Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanacki. you are so right when you say the journy is sometimes, believe it r not, the most important part.you couldn't buy my memories of the search for Tayopa and others. I suppose that I'll take on a partner to finnish the depository and Tayopa It is undescribable to realize that you have solved a part of the puzzle where other's could not. Crow filled me in on the infamous trio's negotiations with Nautilis some 5 or 6 years ago, before the gag order was in effect. He designed the dust cover of the story of Tayop, a wonderfully artistic creation.,.

Hello Don Jose the Trio owns companies who has shares in companies that have their tentacles in many projects. Long ago we realized from experience in the mining industry no project can be started and completed by the same person alone. No one has the capital expertise to develop the project for either mining or searching for treasure alone.

There is several phrases one must undertake like research, exploration and discovery of the site. then negotiate oneself into position to be able to profit from that discovery.

We realized the need for tactical alliances to get so many involved that all parties benefit from the project. For example if you seeking a treasure worth 100 million reality after you have made deals with ie landowners. local or governments and financial backers bank roiling the project or investor partners with certain expertise. If you got 10% you are doing well. If you got 25% your are a legend.

As the highly esteemed Don Mackaydon said there is always some one who wants a bigger slice of the pie. That is perennial problem that holds up many projects.

And those who are not getting a cut will cry out patrimony or environmental claims against the project.

Unfortunately that is the harsh realities we face.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki,
Absolutely ! Please bring it on.
Don....

Have you ever wondered where the gold of the Pharaohs came from?

Egyptian-Gold.jpg

wpid-Photo-Nov-12-2006-639-PM.jpg

So much gold that it sparked a whole region of the old world to develop through trade. Creating the mighty empires and the beautiful cultural objects we see today..

For many years there was debate where this gold was sourced from?

The answer came from a source that academics care not to mention when they promote the status quo that there is no such things as treasure maps.

Kanacki

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Have you ever wondered where the gold of the Pharaohs came from?

View attachment 1660205

View attachment 1660206

So much gold that it sparked a whole region of the old world to develop through trade. Creating the mighty empires and the beautiful cultural objects we see today..

For many years there was debate where this gold was sourced from?

The answer came from that academics care not to mention when they promote the status quo that there is no such things as treasure maps.

Kanacki

Didn’t Egypt have mines east of the Nile. I think that there were mines in the upper Nile also.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The name Kush pops into my mind. I think they were the people in the lands south of Egypt, maybe the Sudan or Ethiopia.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I started studying ancient history before I was 8 years old. I often wondered where the Mesopotamian civilizations got their gold. There was a gold mask found at Ur that I always found fascinating.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to ancient historians, gold was as common as sand in the kingdom of Egypt. By 3,200 BC public officers, called 'sementi', prospected for deposits and veins of gold to meet the demand of the divine pharaoh. Tutankhamun's tomb alone was filled with more than 500 items made of pure gold. However, the origin of all that gold was unknown for a very long time.

Archaeologist Rosemarie and geologist Dietrich Klemm discovered the lost mines in the 1980s by following an ancient Egyptian map. This treasure map is very peculiar, as it shows the geology of the terrain surrounding the ancient mines. This map and its geological content predate modern geological maps by almost 3,000 years.

Discovered near modern Luxor (ancient Thebes) between 1814 and 1821, the map was later sold to King Charles Felix, ruler of the northern Italian Kingdom of Sardinia and Piedmont. King Felix founded the Egyptian Museum in Turin in 1824, where the map is hosted today. The Turin-map is drawn on a 9 foot by 1.3 foot long papyrus, dated to 1,150 BC, and was prepared for an expedition led by pharaoh Ramesses IV, searching for blocks to be carved into statues of the god-king. It's a unique document, because it is the only known topographic map of ancient Egypt. Curios anecdote, in the same tomb where this map was discovered, also the only known papyrus with explicit sexual content was found. Unfortunately, after its discovery, the papyrus was severely damaged and torn into various pieces, only to be restored at the beginning of the 20th century.

wpid-Photo-Oct-24-2012-117-PM.jpg

However there is enough to surviving to show where these ancient gold mines was. You will notice an ancient Steele on the map. Here is below the actual Steele is below.

wpid-Photo-Oct-23-2012-844-AM1.jpg

wpid-Photo-Oct-25-2012-735-PM1 PUNT.jpg

This led the intrepid pair to find the old mining settlement long abandoned in eastern desert of Egypt for centuries.

wpid-Photo-Oct-25-2012-427-PM.jpg

Not only that... some undelivered gold itself. Buried in the sands of time.

boxes of gold in sand..jpg

And mining document that gave priceless information on gold production figures for the pharaoh.

production figgures book..jpg

But there is more.....

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello MDog yes you was correct it was in eastern desert as well the present day Sudan called back then Kush.

Kanacki

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Kanachi,
Regarding cutting up the pie, you are so right, my friend. I estimate that if each significant member of a marine search, salvage, recovery, conservation, and etc. treasure hunting team were independently asked what % does he/she believe should be theirs, I have no doubt the total percentage would approximate 300%. The challenge to these egos is to show that each participant has unique skills that should be reflected in a fair division of the pie--that contains only 100%.

In my experience, the pie might be divided between the provider of capital, the provider of equipment, the permit gatherer, the researcher, certain members of the crew and, of course, the party (state or country) controlling target area.

Then adding to your "And those who are not getting a cut will cry out patrimony or environmental claims against the project." are those who sue you (without substance) for stealing their reserach, permit and/or treasure; thern being faced with the legal expense of defense.

I'm stop here and imbide a couple of drams of my favorite coffee enhancer........
Don......

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1993 there was an exploration project publication publish below that took the explorations further.

Gee my apologies it seems I may exceeded my quota in posting pictures. In 1993 there was a more difinative push in exploration an Canadian company got interested in following in the footsteps of the Pharaohs. and discovered while almost all the reef gold was gone there was still very high qualities of gold in the host rock. After long negotiations with Egyptian government they started an open cut nine. Producing hundreds of thousands of ounces of gold per year. Not only that but two other mines have come on line.

All because two resourceful people searched for the ancient mines that was marked on an ancient map. By definition of the term treasure map? It qualifies under the definition of being not just a treasure map but a real treasure map.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanachi,
Regarding cutting up the pie, you are so right, my friend. I estimate that if each significant member of a marine search, salvage, recovery, conservation, and etc. treasure hunting team were independently asked what % does he/she believe should be theirs, I have no doubt the total percentage would approximate 300%. The challenge to these egos is to show that each participant has unique skills that should be reflected in a fair division of the pie--that contains only 100%.

In my experience, the pie might be divided between the provider of capital, the provider of equipment, the permit gatherer, the researcher, certain members of the crew and, of course, the party (state or country) controlling target area.

Then adding to your "And those who are not getting a cut will cry out patrimony or environmental claims against the project." are those who sue you (without substance) for stealing their reserach, permit and/or treasure; thern being faced with the legal expense of defense.

I'm stop here and imbide a couple of drams of my favorite coffee enhancer........
Don......

Hello Don I like the idea of fee wee drams I think I have earned it today.

Cheers Kanacki

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
In 1993 there was an exploration project publication publish below that took the explorations further.

Gee my apologies it seems I may exceeded my quota in posting pictures. In 1993 there was a more difinative push in exploration an Canadian company got interested in following in the footsteps of the Pharaohs. and discovered while almost all the reef gold was gone there was still very high qualities of gold in the host rock. After long negotiations with Egyptian government they started an open cut nine. Producing hundreds of thousands of ounces of gold per year. Not only that but two other mines have come on line.

All because two resourceful people searched for the ancient mines that was marked on an ancient map. By definition of the term treasure map? It qualifies under the definition of being not just a treasure map but a real treasure map.

Kanacki

Thank you, Kanacki. That was a good story. I’ll have to search for archaeological records from the site to find if they were able to determine when the mines were abandoned.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don

Most people dream of finding treasure but when they do? They do not understand the ramifications of what happens next. It is not as easy as portrayed in moves. Go try moving gold over international borders in secret. Or turn up at an island excavate without the locals knowing? Nothing is easy.

I remember arriving in a country with a boat an all equipment covered in water proof drums etc... And we kept to ourselves not word did we reveal what we was up to. All clandestine and low profile as possible. And yet there was 5 year boy fishing from the wharf asked me when I was carrying stuff.

Hey mister are you guys treasure hunters? :-)

So yeah not as easy as one thinks.

Kanacki

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mdog

I am not sure when the mines fell into disuse. Perhaps some time after Hellenistic period in Egypt as a guess?

Here is a map of the established ancient gold workings.

wpid-Photo-Oct-26-2012-1223-AM GOLD FEILDS.jpg

Kanacki

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello Mdog

I am not sure when the mines fell into disuse. Perhaps some time after Hellenistic period in Egypt as a guess?

Here is a map of the established ancient gold workings.

View attachment 1660221

Kanacki

It looks like most of the mining was done during the time of the New Kingdom. That would have been about 1500-1000 BC. It must have taken thousands of slaves to support such extensive mining operations. I wonder if Hebrew slaves worked in the mines. I believe the Hebrews took much gold from the Egyptians. I wonder if this area was where the biblical Exodus originated.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Kanacki
===========
Did Kathryn Bard, Rodolfo Fattovich and Andrea Manzo make a similar, discovery or was theirs in a different area ? I thought I saw an article which had given them credit for the discovery of that stela ( spelling ? ). There were others that had been badly worn and then the one that had been found face down which was almost in perfect condition. Just curious.
Interesting topic and your memories are just mesmerizing. I hope someday you can author a book, or series of books , and share more stories and details, if allowed. Everyone here is interested and Don Jose's book is still.................. being organized.
:hello: Hola Senor Don Jose :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Kanaci, Crow filled me in on your Eirie some two years ago. Both he, and Hardluck both thought that you were crazy, but they both now think that you have an artistic heart. All boys, both young and old, all have a hanckering for tree houses. You have done a magnificent job. but I.m afraid even that wouldn't hold me for more than six months or so. I have an uncurable case of - whatever you may wish to call it - that has ruined me for a conventional life ,through acquiring several boxes of dime novels of Doc Savage and others. I was a loner as a kiddie and learned to use my immagination at an early age. I would be at a paradiscal retreat at a place such as yours and I would be dreaming of another lostb Tayopa to find, They say that anyone that catches this sicknes is lost for a conventional life, while at the same time they acknowledge that the stay-at-home,guy who attends to his family needs with a job that he may dislike, dreaming from of when he may retire and be free to go off on wild adverturse then finds it is too late, sigh , sigh. He is a real hero in my opinion. I take no medicines, but am handicaped from -- ah thats for another day. ( no purple heart) anyway I think you should post a few pictures of your tree houses. as I said all of the Lords children love tree houses. Incidentally whose idea was it to accept shares ?

Hi Don Jose. I used to read those Doc Savage paperbacks too. I have always remembered how Doc set aside an hour a day to concentrate on important interests. A good idea. I am one of those guys that decided to stay close to my family. I learned, in the Army, that there is a very thin line that separates adventure from tragedy. My wife needed me close to raise our family and I didn't take any needless risks. It's been an adventure, but a different kind.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
===========
Did Kathryn Bard, Rodolfo Fattovich and Andrea Manzo make a similar, discovery or was theirs in a different area ? I thought I saw an article which had given them credit for the discovery of that stela ( spelling ? ). There were others that had been badly worn and then the one that had been found face down which was almost in perfect condition. Just curious.
Interesting topic and your memories are just mesmerizing. I hope someday you can author a book, or series of books , and share more stories and details, if allowed. Everyone here is interested and Don Jose's book is still.................. being organized.
:hello: Hola Senor Don Jose :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

As far as I am aware it was many mining sites was deemed by archaeologists as Hellenistic sites, Many of these site was re worked older sites of the Pharaohs. For the Steela or stela you refer to may be correct.

6856c6bc-79b6-450f-9577-6f3c07e94464.jpg

centamin-legal-fight-over-gold-mine-in-egypt-set-to-end-this-year.jpg

One thing for sure the map led to major discovery of gold. In 1995 a west Australian mining company called "Pharaoh gold mines" Who researched the book of the 1993 exploration. I think was bank rolled by Canadians was late bought out by Centamin.

Last January 2018 Centamins profits from Egypt’s sole gold-exporting mine are making headlines in the country.

According to local media, the Sukari gold mine, which is owned in equal parts by Jersey-based Centamin (TSX:CEE) (LON:CEY) and the Egyptian Mineral Resource Authority, provided $14.4 million in revenues to the latter during the first month of 2018.

Citing Centamin’s Chairman of Mineral Exploration and Mining, Youssef el-Raghy, Egypt Today states that, in total, the Ministry of Petroleum-affiliated EMRA has obtained $260 million from the mine since the company started dividing profits with the government in October 2016.

Sukari, which is a 160-square-kilometres tenement area located in the south-easterly region of the Eastern Desert, approximately 25 kilometres from the Red Sea, produced around 100 tonnes of gold since it started operations in January 2010, with an average monthly production of 1.2-1.5 tonnes of the yellow metal. Shipments from the mine represent about 2 per cent of all of Egypt’s exports.

Total combined open pit and underground reserve estimate, at 30 June 2015, was 8.8Moz.

In 2017, Centamin produced 544,658 ounces of gold, while its initial guidance was of 540,000 ounces. For 2018, the company hopes to produce 580,000 ounces, up from an estimate of 550,000-560,000 ounces.

centamin-shareholders-get-bumper-divvy-despite-2017-profit-fall.jpg

So in effect a big discovery of gold evolved from a crumbling old document. A map in effect a real treasure map.

And in regards to writing a book?

Sorry people pay me to forget!

Kanacki.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread