Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Jan 2005
    361 times

Re: The history of Tayopa

Hello All

Oroblanco: Verifiable evidence? Independent sources any documents relating to Tayopa birth, death marriage or official documents or journals mentioning Tayopa. Some times these documents can bee seen as irelievent, but much can be learned about the history of the site.

Real de Tayopa: I have always read your posts with interest on this subject and has taught me much. Regardless of missing bits of historical references that might of eluded you. You still have made an impressive demonstration of your discovery of Tayopa under which I have no doubt that you have identified the location. I find it interesting that you mention that "Sr Polzer flatly denied it when we were talking about surviving records of Tayopa."

There was a professor from the University of California called Carl Ortwin Sauer who was a geographer. Who claimed when he was trapped by rain in Arizpe, Sonora, inspected a chest full of Marriage banns drawn up at Tayopa before 1700. Sauer also learned that there was baptismal records at Bacadeguachi.. There is also allegedly records at Granados as well.

Is this fact or just hearsay is anyone's guess, but I would interested to find out either way if possible of course. Some thing you might find fascinating either way. From a historical point of view.

Crow

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	242px-Carl_O._Sauer.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	523434  

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    650 times

Crow wrote
    Oroblanco: Verifiable evidence? Independent sources any documents relating to Tayopa birth, death marriage or official documents or journals mentioning Tayopa. Some times these documents can bee seen as irelievent, but much can be learned about the history of the site.
    I don't possess documents such as you are seeking, sorry.
    Oroblanco
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Charter Member
    us
    Cruces Nomad

Nov 2010
    Las Cruces, New Mexico
    FisherF75 ,Garret Propointer ,Vivitar HD Cam, Lesche Digger.
    444 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hello to Don and all,

Thanks for the info and the stories. I can not really offer any new or improved information to the thread. But will keep an eye as I am fascinated with your find. I recently have been looking at what I feel are Spanish sites here in Southern New Mexico. So your findings and methods do apply here also. I am unable to find a partner so I do it all, and usually alone.

With that in mind, I have two questions I would like to pose. One is what was found in the mine? It may have been posted already, but I am looking at the signs that lead to the Iron Doors, and directly what was found inside to confirm the mine? I have many openings I would like to compare with. I guess a general setup of the immediate area of the doors would help. How did they set up the final area knowing the lifting part has been solved. Dont post a pic or anything, I need a idea of what to expect if I ever get brave enough to climb in a dark hole all by myself in a remote area, where it would take hours for help to arrive.........

This leads to my second question. Im to believe the Spanish used booby traps to detour would be treasure hunters. So my safety is important. I have located several area I wish to explore, but wont enter for safety reasons. Some of the obstacles are rather large, and with no way to get the right equipment in, and help, I will have to go around them. Im concerned with the traps in the cave/mine itself.

Having a small but working knowledge of markings and cave design from several sites here local. I understand how one could be looking at the mine/cave and not know it. You posted a picture early on in the post. I have three possible locations for your door if you should ever loose it. Im wondering if you were able to use signs to find the site?

Most of my questions I would not put on a open post. You have shared a wealth of knowledge here and I am grateful. I dont think I have seen one piece of bad information, or misinformation. Well, none by you as I was only able to read about halfway through all the post.

I don't profess to be a tracker, but I am seeing things in your photos. I hope you don't mind me downloading them and looking at them in my own way. I respect others sites, and not sure you want someone sending pm's who you know little about. But very impressive areas.

I look forward to your post. I hope you continue to post pictures as I find the signs Im seeing fascinating. Thanks

Life is too short to be serious all the time. So if you cant laugh at yourself, call me....I'll laugh at you.

6) While access to this section is restricted to Charter Members, it is not to be considered a part of the Charter Member package. No refunds are given on Charter Memberships for any reason.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Sponsors