Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Oroblanco: Verifiable evidence? Independent sources any documents relating to Tayopa birth, death marriage or official documents or journals mentioning Tayopa. Some times these documents can bee seen as irelievent, but much can be learned about the history of the site.

Real de Tayopa: I have always read your posts with interest on this subject and has taught me much. Regardless of missing bits of historical references that might of eluded you. You still have made an impressive demonstration of your discovery of Tayopa under which I have no doubt that you have identified the location. I find it interesting that you mention that "Sr Polzer flatly denied it when we were talking about surviving records of Tayopa."

There was a professor from the University of California called Carl Ortwin Sauer who was a geographer. Who claimed when he was trapped by rain in Arizpe, Sonora, inspected a chest full of Marriage banns drawn up at Tayopa before 1700. Sauer also learned that there was baptismal records at Bacadeguachi.. There is also allegedly records at Granados as well.

Is this fact or just hearsay is anyone's guess, but I would interested to find out either way if possible of course. Some thing you might find fascinating either way. From a historical point of view.

Crow

Attachments

• 242px-Carl_O._Sauer.jpg
    242px-Carl_O._Sauer.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 318
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Crow wrote
Oroblanco: Verifiable evidence? Independent sources any documents relating to Tayopa birth, death marriage or official documents or journals mentioning Tayopa. Some times these documents can bee seen as irelievent, but much can be learned about the history of the site.

I don't possess documents such as you are seeking, sorry.
Oroblanco

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to Don and all,

Thanks for the info and the stories. I can not really offer any new or improved information to the thread. But will keep an eye as I am fascinated with your find. I recently have been looking at what I feel are Spanish sites here in Southern New Mexico. So your findings and methods do apply here also. I am unable to find a partner so I do it all, and usually alone.

With that in mind, I have two questions I would like to pose. One is what was found in the mine? It may have been posted already, but I am looking at the signs that lead to the Iron Doors, and directly what was found inside to confirm the mine? I have many openings I would like to compare with. I guess a general setup of the immediate area of the doors would help. How did they set up the final area knowing the lifting part has been solved. Dont post a pic or anything, I need a idea of what to expect if I ever get brave enough to climb in a dark hole all by myself in a remote area, where it would take hours for help to arrive.........

This leads to my second question. Im to believe the Spanish used booby traps to detour would be treasure hunters. So my safety is important. I have located several area I wish to explore, but wont enter for safety reasons. Some of the obstacles are rather large, and with no way to get the right equipment in, and help, I will have to go around them. Im concerned with the traps in the cave/mine itself.

Having a small but working knowledge of markings and cave design from several sites here local. I understand how one could be looking at the mine/cave and not know it. You posted a picture early on in the post. I have three possible locations for your door if you should ever loose it. Im wondering if you were able to use signs to find the site?

Most of my questions I would not put on a open post. You have shared a wealth of knowledge here and I am grateful. I dont think I have seen one piece of bad information, or misinformation. Well, none by you as I was only able to read about halfway through all the post.

I don't profess to be a tracker, but I am seeing things in your photos. I hope you don't mind me downloading them and looking at them in my own way. I respect others sites, and not sure you want someone sending pm's who you know little about. But very impressive areas.

I look forward to your post. I hope you continue to post pictures as I find the signs Im seeing fascinating. Thanks

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well once again I have been told I suffer from Paradoilia as I see things that appear to be a brain condition. When I look at the picture of the mountains though I see a real possibilities. The info shared in the last few pages here could take one a lifetime to learn. Just a big thank you to you guys, as I am no longer brave enough to post anything I find.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well once again I have been told I suffer from Paradoilia as I see things that appear to be a brain condition. When I look at the picture of the mountains though I see a real possibilities. The info shared in the last few pages here could take one a lifetime to learn. Just a big thank you to you guys, as I am no longer brave enough to post anything I find.

Don't trust some self-appointed, internet "psychoanalyst" amigo, you know there are some people on these forums whom are not very nice. Not saying that every mountain is hand-carved either, but there are real markers, and it would be almost foolhardy to ignore the possibility of traps. You may well be wise not to post anything you find, considering that we never know exactly who/whom is reading what is posted.

Good luck and good hunting amigo, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It hasn't happened here on this forum in a while. Its why I keep coming back. I know what you guys are discussing is true, it helps with my own work. I dont care to own or work a mine. I just like taking pictures and figuring out the sites without a way bill. I dont think many folks can put there self in the shoes of the old timers. Modern times has warped their way of looking and thinking. Those maps show a very organized work area. Makes me wonder how all the old places were forgotten.

Last edited:

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This map is one I have not seen before but it matches close to the area I was in, It was said Tayopa was a reduction . Jesuit reductions were walled and measured 600 varas x 600 . I did find remnants of these walls. The area was a good gold mining area. Penlolas mining was working a big Copper Silver Moly property there. Thank you Tayopa Tramp for this map.

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tayopa 2 Near top left under Annie , The rail line does in in present day Tayopa , and Tayopa tramp is 100% right on his thoughts. I don't see myself headed for Mexico anytime soon , Happy Hunting to All

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, you posted --- I dont care to own or work a mine,

Neither do I now that I have 3. I have seen the error of my ways Unless they are working and producing they are like the Proverbial "White Elephant", all out.

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still reading old posts , Congrats to you Tayopa Tamp for you diligence , this place has been a fascination of mine for a while , I do know the location of Tayopa 2 . Still have equipment there that I need to go get it . There was a old Gambisno there that told me about the area you are in , He said they had tried to recover coins from the area with two other compadres , one was killed by a booby trap and he had not been back. A little about me to all treasure hunters on here . My name is Tom Baca , I live in Bloomfield New Mexico . I have a Auto repair shop, I mine in SW Colorado , I have many resources for mining Hard rock , I have been mining since 1983 and have finally hit the motherlode , To all with this treasure hunting bug I wish you all well and good luck .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospector 77, feel free to ask any questions that you might have, including embarrassing ones, and there are potentially many.:laughing7::laughing7: :coffee2::coffee2:.

Hit the motherode ?? congrats Sr Baca.

Jim Voisin is presently working part of Tayopa II

Last edited:

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to post 234 , is he working hard rock or placer. I have heard that name but can't recall where , maybe in Tucson . I go to the rock show in Feb. every year to sell specimens . I didn't have time to check out Tayopa 2 much as I was working most of the time , there where several hard rock mines there . We were working placer there .

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
post 75

ME. ME. ME !!!! Prospector77 mi buddy, amigo, compadre etd.

hola compadre. Que es Moneda ? The Spanish had an easy way to make iron doors , You make a rectangle of wood , ad bat sh,,,,,t , potassium nitrate, black sand from the placers , flower , sugar , this mixture burns extremely hot . it could be finished with carbon and bellows .

Last edited:

prospecter77

Sep 9, 2015
Durango , Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orosco writes of the Mina Jesus Maria Jose de Arden as being a silver mine with gold , he talks of 3 Companias working these sites with Indios . La Purisma de la Conception was another mine . S.I.R.I. Santididad el sr Manuel Batista Marchina , Chinapas maybe . nergras ore from the canjones , fine gold.
The area I was working they called this light gold , leaf and thin pieces ORO CHINO .

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
77 , The Chinapas mine was also called the cerro colorado. The entrance is behind a huge rock and hence not easiy seen from the river trail.. It is on West side of the Chinapas rio. It was of Gold, but a long distance from Tayopa , which is on the Mayo Drainage..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread