't do it justice... an awsome experience.....

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,947

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: AOCHA SILVER LOAF 1622

Nice loaf I was recently at a scuba show and was able to wear one of the Gold Chains from the Atocha so I can understand and know how you felt to hold piece of treasure history.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last guy I saw with one of them was Mel Fisher - and you look almost as good as him! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:

Bum Luck said:
Last guy I saw with one of them was Mel Fisher - and you look almost as good as him! :icon_sunny:

This bar was bought directly from Mel Fisher in 1987, I was told that it was part of his personal collection. The bar number is very low and the year it was found all seem to be correct.......Mel needed more money to keep the operation going.......

ericschmitt2005

Apr 2, 2011

Our family owns one. We got it for an incredible deal. They are really something in person, 60 lbs never felt so heavy.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Glad that no one got thir hands on this one to cut / split / or melt down, not many have survived... :)

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, that is so cool! I have recently moved to Florida, and am dying to go visit his museum in the keys, have been reading about the salvors, and the 1715 shipwrecks, and the Atocha, etc......congratulations on a unique and entertaining dinner party!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread