Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow had a birthday ?? I hope it was a happy one, my appologies for being late. ( how do you men find these things
out ?)_

That reminds me the story continues today -- A group of miining engrs etc had a contract to work in Nicaragua, They were never paid, so they got together and robbed a train shipment of Gold bars. There was no way to get them out of the country just then, so they hid them, then quietly fled the country. This is active today as most of the men were stll alive, but too old to care anymore.

No, I am not breaching a confidence, I had permission from one of them several years ago.
nother of Crows flock.

Crow nudged my memories here, as he has done on other occaisions, it is not a one upper thing. My appologies Crow if it seemed so.

I will see if I can remember the details or find my notes.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Happy birthday young senior crow!
Cover your ears if your head hurts still....:skullflag:
(Volume control is the speaker icon, low and right.)

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo Crow,Have some burro juice:coffee2:,and a shot of your favorite rum, and HAPPY BURTHDAY, HARG,:occasion13:NP:cat:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today in order to read and have all these stories sink into my small mind,I am going to fix my favorite , I will slow cook some steak ,cut it into little pieces. cook it in some oil with chopped onions,garlic,and clili sauce,and some chopped hatch peppers, and a half cup of wine, let it simmer till almost all liquid is gone, put it on tortilla's with cheese and lettuce, then make me a salad with Italian dressing, and a glass or two, or three of Dewars. Just an appetizer, all are invited Amigo's, And yes, I will enjoy, so carry on with the stories,NP:cat::happy1::wav:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
:coffee2:Amigo, I have friends that bring me fresh chili's from hatch nm every year.no need for spirit:coffee2:, have plenty of burro juice:coffee2:for everyone.np:cat:

Burro juice, burro juice, burro juice! What is this obsession with burro juice amigo? I do not want to hear any more snipes about sock coffee from you! :tongue3: :laughing7: I think we may need to wash your coffee mug and get you some of that sock coffee right away, to wash out the taste of that burro juice!

:occasion14:

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Today in order to read and have all these stories sink into my small mind,I am going to fix my favorite , I will slow cook some steak ,cut it into little pieces. cook it in some oil with chopped onions,garlic,and clili sauce,and some chopped hatch peppers, and a half cup of wine, let it simmer till almost all liquid is gone, put it on tortilla's with cheese and lettuce, then make me a salad with Italian dressing, and a glass or two, or three of Dewars. Just an appetizer, all are invited Amigo's, And yes, I will enjoy, so carry on with the stories,NP:cat::happy1::wav:

NP

Hmmm Ya made me lick my lips that sounds tasty.Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow had a birthday ?? I hope it was a happy one, my appologies for being late. ( how do you men find these things
out ?)_

That reminds me the story continues today -- A group of miining engrs etc had a contract to work in Nicaragua, They were never paid, so they got together and robbed a train shipment of Gold bars. There was no way to get them out of the country just then, so they hid them, then quietly fled the country. This is active today as most of the men were stll alive, but too old to care anymore.

No, I am not breaching a confidence, I had permission from one of them several years ago.
nother of Crows flock.

Crow nudged my memories here, as he has done on other occaisions, it is not a one upper thing. My appologies Crow if it seemed so.

I will see if I can remember the details or find my notes.

Ya old Crow had another birthday. Thanks for the birthday wishes Technically I was never born as I was surgically removed.:laughing7:

I am happy it spikes memories of yours. Perhaps my crappy old yarns will inspire you to finish your book?

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay as ragged old Crow with a hangover and his raven beauty was awoke at daybreak by our little Crow who decided to use our nest as a trampoline this morning as kids do.

So old Crow has few feathers missing this morning with floppy beak snoring occasionally.

Now on with this treasure yarn. Oregon coast is full of treasure stories. Some such story was claimed by a man call John Hardman when he was young man living in shack on a property on the coast of Oregon in 1850's a strange sailing vessel turned up and he was detained by some American who had apparently buried treasure on the coast of Oregon. they kept him hostage for 2 days before releasing him. He looked for this treasure for years when he lived there. Years later he encountered one of the alleged men that buried the treasure who had taken some gold coins with him. who later died.

John Hardman maintained the treasure main bulk may still be there on a beach somewhere along the Oregon coast.

Was there any truth to the yarn? Or was it ploy to get investors to buy land along the coast up there? cynical thoughts aside there was another person who allegedly had knowledge in this buried treasure.

But first of all....the Following newspaper article you might find some interest in.

San Francisco Call, Volume 81, Number 175, 24 May 1897 — BURIED DOUBLOONS IN YAQUINA SANDS P1.jpg

San Francisco Call, Volume 81, Number 175, 24 May 1897 — BURIED DOUBLOONS IN YAQUINA SANDS P2.jpg

San Francisco Call, Volume 81, Number 175, 24 May 1897 — BURIED DOUBLOONS IN YAQUINA SANDS P3.jpg

As you can see another person by the name of William Rich ( love the name ) obtained information about the alleged treasure buried somewhere in Oregon.

I gather my friends many question must be spinning around in your heads.

To be continued...

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The two main witness to this alleged buried treasure was John Harding and William Rich.

Research into the lives of these two men did confirm the existence of these two men. And also important place John Hardling in the alleged treasure location around the 1850's. William from Toledo Oregon was the post master there 20 year or so after the event. Which I will show more about that later.

The area was virtually a wild and isolated part of the coastline in the 1850's when John Hardman lived there. However being such a large area to cover we are dealing with a virtual needle in a haystack scenario without more information.

AGATE BEACH LOOKING SOUTH FROM YAQUINA HEAD.jpg

JUMP OFF JOE ROCK YAQUINA LIGHT HOUSE IN THE DISTANCE.jpg

COBBLE CAVE AT NORTH AGATE BEACH.jpg

89110446.jpg

As you can see many hiding place sea caves along the coast.... It is easy to see why over time many versions of the treasure story sprang up?

To be continued...

Crow

Last edited:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burro juice, burro juice, burro juice! What is this obsession with burro juice amigo? I do not want to hear any more snipes about sock coffee from you! :tongue3: :laughing7: I think we may nee,d to wash your coffee mug and get you some of that sock coffee right away, to wash out the taste of that burro juice!

Amigo, you should try some burro juice it will change your ALTITUDE:alien:, and a few other things,Amigo. np:cat::occasion14:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Burro juice, burro juice, burro juice! What is this obsession with burro juice amigo? I do not want to hear any more snipes about sock coffee from you! :tongue3: :laughing7: I think we may need to wash your coffee mug and get you some of that sock coffee right away, to wash out the taste of that burro juice!

Sock Coffee ? Not sure who's recipe I tried to follow, ( Don Jose or Oro ), but this is what I ended up with. It also makes good laundry detergent.

Drink sock coffee twice a day.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow's back ! How about another story installment please ?

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow's back ! How about another story installment please ?

Simon,,as you were waiting all night for the completion of the yarn ,some of us maybe were flying to oregon during the night to have a headstart as the yarn unfolds lol 8-)

TT

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Simon,,as you were waiting all night for the completion of the yarn ,some of us maybe were flying to oregon during the night to have a headstart as the yarn unfolds lol 8-)

TT

Ya mean I had my pilot on stand by with my GulfStream G650 for nothing ? ? ? Now that makes me want to try burro juice ! Thanks for bursting my bubble. :coffee2: :coffee2:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha TT and Simon if only it was all that simple....

There is many unanswered questions to this yarn, even I cannot fully answer.... Once again it is night and old Crow is bewildered wondering where the day had gone...

However the story continues and many thanks for the much patience shown as it is hard to type such a long yarn in one go.

The logical thing was to confirm these alleged people of this alleged story to see if they existed.. Indeed they did exist... The following document below is record of post masters which show William Rich post master of Toledo Oregon.

WILLIAM RICH 1893 US FEDRAL POSTMASTER POST MASTER APOINTMENTS TOLEDO OREGON small.jpg

He was made post master in May 1893 the same year as the Newspaper story dated 24th of May in which you might find very interesting dates my friend can be crucial in working back in uncovering the chain of events.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
But even more important John Hardman as a young man did live there is the 1850's. As you can see below...

JOHN HARDMAN OREGON CENSUS 1850 LISTED AS SON small.jpg

Checking other census it seems he was there at least to the 1860's. It seems not impossible that what he allege to have claimed date wise at least may of happened some time in the 1850s decade before the civil war. The predominate piracy events was of 1850's was walker filibustering expeditions in central America. However weather its was connected to the alleged mercenaries who stole one of Cornelius Vanderbilt vessel and recovered treasure from a Cave on the island in Chapman bay, or from looted churches and towns from William Walkers expedition in central America remain unanswered for now.

To be continued.....

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Other treasure stories have been attributed to William Walker and to does no go beyond the realms of impossibility that some of them was based on fact. The discovery by chance or design be mercenaries who stole one of Cornelius Vanderbilt vessel in the mid 1850's and recovered treasure from a Cave on the island in Chapman bay. may be confirmed by log of a whaler who mentions upon visiting cocos island they saw another vessel. However the all important letters telling the story of discovery was found in a trunk in cost Rica of a man died there. sadly these paper have been sold to a private collector.

However the Whalers Log survives.

to be continued....

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions