Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Crow the magnificient brewer: Fable?? no way. Similar to the legends of tunnels running here and there in South America. for what purpose, and just how did they dig them? Where did they deposit the waste materiel?

How did they light up a tunnel that runs for many miles, certainly not with torches, since many have no signs of soot from torches, except for the the first few meters.

I have posted somewhere on the tunnels that are here in Northern Mexico, most are of normal human size construction though.

Some have speculated on a silicon disolving feature, one of which is shown quite clearly in the Inca stone work. There is no other explanation possible for the odd and intimate fittings shown. No field work of cutting or grinding could possibly produce the simultaneous different angles and fitting tolorances.

They predate Spanish mining

Explanation?

Don Jose de La Mancha

psst Crow wanna XX?? while we discuss Col Fawcet's experiences with just such a plant extract. The plant creates it's own niche in Granite and keeps expanding it, as it grows.

Last edited:

Cleveland B.

Jun 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Those curious angles and fitting tolerances are wonderful.
Whenever I look at photos of the structures built that way
they seem to me to be very flamboyant...
as if the builders were saying...

"We can playfully put these together anyway we want to."

The fact that so much of the structures have stood the test of time
proves that the engineering of gigantic, sound, lasting structures
was not an obstacle for the builders.

The curious angles always strike me as being a way to
permanently parade their engineering and artistic genius.

Explanation ? None here...

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'afternoon Clevland: yer cool limeade is ready. top post my friend. The only explanation that i can conceive of is that if somehow they were able to make the contact sufaces soft, say like putty, they could then fit them into the elegant jointings which are shown.

I once read of a bird that gathers pieces of a certain plant, puts them in a spot that they wish to make a nest, then as the rock softens, they peck out the hole ?? Crow ?????
Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: some time ago, while above Tayopa, I was inspecting a certain inaccessible zone with binoculars looking for a sign, when I spotted what appeared to be 7 bars of Gold in an inverted "V" formation, flush with the surface of the ground. Continuous checking over the next few days did not change anything, they remained 7 Gold bars under any light conditions.

So I decided to go down below to Obregon to get the required equipment to go after them. The process was carried out slowly, after all the bars, if they actually were bars , weren't going any place.

When I returned the bars had disappeared Investigation revealed that there had been a few very heavy rains since we left, so I came to the conclusion that they had been buried under new growth or muddy runoff.

The next step was to use a helicopter. We landed two men with detectors on the spot and told them to go find the bars. Since the ground was still a bit soft, they were afraid to go near the area where the bars were seen - almost a vertical drop off of a few hundred feet - so they avoided the actual spot. However the dector almost continuously sounded off no matter where they went, they couldn't stabilize it.

So they brought down a handful of the small rocks for analysis. As it turned out, the rocks contained 6 grams of free, visible, fine gold .

So, to answer the question, yes, under certain conditions a detector can be used successfully for prospecting.

NO, I never did see the bars again - but rest assured, before I am through, I will be holding one in my arms..

Don Jose de La Mancha

P.S. the '7' in an inverted "V" was one of the signs that I was looking for, but not expecting gold bars..

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Anyone out and about, especially in primitive areas should check out "penny stoves", on you tube. These are easy to make with common materials everyone has lying around and are great for the outdoors or in case of emergencies. You can view full instructions and use on you tube. They will burn any alcohol or ethanol based fuels. Denatured alcohol, gas line antifreeze(Heet), Coleman fuel or even Isoprophyl rubbing alcohol. Mine will run 20 minutes on a fill up and will boil 2 quarts of water in 5 minutes(coffee anyone). You can also cook on these stoves with a can, pot or fry pan. Good Luck and Happy hunting. rockhound

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
G'morning Crow the magnificient brewer: Fable?? no way. Similar to the legends of tunnels running here and there in South America. for what purpose, and just how did they dig them? Where did they deposit the waste materiel?

How did they light up a tunnel that runs for many miles, certainly not with torches, since many have no signs of soot from torches, except for the the first few meters.

I have posted somewhere on the tunnels that are here in Northern Mexico, most are of normal human size construction though.

Some have speculated on a silicon disolving feature, one of which is shown quite clearly in the Inca stone work. There is no other explanation possible for the odd and intimate fittings shown. No field work of cutting or grinding could possibly produce the simultaneous different angles and fitting tolorances.

They predate Spanish mining

Explanation?

Don Jose de La Mancha

psst Crow wanna XX?? while we discuss Col Fawcet's experiences with just such a plant extract. The plant creates it's own niche in Granite and keeps expanding it, as it grows.
A blind person would have no use of a light in a tunnel.:dontknow:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Que Lastima a Don Jose!! Y a Otros, Oroblanco, Crow, tb and Unicorn!! Un Buen Historicas!! Buen Suerte!! VERDE!!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Other interesting info: you can take plastic straws, hold close to the end with a pair of needlenose pliers, and burn the end. This will air and waterproof it. Then fill with whatever you want and do the same on the other end. They make a wonderful storage container for almost anything(salt, pepper,olive oil, vinegar, sugar, peroxide, seeds and especially bleach). Using a medicine dropper, put 16 drops of bleach in a straw and seal it, this will purify a gallon of water, shake and let sit for 20 minutes and it is safe to drink. You can carry many tines the amount of other containers with far less weight and space. Also use the pull tab to make a slipknot holder. Tie the small diameter(1/4'') rope to the larger hole, then thread through the larger hole and then through the smaller hole. The rough edge on the pulltab helps to hold it into place. Good for securing a tent, tarp or tying down anything that you need to. Good Luck. rockhound

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'daternoon Rock hound, yer coffee is over there---> <(_)P I use a very small brown plastic bottle with Colloidal silver for the same reason as your chloro / bleach , but it has many more functions - one drop per liter.

Don Jose de La Mancha

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yes, I do too. I make my own and have for several years, but most people won't have that on hand in an emergency, that is why I posted about the bleach. Silver kills all germs, bacteria, molds and viruses. Only use .999 or higher. During the California gold rush, miners used Mercury to capture their gold. As a result most of the rivers and streams became polluted and undrinkable. They used oak whiskey barrels as rain catchers at the corners of their cabins for drinking and cooking. They threw a silver dollar in each one to ensure its purity. When my grandfather made apple butter, he always threw a silver dollar in the pot. After removing the apple butter, he removed his coin. Although only 90% silver, that was all you could get back then. If you have the silver then by all means make or buy colloidal silver for purification of your water and yourself. Do not use metal at any time with colloidal silver as it will contaminate it. Also keep it in a dark place, just as hydrogen peroxide, which is also a great germ fighter, but you will have to get medicinal quality to use internally. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock Hound right on. you earned your coffee.. So far at the start of a sore throat or cold, I merely put 7-9 drops in a glass of water and slowly drink it over a day. no further symptoms ever appear, so it works for me. Down here it is sold in every veg. department It is very inexpensive. It is called IONIC silver, possibly even smaller than Colloidal

Don Jose de La Mancha

Ionic silver a.jpg ionic Silver b.jpg

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
That's great. In the U S, it is mostly only available to purchase from a health food store. Not many grocery or department stores sell colloidal silver or ionic silver. This inconvenience is what made me starting to make my own. Also I know the purity of mine, and don't have to rely on someone else to make it for me. Also I use Oregano Oil, it is almost as powerful, and honey and lemon for a cold. Good Luck. rockhound

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hola" Don Jose,

How are you "Compadrito"? Care for some "Oro" sock coffee? "Cuidado", it's a little hot. It's the first time I make it, had to tie the hole that my big toenail makes on my socks.:laughing7:

I have no story to tell at the moment, I just wanted to ask you about the large aquatic serpent you encountered one time. Since you have 9,349 posts, it would be impossible to look it up. I have better chances of finding Tayopa.

Was that encounter in fresh water? If so, could it be the serpent of Mayan legend which perhaps inhabited the "cenotes"? They didn't just pick a large snake out of the blue. Was your find in Mayan territory? It may still be around, and someone may be interested in placing a camera in that area.

Homar

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Homar: Missed your post, appol, another refill on your coffee acceptable ?

That Serpent was encountered on the Rio Fuerte in front of present Tubares, Durango, southern Chichuahua. while on the campaign trail to prove the existence of the Gloria Pan for the next step on the search for Tayopa.

All that I can say factually to you was that about 6 ft of it came out of the water . was about the dia of a small tell pole, of a greenish light colored with striated darker green markings, or the reverse and with a face very similar to a Calif, rock eel. The eye was approx 6" in diameter, smooth rounded nose.

It rose out of the water then simply submerged again, The size was from what the Indian with me reported. At first I thought this is simply a floating tree that simply hit a submerged rock and up stream section was lifted, except that it rose going with the current?

Remember, it was over in perhaps 4-5 seconds.

As I mentioned , I sent a paper on it to a notable eastern University and never received an normal courteous reply.

They may have been killed off by now.

There was one that lived near by in a deserted mine tunnel that crossed a present arroyo which flooded it. . The men in the near by village told me that they waited until it appeared then attacked it with rifles, machetes etc, but they did not kill it since ti swam back into the submerged tunnel.

However it never reappeared, so If you wish a full skeleton, bring your scuba gear.

Any questions??

Don Jose de La Mancha

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Question sir, not natives, but snake people and great serpents that can be smelled on occasion and kill cattle.The pit and area of central Rockies.Just folklore?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:I was curious if there were other accounts besides Earl Murry,s.He seemed to relish any out of the ordinary happenings out west,wondering if this tale was an explanation of phenomena or something else.His claim of a race of Indians involved with a great serpent enough to shape shift. And serpent had to be appeased.The people to be avoided.
Not a light tale.Yet fitting for a book of haint tales.:o(Earls book , Ghosts of the Old West).
Some accounts seem to suggest serpent mounds and motifs were wide spread but offer little as to why,duplication of possible appeasement by an egg about to be swallowed or other items in other areas it was still going to eat something. This site suggests fifty known around North America.http://gianthumanskeletons.blogspot.com/2011/10/50-serpent-mounds-in-north-america.html Near or in red ocre period,i,m guessing pre Mississippian due to Hopewell mound works being common.Of course this leans towards the big folks found in places.:icon_pale:http://tnephilim.blogspot.com/2012/01/giant-human-nephilim-skeletons.html

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A SET OF JUMPER CABLES... LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GIVE THIS THREAD A JUMP-START. IT'S FAR TOO VALUABLE TO LET IT SIT AND RUST.

I HAVE BEEN READING "De re METALICA" FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS. IT IS A HECK OF A BOOK, BUT IT IS ABOUT AS HARD TO READ AS A PEACH PIT IS TO PASS. HOWEVER: ONE TINY LITTLE CORNER OF A PARAGRAPH AWAKENED AN OLD MEMORY THAT IS STIRRING UP NEW THEORIES AMONGST FOLKS THAT ARE FOLLOWING ANCIENT TRAILS AND SOME SPANISH TRAILS AS WELL.

ALLOW ME TO PREFACE THIS WITH SOME BACKGROUND.

WHEN I WAS YOUNG (BIRTH TILL FOUR OR FIVE YEARS OLD), I LIVED IN WEST TEXAS, IN ODESSA AND CRANE. ALMOST ALL SECONDARY ROADS WERE DIRT BASE AND A LAYER OF CRUSHED CALICHE. WHEN WET THEY WERE VERY SLICK, WHEN DRY THEY WERE VERY DUSTY. WHEN THE ROAD NEAR OUR HOUSE WAS DRY IT WAS MY OLDER BROTHER AND MY JOB TO HOSE DOWN THE CARS AND WALKWAYS AND ANYTHING THAT WAS FLAT. THAT DUST MADE A GOOD CLAY FOR US TO SHAPE COWBOYS AND "NATIVE AMERICANS" AND OTHER TARGETS FOR OUR BB GUNS. WE WOULD PLACE THEM OUT IN THE SUN TO DRY, AND LATER THEY BECAME "COLLATERAL DAMAGE". THE SMALL ONES WOULD SHATTER AND THE BIG THICK ONES WOULD JUST CHIP AWAY.

NOW, HERE IS THE MAIN STORY...

WHEN I WAS ABOUT FIVE YEARS OLD, GIVE OR TAKE A YEAR OR SO, MY FAMILY AND AN UNCLE'S FAMILY WENT ON A TRIP TO " THE MOUNTAINS". I DON'T REALLY KNOW EXACTLY HOW LONG WE DROVE NOR DO I KNOW WHICH DIRECTION WE TRAVELED. WE DID LEAVE IN THE MORNING AND WERE AT A CABIN IN TIME TO SETTLE IN BEFORE NIGHT FALL.
THE NEXT MORNING WE ALL MOUNTED UP ON MULES AND CREATED A SMALL TRAIN OF SORTS. MY UNCLE WAS RIDING POINT AND STOPPED TO CONFER WITH THE ROCKS AND HILLSIDES ALONG THE WAY. I REMEMBER THE TRIP WAS A LONG TIME FOR A FIVE YEAR OLD TO SIT IN THE SADDLE. BUT WE FINALLY REACHED OUR MYSTERY DESTINATION WHERE MY UNCLE DISMOUNTED AND WALKED OVER TO A SMALL BLUFF.

THIS IS THE NEAT PART. THE BLUFF WAS THE SAME COLOR AS OUR TARGETS WERE. PART OF IT WAS DARKER, THICKER AND IN PLACES IT WAS CRACKED. IT HAD LETTERS AND NUMBERS OR SHAPES THAT I DID NOT UNDERSTAND, HECK, I WAS JUST LEARNING ABOUT LETTERS AND NUMBERS, SO I AM NOT A RELIABLE WITNESS AS TO WHAT WAS ON THE BLUFF.
HOWEVER; MY UNCLE SEEMED TO KNOW WHAT HE WAS LOOKING AT, HE READ WHAT EVER IT WAS AND TURNED AND WENT BACK TO HIS MULE, MUTTERING " THOSE LYING *******S." OVER AND OVER AGAIN. HE PULLED A SHOP HAMMER OUT OF HIS PACK. (NOTE THAT HE KNEW THAT HE MIGHT NEED A BIG HAMMER BEFORE WE LEFT HOME.) HE STARTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CALICHE COVERED BLUFF WALL. HIT AND MOVE A FEW INCHES AND REPEAT, AFTER A WHILE HE HIT A HOLLOW SPOT AND MADE A HOLE BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD THE HAMMER. HE GOT ALL KINDS OF GIDDY AND REPEATEDLY SAID, " I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!" HE RETURNED TO HIS PACK AND PULLED OUT A POTATO SACK. ALL OF US KIDS WERE PUT BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN, AND WERE LED BACK TO THE CABIN BY MY AUNT.

LATER THAT AFTERNOON MY DAD AND UNCLE RETURNED TO CAMP AND THE ADULTS WENT OUT TO LOOK IN THE BAG.

I NEVER LEARNED WHAT WAS IN THE BAG, BUT I DO REMEMBER STOPPING ON THE WAY HOME FOR A HUGE FAMILY BREAKFAST. THAT WAS HIGHLY UNUSUAL FOR OUR FAMILY.

I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO GET THE IDEA THAT THEY SHOULD CARRY A SHOP HAMMER TO BEAT ON BLUFFS THAT ARE COVERED WITH ANY KIND OF CLAY. ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVE BEEN FIRE HARDENED. (THAT IS WHAT MADE THE DARKER COLORS.)

I HAVE TO GUESS ABOUT WHAT MY UNCLE KNEW ABOUT THE TRAIL AND THE BLUFF. HE HAS PASSED AWAY SINCE THEN.

IF THERE WAS ANY IMPORTANT INFORMATION CONCERNING OTHER TREASURE OR MINE ON THAT WALL, IT WAS LOST TO HISTORY OVER A HALF CENTURY AGO.

I HAD SEEN BLUFFS AND ROCKS TEXTURED IN THIS SAME MANNER ON TREASURE NET BEFORE, BUT FAILED TO PUT THE IMAGES TOGETHER WITH WHAT MY UNCLE HAD DONE, UNTIL I READ THAT SMALL PART OF "De re METALICA" THAT SAID THAT THERE WERE FOLKS THAT WOULD USE CALICHE OR OTHER CLAY TO CONCEAL HIGH GRADE ORE, OR OTHER MARKERS SO THAT THEY WOULD BE THE ONLY ONE THAT KNEW THE TRUTH.

NOW, THERE ARE A FEW FOLKS THAT ARE GOING THRU THEIR OLD PHOTOS LOOKING FOR THOSE THICK CHUNKS OF CLAY THAT HAVE CURLED UP AND BROKEN LOOSE, AND LOOKING FOR MINE OPENINGS HIDDEN BY CLEVER MEN THAT TOOK THEIR SECRETS TO THE GRAVE.

HAPPY RE-HUNTING
MIKEL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread