Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Homer

No place in this world is closer to god than anywhere else. You could be middle of city in glass and steel or even in the most burning of arid deserted desert you can find beauty my friend. While my island home there is much beauty to see there are horrible things as well. One cannot exist without the other. Being closer to god my friend is inside you on how you conduct yourself in your lives journey irrespective of where you live.

Believe me sailing around Cape horn 3 am in morning during a raging storm with 5 story waves smashing over ship. And climbing up mast lurching 40 decrees in pitch blackness with wind roaring and driving horizontal rain to untangle rope. with one slip your gone for eternity.... You get a little closer to god.:-)

Or like with your snake encounters pretty you can get pretty close also?

It reminds of a funny story of a funny thing that happened to me years ago. I was exploring a tunnel barely big enough to crawl through or rather drag yourself on your belly. I had one of those cheap battery lights losing power in which light from it was getting darker and darker. I was tired and losing concentration. Lots of items it appeared to have washed into the small tunnel. At first it looked like motorbike Tyre Without thinking I gave it a big squeeze and thought to myself plenty of air in it?

Except it was not a motorbike tire? It was large Python that lifted its head up and gave me filthy look. Then my light died plunging me into pitch blackness. Yep you guessed it I got close to god that day also. :-)

I think I must of broke the belly crawl land speed record in reverse.:-)

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly there is good and bad everywhere......always seems to balance out somehow.....
Most important is attitude though, your perspective.....viewing the sky ar partly sunny or partly cloudy.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly there is good and bad everywhere......always seems to balance out somehow.....
Most important is attitude though, your perspective.....viewing the sky ar partly sunny or partly cloudy.

Hello Doc D

Yes you are correct Peoples attitude in this world is influenced in what they experience in everyday life.On how you see the world.

My Philosophy was influenced by many influences in effect I grew up as displaced person in permanent exile. I know what its like to be a minority and majority at the same time. I never grew up with just one cultural influence. I was exposed to Christianity as well as Buddhism and various tribal beliefs. There is more in common than what divides people if only they care to look. And its true the key is the eternal balance of good and evil. because as much we hate to think it as most of us think we are self righteous, But for most of us there is good and evil inside all of us in varying degrees either way. Then there those of course who the extreme either being bad or good in this world.

I remember my dad teaching me a valuable lesson when I was a kid, I have been bullied at school. And the old boy being an ex WW2 veteran and was boxer taught me to box. He kitted me out with gloves and him the same. He sat on his knees and I tried to punch him like windmill with epilepsy. Of course totally uncoordinated he planted one on me put me on my ass. Then he shouted get up. There was many times I wanted to quit but he make get up every time.

Afterwords he told me. In this world there will always some one or some people out there wanting to knock you down. Some times they will but you never quit you get back up to fight. And fight you shall my son against every challenge you face in life. You will not always win but you can hold your head high that you stood your ground.

Well this bully at school got as good as he dished out. While he gave me a hiding a few times, I gave him a few back. After all the the fights the only one we got caught fighting was when I was giving him a hiding. And I got expelled. Scolded by mum and secret pat on the back and atta boy from the old boy. But it did not matter I had learned a valuable lesson. That lesson carried me through the ups and downs of life. No natter how hard you knocked down you have to get back up fight.

New Guinea can be tough place to learn those lessons in life. But those lessons was well learned. I would not be where I am today if it was not for them.

Kanacki

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Homer

No place in this world is closer to god than anywhere else. You could be middle of city in glass and steel or even in the most burning of arid deserted desert you can find beauty my friend. While my island home there is much beauty to see there are horrible things as well. One cannot exist without the other. Being closer to god my friend is inside you on how you conduct yourself in your lives journey irrespective of where you live.

Believe me sailing around Cape horn 3 am in morning during a raging storm with 5 story waves smashing over ship. And climbing up mast lurching 40 decrees in pitch blackness with wind roaring and driving horizontal rain to untangle rope. with one slip your gone for eternity.... You get a little closer to god.:-)

Or like with your snake encounters pretty you can get pretty close also?

It reminds of a funny story of a funny thing that happened to me years ago. I was exploring a tunnel barely big enough to crawl through or rather drag yourself on your belly. I had one of those cheap battery lights losing power in which light from it was getting darker and darker. I was tired and losing concentration. Lots of items it appeared to have washed into the small tunnel. At first it looked like motorbike Tyre Without thinking I gave it a big squeeze and thought to myself plenty of air in it?

Except it was not a motorbike tire? It was large Python that lifted its head up and gave me filthy look. Then my light died plunging me into pitch blackness. Yep you guessed it I got close to god that day also. :-)

I think I must of broke the belly crawl land speed record in reverse.:-)

Kanacki

Well, Homar, I will have to disagree with you, and agree with Kanacki on this one. I have lived quite a few places in my life, and each of them had their good points and their bad points. I have lived in the desert (albeit not Texas) and have found much to like about it. In fact, I am almost finished moving to Yuma, AZ from SoCal, and I find I like it there a lot. It’s not perfect, but nowhere is, not even tropical islands (which I like greatly as well). Don’t forget about the insects (mossies (Australian for mosquitos) and others) and the hurricanes, to name just a few problems that you may find in the tropics. It’s more about attitude than anything else.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Doc D

Yes you are correct Peoples attitude in this world is influenced in what they experience in everyday life.On how you see the world.

My Philosophy was influenced by many influences in effect I grew up as displaced person in permanent exile. I know what its like to be a minority and majority at the same time. I never grew up with just one cultural influence. I was exposed to Christianity as well as Buddhism and various tribal beliefs. There is more in common than what divides people if only they care to look. And its true the key is the eternal balance of good and evil. because as much we hate to think it as most of us think we are self righteous, But for most of us there is good and evil inside all of us in varying degrees either way. Then there those of course who the extreme either being bad or good in this world.

I remember my dad teaching me a valuable lesson when I was a kid, I have been bullied at school. And the old boy being an ex WW2 veteran and was boxer taught me to box. He kitted me out with gloves and him the same. He sat on his knees and I tried to punch him like windmill with epilepsy. Of course totally uncoordinated he planted one on me put me on my ass. Then he shouted get up. There was many times I wanted to quit but he make get up every time.

Afterwords he told me. In this world there will always some one or some people out there wanting to knock you down. Some times they will but you never quit you get back up to fight. And fight you shall my son against every challenge you face in life. You will not always win but you can hold your head high that you stood your ground.

Well this bully at school got as good as he dished out. While he gave me a hiding a few times, I gave him a few back. After all the the fights the only one we got caught fighting was when I was giving him a hiding. And I got expelled. Scolded by mum and secret pat on the back and atta boy from the old boy. But it did not matter I had learned a valuable lesson. That lesson carried me through the ups and downs of life. No natter how hard you knocked down you have to get back up fight.

New Guinea can be tough place to learn those lessons in life. But those lessons was well learned. I would not be where I am today if it was not for them.

Kanacki

Kanacki, I have met many, many interesting and intriguing people (way too many to mention individually) here on Tnet (most of them post on this thread, at least once in a while), but I will have to say, IMHO, that you are one of the most interesting. A pity I did not meet you in person.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose

Good to see you contributing again. I recall an infamous donkey or mule ride over sierras? Must of been an amazing journey?

Doc D yes South America had some amazing myth and legends. And herbal knowledge. I remember once up on altarplano we went to fiesta in a small Andean village that once a year the villager venerate condors. they lure one down capture it and take it back to the village to venerate it over 3 days of feasting and feeding the king condor. It I recall was part of their tribal totem. Even thou they have been Christianized they still practice these rituals. After 3 days with ceremony the bird is released. The belief in nature spirits is still strong in the Andes.

JB You are totally correct my friend. If only we could cherry pick the good things each cultures can contribute. The same culture also have some things in there...er nah

And for that bar. It livened the island up for a time especially when Crow was in charge. It changed from the Marlin bar to known by its nick name the drunken marlin. Letting Crow the old pirate run a bar was like giving letting the wolf mind the sheep! patrons would be coherence into drunken party games. Funnest thing he made them do was get two teams of 10 total strangers to pass a match box cover from nose to nose in race. Then he had twister championships you know the game mat with colored circles on it. We had an pirate party with all the theater once. I arrived with crew in my brig Durmbeat and came ashore with flaming touches beating drums. The local was awestruck even the local police office there to keep the peace was drunk and run amock. the crowd that turned up drank the bar dry and there was near riot. A one stage he was getting most of the patrons from all the licence premises on the island. They go envious and complained. Crow got hit with responsible service alcohol infraction and closing time infractions. In the end it was better to lease out the bar and not pay fines.

Today the bar is quiet selling evening meals a few drinks to watch the sun go down. Technically Crow was fired from his own bar in true pirate fashion. His parties moved down road at beach shanty was legendary. These days he hardly drinks at all. I think he just got over it.

Today the old pirate has been very good now that hes a family man. Almost a saint. Although when prompted his old self reemerges :-)

Kanacki

Well, I don’t recall seeing the Drumbeat when I was there, and with my interest in sailing ships, I would have noticed, so I probably missed you. I do remember the bar, however, and had a beer or two there. I suspect that my wife would not have let my son and I stay around if the two of you were there at the time. She would have been afraid we would join in which we probably would have……

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaci, Crow filled me in on your Eirie some two years ago. Both he, and Hardluck both thought that you were crazy, but they both now think that you have an artistic heart. All boys, both young and old, all have a hanckering for tree houses. You have done a magnificent job. but I.m afraid even that wouldn't hold me for more than six months or so. I have an uncurable case of - whatever you may wish to call it - that has ruined me for a conventional life ,through acquiring several boxes of dime novels of Doc Savage and others. I was a loner as a kiddie and learned to use my immagination at an early age. I would be at a paradiscal retreat at a place such as yours and I would be dreaming of another lostb Tayopa to find, They say that anyone that catches this sicknes is lost for a conventional life, while at the same time they acknowledge that the stay-at-home,guy who attends to his family needs with a job that he may dislike, dreaming from of when he may retire and be free to go off on wild adverturse then finds it is too late, sigh , sigh. He is a real hero in my opinion. I take no medicines, but am handicaped from -- ah thats for another day. ( no purple heart) anyway I think you should post a few pictures of your tree houses. as I said all of the Lords children love tree houses. Incidentally whose idea was it to accept shares ?

Last edited:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanaci, Crow filled me in on your Eirie some two years ago. Both he, and Hardluck both thought that you were crazy, but they both now think that you have an artistic heart. All boys, both young and old, all have a hanckering for tree houses. You have done a magnificent job. but I.m afraid even that wouldn't hold me for more than six months or so. I have an uncurable case of - whatever you may wish to call it - that has ruined me for a conventional life ,through acquiring several boxes of dime novels of Doc Savage and others. I was a loner as a kiddie and learned to use my immagination at an early age. I would be at a paradiscal retreat at a place such as yours and I would be dreaming of another lostb Tayopa to find, They say that anyone that catches this sicknes is lost for a conventional life, while at the same time they acknowledge that the stay-at-home,guy who attends to his family needs with a job that he may dislike, dreaming from of when he may retire and be free to go off on wild adverturse then finds it is too late, sigh , sigh. He is a real hero in my opinion. I take no medicines, but am handicaped from -- ah thats for another day. ( no purple heart) anyway I think you should post a few pictures of your tree houses. as I said all of the Lords children love tree hoses

I will ditto that. I would like to see those pictures as well. I will be retiring shortly, and, you are correct, it is too late for some of my wilder dreams, but I hope to still go doing some looking in my old age, for a while at least. There are some interesting possibilities in the Yuma area. However, I seem to remember that you have a family, and it seems that you were able to attend to their needs? I guess that makes you into the other kind of hero as well. And, it seems that Kanacki and Crow have managed as well, albeit that Crow just got started.....

JB

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose and JB you hard task masters.:-)

As for shares it was in part collectively encouraged by Ken Rehder as he was lead geologist and we was just faithful donkeys that drilled holes. He knew the size of the ore body.

For my tree house home. Many people thought I was crazy when first started out even locals who many of them I am eternally grateful for their help.It had humble beginnings at first just a shack on the side of a steep hill in the forest. Over 30 years it grew up between the trees as the family grew. Now its like a small village. There are 12 bedrooms all with their own bathrooms., Well to describe it is collection of Polynesian style opened walled rooms (bures ) and pavilions connected by walk ways and stairs built on the 45 degree slope of a rain forest trees that was built over a concrete Japanese bunker underneath.

Gee that is mouthful :-)

In the Japanese bunker I have a diesel generator with exhaust pumped up via a exhaust pipe and battery storage. My battery storage I got from a 1960's Oberon class submarine that was being scrapped so I was able to buy the battery units. So when my battery power gets low the automatic generator kicks in. My Diesel is gravity fed from storage tanks higher up in the bunker. They are left over WW2 Japanese fuel storage tanks.

I have water diverted via a small series of pipes fed along the Forest floor with small filtration plant then feeds into two 10000 gal rain water tanks. Excess water over flows through my ponds in which Lilly pads help cleans. My koi carp feed on mosquito lave so controls mosquito numbers. Excess waters then used to flush toilets. My sewerage is gravity fed down hill into decomposing tanks creating a recyclable biomass feeding the rain Forrest further down the hill.

I have a waterfall feature via excess water piped from stream higher up in the mountain ponds creating artificial waterfall into a series of 3 ponds. Sitting above that is the Japanese hexagon tea house and small massage pavilion. linked by a small wooden foot bridges. the tea house is access via the kitchen.

7.jpg .

The kitchen dinning room and out pavilion and lounge room and bar are linked together on one level

10.jpg

16.jpg

View attachment 1659889

Having 8 kids the key was giving them space also lounge can open out next to open covered pavilion.

Below that is swimming pool deck which two kidney shaped pools connected to a small channel between them with a dinning pavilion out in front. My bedroom is on this level.

c-1.jpg

Lower down is the kids and guest bedrooms.

6.jpg

VHVHGHHJ.jpg

Out side of my bar there is an inclinator my private little railway with 4 stops down the hill. So if I feel lazy instead of using all the stairs we just hop in that scoot down to next level on the slope.

GTTGYUYU.jpg

So there you have it a series of rooms and pavilions built on poles with thatched roofs built over the top of an old WW2 bunker. Nestle so well you can barely see it and even when you do it looks like a small native huts among the trees.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Kanacki,
I believe I mentioned 'peace and contentment' in a previous post - omg, you have a paradise right here on mother earth! Long may you and yours enjoy it!!

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Homar, I will have to disagree with you, and agree with Kanacki on this one. I have lived quite a few places in my life, and each of them had their good points and their bad points. I have lived in the desert (albeit not Texas) and have found much to like about it. In fact, I am almost finished moving to Yuma, AZ from SoCal, and I find I like it there a lot. It’s not perfect, but nowhere is, not even tropical islands (which I like greatly as well). Don’t forget about the insects (mossies (Australian for mosquitos) and others) and the hurricanes, to name just a few problems that you may find in the tropics. It’s more about attitude than anything else.

Howdy Shortfinger,

Kanacki and I have no difference of opinion. I was only making fun of where I live because it seems like the complete opposite of "as close to Heaven". My problem is that I have always been a man of few words, since most of my posts are very short. I never put all my thoughts down. I could have added that I would never trade my place for any other, as it is my heaven on earth. Since I was born, and raised here, I see the brush land as beautiful. It's kind of like a face that only a mother could love kind of deal.:laughing7:

Simon,

You may be right, I have been attacked by killer bees once, so I would rather deal with snakes anytime. As a matter of fact I dealed with snakes for many years, the most that I sold at one time was $500.00 worth when they were at $5.00 a pound. Never did buy a snake catching tool, just used a 3 foot pvc pipe with a loop, and my hand when I didn't have it with me.

Mikel,

You are always full of good ideas, but I just have four posts left to peel, and scorpions stings don't really bother me that much. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I don't use leather gloves, knowing that they are full of scorpions. As long as they don't climb up inside my pants, i'm ok. The wild hog still sounds good, but it will have to be the Pit-Master the one who does the catching. I just learned from my older son, about a month ago, that Hado, the youngest, use to kill them with a knife alone. When he was in high school, he, and other football players would go chasing wild hogs, leap on them, and kill them with a knife. I do remember him coming home several times all dirty, with torn shirts.

Homar

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Kanacki,
I believe I mentioned 'peace and contentment' in a previous post - omg, you have a paradise right here on mother earth! Long may you and yours enjoy it!!

Hello Loke

For some one banished to fringe margins of civilization I cannot complain. But I only have a little lend of that paradise for awhile until the next generation.

My 8 kids are spreading out with their own families and lives of their own over the world. However I still have few at home some times. While like all families they have had the moments. I have always fostered a can do attitude with my kids in which I hope they pass that onto their own. They are all workers that are not afraid roll their selves up. I put three through uni. 3 are mariners. Although they have had their moments like all families :-)

Paradise is what you make of it in wherever you live in world.

Kanacki

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
KANACKI, out of curiosity, are you familiar with this company ? Nautilus Minerals

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KANACKI, out of curiosity, are you familiar with this company ? Nautilus Minerals

Hello Simon

I am very familiar with the company. They have in effect have 75% of worlds rare earth minerals in mining leases and their key project is Sowara 1 in the Bismark Sea. Where they intend to mine using three robotic machines weighing up to 310 tonnes to mine copper, rare earth mineral and gold from extinct hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor.

sk-2017_04_article_main_desktop (1).jpg

nautilus-seafloor-production-equipment.jpg

sk-2017_04_article_main_desktop.jpg

Nautilus plans to then mix the ore with seawater to create a slurry, which can be drawn to the surface, stored and then put on other ships for transport. The extracted seawater is then pumped back to the seabed..Some environmentalist claim there is an element of risk

800px-Nautilus_impacts.jpg

They have taken a bit hit with shares at present. But they are caught up in present trade war. As they are a direct threat in breaking China's cartel in controlling the worlds rare earth minerals. The present crap fight is with Chinese ship builder of their support ship. The owner of the shipyard where Nautilus’ production support vessel is being built, i.e., Fujian Mawei Shipbuilding, rescinded the contract with MAC Goliath Pty Ltd, the company chosen by Nautilus to build its ships.

nautilus-minerals-tanks-on-shipbuilding-contract-cancellation.jpg

In other words they have been leaned on by Chinese government who is desperate to derail this mining project. Anglo American’s mining company a few months ago was in the process of divesting its 4%-stake in the company.However there are other companies backing the venture in Oman and various investor company others.

Like with all projects like this is high risk investment but massive returns if they pull it off and a real game changer.

Fortune seeks the brave my friends.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a very interesting venture. I saw Lockheed Martin was also interested in doing something similar. It is no wonder China is trying to derail it, if I remember correctly, China did have a massive amount of these minerals on land in their country. This new adventure stands to dwarf what China has and they are aware. I also heard that the first mining site is to be close to your neck of the woods. I hope they succeed in this operation and the paradise you enjoy stays just that...... "paradise".

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Simon

Yes exactly! That is why my island is a paradise because we have absolutely no mineral wealth. :-) I spent years working for multinational mining companies. They are a double edge sword.They can be good in some respects bad in others. The mining game is ruthless business my friends.

Most environmentalists activists today embroiled are in a eco war cult against mining and industry is the problem. They are the ones using computers laps tops tablets and mobile smart telephone made from the proceeds of mining. So for me there seems a lot of hypocrisy there.

My daughter went to Uni in California and came back with her head full of crap. All of sudden she had become vegan. She admonished the rest of family for eating meat. She said there would be more food in the world if we did not kill animals and just grew vegetables?

My reply to her was so what would do with all the livestock around the world then? She looked blankly at me. I said they would eat our crops because they would breed and want to eat? And create more methane from their digestive system that would contribute to more to global warming? And in some areas plowed crops are more prone to soil erosion than controlled grazing land? So it was better to cull animal populations to control those problems of over grazing? Thus it would be a pity to waste all that protein that humans need and evolved with? Some of which is needed to create insulin naturally needed by humans? So in effect veganism is a false ideal ecologically and nutritionally? You could imagine the expression on her face and the scene in the back ground her brothers and sisters chewing and munching away on a roast pig like batch of hungry cannibals in back ground. :-)

Kanacki

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanaci, you one of the few of the few men that I envy, not fot your money, since I know where the depository of the Jesuits with the funds for
the takeover of Nort h America from Spain is stored,and the Tayopa, estimated at $ 1,000,000,000,in the depository, Tayopa ??,but what good would that do me? but for the many other aspects of your life.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanaci, you one of the few of the few men that I envy, not fot your money, since I know where the depository of the Jesuits with the funds for
the takeover of Nort h America from Spain is stored,and the Tayopa, estimated at $ 1,000,000,000,in the depository, Tayopa ??,but what good would that do me? but for the many other aspects of your life.

Hello Don Jose

Like with everyone's lives there are times that are not so envious my friend. I have had way more failures that successes in life. Its all in bouncing back up in the days ingrained in me when I was a kid getting the crap belted out of me. Its a state of mind working and being very industrious, taking time off and enjoying sharing moments with family. The skill is being able to balance these things my friend.

Your Tayopa story is truly amazing and I take my hat off to you my friend. Some times the journey is the most important treasure of all and not the destination.

Kanacki

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kanacki. you are so right when you say the journy is sometimes, believe it r not, the most important part.you couldn't buy my memories of the search for Tayopa and others. I suppose that I'll take on a partner to finnish the depository and Tayopa It is undescribable to realize that you have solved a part of the puzzle where other's could not. Crow filled me in on the infamous trio's negotiations with Nautilis some 5 or 6 years ago, before the gag order was in effect. He designed the dust cover of the story of Tayop, a wonderfully artistic creation.,.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You its funny old world. There is sheep mentality even in academic world. They are totally fearful of stepping out on the status quo on things because of them being condemned by their peers.

Most archaeologists and historians claim there is no such things as treasure maps. They often spout Robert Louie Stevenson story of treasure island the catalyst for myth of treasure maps. While to many degrees it is correct but not totally my friends. 99% of maps are fake while there are others the real deal.

First we look at official definition

Wikipedia definition.

A treasure map is a map that marks the location of buried treasure, a lost mine, a valuable secret or a hidden locale. More common in fiction than in reality, "pirate treasure maps" are often depicted in works of fiction as hand drawn and containing arcane clues for the characters to follow.

Another dictionary website definition.

A map that marks the location of and/or describes the way to a buried treasure, a lost mine, a valuable secret or a hidden locale; more common in fiction than in reality.

Another definition

A treasure map is a map that marks the location of buried treasure, a lost mine, a valuable secret or a hidden locale. More common in fiction than in reality, "pirate treasure maps" are often depicted in works of fiction as hand drawn and containing arcane clues for the characters to follow. Regardless of the term's literary use, anything that meets the criterion of a "map" that describes the location of a "treasure" could appropriately be called a "treasure map."

What you will notice all state "more common in fiction than in reality." It does not state "all" maps are fiction. this ambiguous statement is used by all academics to poo poo all notions of treasure maps being silly stuff.

Of course any would be historian today fearful of ridicule by their peers are more incline to state the status quo implying all treasure maps are a work of fiction.

What I not like about the definitions is they often show Robert Louie Stevens fictional map as treasure map but never a real map. In effect they are guilty of bias in their explanation of definition of a treasure map.

Would you like to see real treasure maps that really led to treasure?

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread