Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Central America if I had to "guess".

Ah Simon my friend there ways and means of those determined enough to get what they want.....Just the nature of tropical tramps, indeed this squeaky old bird of a pirate has his hands should I say claws onto it.:laughing7:

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We do have one possible clue to the identity of at least one of these returning American filibusters. William walker recruited an Alex P Jones a Doctor who had visited several times to Cocos Island from information he had obtained from a dying man in Panama. After the failed attempted take over Nicaragua Jones could of encouraged mercenaries to steal one of Vanderbilt boats. But here again we have realize that there is only circumstantial evidence to support this...however intriguing.but clearly there is a connection between the two events.

Crow

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is part of the log book of this whaler than mentioning on arriving at Cocos Island to replenish water they saw a small Brig? Was that the stolen vessel "Vesta" from Cornelius Vanderbilt that was taken some of William walker mercenaries?

Once again my apologies It appears I may of have exceed a size limit on the amount of documents I can post. As I cannot for some reason upload the document even when cut down to size.

You can see a book reference mentioning Alex P Jones in the book The War in Nicaragua printed 1860.

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...os island william walker alex p jones&f=false

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is part of the log book of this whaler than mentioning on arriving at Cocos Island to replenish water they saw a small Brig? Was that the stolen vessel "Vesta" from Cornelius Vanderbilt that was taken some of William walker mercenaries?

Once again my apologies It appears I may of have exceed a size limit on the amount of documents I can post. As I cannot for some reason upload the document even when cut down to size.

You can see a book reference mentioning Alex P Jones in the book The War in Nicaragua printed 1860.

https://books.google.com.au/books?i...os island william walker alex p jones&f=false

Crow

Intriguing Crow.Do please continue.thanks
TT

Scar

Dec 25, 2010
William Walker had previous dealings with the skipper of the Vesta, Gilbert Morton. Vanderbilt was involved in Walker's escapades in Latin America.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Daily Alta California, Volume 6, Number 260, 21 October 1855 — l)rpari.re of Recruits for fol. W.jpg

Daily Alta California, Volume 6, Number 260, 21 October 1855 — l)rpari.re of Recruits for fol. W.jpg

Hello scar yes indeed it seems Vanderbilt had an arrangement with Walker as if Walker had succeeded. Vanderbilt had all the shipping rights-The above newspaper story dated 1855 gives more details of William walkers recruits from San Francisco. It was Vesta around the time of Walkers capture 2 years later that some of these recruits fleeing Nicaragua made a trip to Cocos to search for treasure. Story of treasure on cocos became by the ill fated Julius Pringle expedition of 1854.

So if this was correct then the Vesta could of possibly the vessel seen by John Hardman in 1857. In a time frame he was living near the beach in Oregon.

Crow

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
hello again

Here is part of whalers logbook that made not of a mystery vessel small brig in bay of Chatham Bay Cocos. Was this the Vesta?

log mention mystery brig at Cocos.jpg

The cave in on the island in the bay some times call Breakfast island and by other names Nuez Island or Isla murnuelita. It was here is sea cave the gold coins in chest was discovered by fleeing Filibusters from William Walkers failed revolution in Nicaragua.

cave-in-the-island.jpg

And so if this alleged story was true the filibuster would have explaining to do where they obtained these old coins back in California. Now with a stolen vessel and the threat of prosecution in The united states and certain death if they landed anywhere in central America. they must of logically have thought to hide there treasure in the more remote coast in Oregon?

To be continued....

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much research for a yarn.
It has been very enjoyable.
As I have been in bed for a few days with a cold.
I'm now enjoying the second cup of coffee for my morning. ( it's just past noon here.)
A few more cups and then back to bed....

#/:0# --

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use colloidal Silver in your coffee from now on Mikel.. Haven't had a cold in nearly 10 years, except for that Flue shot by the Va which damn near klled me. 2- 3 drops in your sock coffee sterilizes it and gets rid of 90% of the bugggies, no taste..

Course "I" use clean socks, while Oro ---?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does using a silver spoon work the same way?

I think I have one in my metal detecting stuff, somewhere.

#/:0{>~

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use colloidal Silver in your coffee from now on Mikel.. Haven't had a cold in nearly 10 years, except for that Flue shot by the Va which damn near klled me. 2- 3 drops in your sock coffee sterilizes it and gets rid of 90% of the bugggies, no taste..

Amigo,:coffee2: ?,:dontknow: np:cat:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

Hmm can't say I would agree with you on that recommendation - colloidal silver was intended for external use only.

Colloidal Silver Is Toxic - The Dark Side of a New Health Craze

Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit

Stick to the silver spoons if you want anti-bacterial action, don't consume silver! Besides it is worth more as silver! ;)

Please do continue!

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I saw a woman, somewhere in Alaska, on one of those "reality" shows, make her own silver drink.
She used three 9volt batteries and a silver wire in salted water.

She said it keeps her healthy thru the long Arctic winters.

I think I'll go with a silver spoon...

#/;0) : -

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ola Roy, I see that you used one of the nortorious FDA , big Pharm sites that are blatently inaccurate. Try wikipedia or others for example.

Colloidal Silver Has Mainstream Medicine Singing the Blues - NaturalNews.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

Colloidal Silver - Trusted Brands, Research & More

Colloidal Silver - Natural Healing Remedy

Colloidal silver news, articles and information:

I have been using it or perhaps 10 years now. In fact the hositals are now starting to line their airconditioning ducts with it. and using it for their pen. resistant buggies. (hospital deseases )

Colloidal slver was fine with the ama and medical world until they discovered Penicillan and the sulpha drugs which could be patented, wherea silver couldn't, being a natural substance. $$$$$$ So the war on colloidal silver began. What they didn't mention is that the baddies simply cannot develop resistsence to the Silver treatment.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So.....
Silver spoon...

Start wearing my wife's silver bracelets...

Ductape a silver dollar to my belly button...

Got it.

#/;0) }}}*

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ola Roy, I see that you used one of the nortorious FDA , big Pharm sites that are blatently inaccurate. Try wikipedia or others for example.

Colloidal Silver Has Mainstream Medicine Singing the Blues - NaturalNews.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver

Colloidal Silver - Trusted Brands, Research & More

Colloidal Silver - Natural Healing Remedy

Colloidal silver news, articles and information:

I have been using it or perhaps 10 years now. In fact the hositals are now starting to line their airconditioning ducts with it. and using it for their pen. resistant buggies. (hospital deseases )

Colloidal slver was fine with the ama and medical world until they discovered Penicillan and the sulpha drugs which could be patented, wherea silver couldn't, being a natural substance. $$$$$$ So the war on colloidal silver began. What they didn't mention is that the baddies simply cannot develop resistsence to the Silver treatment.

RDT is correct,
I have also been a believer for over 15+ years, It helped get me through another birthday !!
2-3 drops on your tongue during cold & flu season will do miracles.
Believe it.
-Weekender

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Continuing the yarn. Oregon is full of local treasure legend. One such story is some pirates came shore and buried treasure then killing a tall black slave over the excavation. Strange enough many years ago a grave of very tall man was discovered. was there some truth to this legend or was it connected with Walker Cocos link?

interesting among the remains there was an Arrowhead found. So perhaps this nothing to do with story but through local lore became part of the treasure legend?

You can see yourself the photographs the discoverer , the site the skull and the arrowhead below...

lcity_skeleton_calkin.jpg

lcity_skeleton1.jpg

lcity_skeleton3.jpg

lcity_skeleton4.jpg

The site was similar to have been allegedly described to William Rich the post master of Toledo Oregon. Marked trees and rocks. Was it the same place?

To be continued....

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread