Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
There may be one more option. If they were a cache of gold coins, you could gather a few occasionally and sell them off. It may take a few years to get all of it, but you would be assured of using it all. And as a precaution, you could tell you family where it is, in case you had an accident. You would need to be very secretive about your comings and goings to avoid suspicion from others in the area. Good Luck. rockhound

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your response makes a lot of sense!

So, at the moment you are holding off opening the mine to confirm your absolute rights to whatever you find? That is a smart move.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fascinating thread! Please keep the stories coming Don Jose and Friends. The campfire is still burning, and the coffee is far from finished. Want to hear more! About any of your adventures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bon Jour mon ami Sr T: First we must have coffee, no? I have been encouraging others to post, but sigh, how about you, my new friend? As for Tayopa, the next step will be taken next week.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bon Jour mon ami Sr T: First we must have coffee, no? I have been encouraging others to post, but sigh, how about you, my new friend? As for Tayopa, the next step will be taken next week.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Hello my friend, I left a message somewhere for you.I learned their way of marking mines.if you want me to check any photo just tell me.
Take care tom

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trucker, it was on the NY telestation. 3 hrs. You were invited to 'watch' on your computer screen, but not in person , in NY. sheesh Man that is a big ball rom. A date next year trucker?

Don jose de La Mancha

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI FOLKS....
YEAH, I'M STILL ALIVE. I CHECK IN REGULARLY BUT SELDOM HAVE A RELEVANT STORY... ORO'S STORY REMINEDED ME OF MY LAST CANOE TRIP.
AABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS AGO, GIVE OR TAKE A FEW, I WENT ON A WEEKEND FLOAT TRIP WITH A FRIEND. HE WAS A PARAMEDIC AND I WAS AN EMT, THERE WAS ANOTHER MEDIC AND HIS BROTHER GOING AS WELL. WE WERE GOING TO FLOAT AND FISH FOR "BROWNIES".
I HAD NEVER FISHED FOR BROWNIES (BROWN BASS) FROM A CANOE BEFORE SO THIS WAS GOING TO BE A LEARNING EXPERIENCE.
THERE WAS ONLY ONE RULE... YOU HAD TO CATCH SOMETHING TO EAT ON SATURDAY NIGHT OR DO WITHOUT SUPPER.

THE WEATHER WAS NICE, WARM SUNNY DAYS AND COOL NIGHTS. THE CREEK WAS RUNNING WELL AND THEY (THE OTHER THREE) WERE USED TO FISHING AND CANOEING THIS CREEK, SO I FEALT SURE THAT IT WOULD BE UNEVENTFULL AND THAT I WOULD NOT GO WITHOUT FOOD.
WE PUT THE CANOES IN AND TO MY SURPRISE MY PARTNER, RICK, DOVE INTO THE WATER NEXT TO OUR CANOE. I ASKED HIM WHY HE DID THAT (IT WAS EARLY IN THE DAY ON FRIDAY AND THE WATER WAS NOT YET WARM.) RICK SAID THAT HE WAS HOPING TO BREAK THE CURSE ON HIM BY GETTING WET BEFORE WE SET OUT.... OF COURSE I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT THE CURSE WAS.
RICK TOLD ME THAT HE HAD NEVER MADE THE FULL TRIP WITHOUT SINKING THE BOAT!!!

WE LOADED THE CANOE AND I CHECKED MY BAGS TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE TIGHTLY BOUND. I DIDN'T HAVE A WATER PROOF BAG SO I WAS NOT PREPAIRED FOR ANY SUBMERSION, BUT I HAD DOUBLE BAGGED MY STUFF IN TRASH BAGS, AND TIED MY FISHING GEAR TO THE SEAT.

RICK WAS IN THE FRONT AND I WAS IN THE BACK. I FOUND ABOUT TWENTY FEET OF SMALL ROPE TIED TO A ROCK ABOUT THE SIZE OF AN ADULT'S HEAD, THE OTHER END WAS ANCHORED TO MY SEAT. WE GOT ON OUR WAY AND, THE FORTY FOOT WIDE CREEK STARTED NARROWING AND THE SPEED TRIPPLED IN ABOUT FIVE MINUTES. IT HAD NARROWED TO THE POINT THAT RICK WAS PUSHING THE CANOE AWAY FROM THE ROCKS ON ONE SIDE AND IWAS DOING THE SAME THING ON THE OTHER.
SUDDENLY RICK YELLED "THROW OUT THE ROCK!" I STARTED BACKPADDLEING AND ASKED HIM, IN COMPLETE DISBELIEF, WHAT HE HAD SAID. HE REPEATED IT AND SAID THAT WE WERE MISSING ALL OF THE BROWNIE HOLES BEHIND THE ROCKS. I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS OUT OF HIS MIND AND HE ANSWERED AGAIN, ONLY LOUDER. I COULD NOT SEE THIS ENDING WELL.

I THREW OUT THE ROCK AND IN LESS THAN TWO SECONDS THE ROCK HIT THE ROCKY BOTTOM, THE TWENTY FEET OF ROPE WAS GONE AND MY RIGHT FOOT WAS TIGHTLY TRAPPED BETWEEN THE ROPE AND THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CANOE. BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO REACT, THE PREASURE STARTED PULLING THE BACK OF THE CANOE DOWNWARD ON THE RIGHT SIDE. I REACTED BY LEANING TO THE LEFT SIDE TO STOP THE FLOW OF WATER WHILE TRYING TO REACH MY KNIFE WHICH WAS STRAPPED TO MY BELT NEAR THE MIDDLE OF MY BACK. EACH TIME I TRIED TO TURN LOOSE WITH MY RIGHT HAND MORE WATER WOULD ENTER THE CANOE. WHILE STILL LEANING TO THE LEFT, TO KEEP THE BOAT LEVEL, I TOLD RICK "DON'T MOVE!!" HE TURNED HIS ENTIRE BODY TO THE LEFT TO ASK ME WHAT A HAD SAID AND WE TOOK ON ABOUT TEN GALLONS OF WATER AND WE BOTH REACTED BY LEANING TO THE RIGHT.
THAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT I SAW BEFORE GOING UNDER WITH THE BACK OF THE CANOE LEADING THE WAY WITH MY LEG SECURED TO THE SEAT. THE FLOW AT THAT POINT WAS SO STRONG THAT I COULDN'T GIT MY HAND PUSHIED TO MY BACK TO GET MY KNIFE AND EVERY THING THAT I DID TO ESCAPE JUST TIGHTENED THE ROPE AROND MY LEG. I STRUGGLED UNTILL I WAS OUT OF AIR AND AS MY EXHAUSTED BODY STARTED TO THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE MY END. THEN I THOUGHT "I'M WITH TWO PARA MEDICS. THEY COULD BRING ME BACK... I NOTICED A CALM FEALING COME OVER ME AS I ROLLED OVER AND WAS LOOKING UPWARD, I SAW A SHIMMERING LIGHT ABOVE ME AND A SHADOWY FIGURE INSIDE THE LIGHT AND THEN I SAW A HANDREACHING FOR ME.
I THOUGHT, THIS MUST BE THE END. THEN THE HAND GRABBED MY SHIRT AT THE NECK AND PULLED ME OUT ONTO A LARGE BOULDER AND I COULD SEE THAT IT WAS RICK'S FACE THAT I SAW AT THAT LAST SECOND OF AIR IN MY LUNGS.
THE CANOE HAD COME LOOSE AND WAS SLOWLY MOVING DOWN STREAM AND MY EXTRA CLOTHES AND SLEEPING BAG WERE ROUNDING THE NEXT BEND, BUT I WAS STILL ALIVE. WE SPENT THE NEXT FEW HOURS CATCHING UP TO OUR EQUIPMENT.
WE STOPPED FOR LUNCH ONCE WE HAD GATHERED EVERYTHING AND I FOUND THAT THE ONLY THING THAT WAS DAMAGED WAS MY BAG OF DRY CLOTHES. THE NEXT TWO NIGHTS I TRIED TO DRY THEM OVER CAMPFIRES, AND YES I DID GET TO EAT SATURDAY NIGHT... BECAUSE, WE HAD PASSED A LARGE SPRING FED STREAM WITH TROUT LIVING IN ABOUT A ONE HUNDRED YARD STRETCH OF COLD WATER. THEY WERE THE ONLY FISH THAT I CAUGHT IN TWO DAYS.
STILL IN WET CLOTHES I HAD SUNDAY LUNCH AT BURGER KING ON THE WAY HOME. I DIDN'T CARE WHAT THE OTHER FOLKS THOUGHT ABOUT MY WET CLOTHES.

WELL I KNOW THAT I AM WELL MEDICATED TODAY AND I HOPE THAT THIS STORY MAKES SENSE TO YOU FOLKS.
IT'S MAST MY NAP TIME SO I DOUBT IF I CAN FIND MY OWN ERRORS.

HAPPY HUNTING TO MY FRIENDS AND TO THOSE THAT DON'T YET KNOW ME, AS WELL.

GOD BLESS.

MIKEL

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD MORNING, DON JOSE AND WEEKENDER.
I HAVE MY COFFEE AT HAND.... AND THAT WEEKEND WAS ON CROOKED CREEK, NEAR HARRISON.
I DON'T REMEMBER WHO MADE THE COFFEE THAT WEEKEND BUT I WISH THEY WOULD HAVE USED MY DAMP, BUT CLEAN, SOCK.
THEIR COFFEE WAS AS SCARY AS THAT TRIP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CREEK.
IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK HERE AND ESPECIALY WITH THE "WELCOME TO THE FIRE". IT'S A LITTLE COOL THIS MORNING.
I'LL BE CHECKING IN, AND TRYING TO REMEMBER MORE STORIES TO POST.
BY THE WAY I THINK I HAVE MAYBE, POSSIBLY,FOUND A LONG SHOT ANSWER TO THE BLUFF SIGNS... THEY ARE ENGRAVED
ON A NAVIGATIONAL TOOL CREATED IN THE EARLY 17th CENTURY BY GALILEO. IT IS IN THE GALILEO MUSEUM IN ITALY.
THEY APPEAR AS NUMBERS... MATH SIGNS. TO MATCH A TRIANGLE. IF I'M RIGHT. Z+3= SUM OF ALL.
I'M EAGER TO GET BACK UP THERE.

YOU FOLKS HAVE A GREAT DAY.
GOD BLESS

MIKEL
:coffee2::coffee2:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sheesh too quiet so I'll repost a little thing that I discussed before. This is in reference to the recent discovery of extremely old cave drawings being investigated in Mexico.

Don Jose de La Mancha

HIO : Coffee first? Tis fantastic, but frankly I know where a few others are that may be old also . One is between Sonora and Chhuahua up on the ridge of the mt chain that divides them.

It is a large shallow cave, almost a cliff, but incurving. On it are the drawings of the foot prints of every animal bird etc. in natural size usng a form of reddish iron oxide..I have no idea how they painted the high upper ones, pehaps 20 ft up.

The ones that gave me pause were human foot prints perhaps 18 - 20 " long,and similar length three toed ones with a thumb, a high arc and heel.

This is where I first had contact with the 12 ft., Red haired Giants. I have notified Mexico City, but I suspect that I know where my little paper ended up, along with the empty cigarette packages, chewing gum wrappers, etc.

This ole world is loaded with many interesting surprises, like that 80 ft aquatic serpent that I found myself swimming nude with while on the trail of the lost Gloria Pan mine- never swam with out skivies after that. Might end up like a certain garbage skow skipper in the VI with a sorprano voice..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I had heard of a cave in Venezuela that had entombed red haired giants, but not in Mexico. Maybe they were more prevalent and widespread than originally thought. Perhaps they were in all of the Americas. The one in Venezuela is said to house a library of strange quartz crystal discs, thought to contain their records and possibly information on subjects we don't really understand. Some seem to think these may be some of the remnants of Atlantis who survived the great cataclysm. Possibly a few had enough warning to escape in their boats and land on other shores. rockhound

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent post rock, join us for the coffee. The information that I had in the 50's was that the last one in this area was killed in the late 1800's, or early 1900's near Chinapas, Chihuahua, Mexico. When I asked my informant why, he merely shrugged and said that it had seemed like a good idea to his father.

However, just to the North East of Alamos, where I live, there is a hill called La Campana? The bell shapped hill. its about one days ride by mule from Los Camotes, again a 2 hr trip by truck. It has many caves, and the Giants apparantly used them for burial.

The School teacher of the village of Los Camotes, notified me that he had a skull and femur of one or the giants, and invited me to come study it, and take photograps.

However, before business allowed it, he was transfeed to another district taking the remains with him.

He said that the skull was about twice as hign as a normal human's, and the femur also.

Let that be a lesson, sniff. Some day I will have to organize a trip there to examine the area thoroughly.

They apparently were of the standard red haired giants, 9 - 12 ft high,

Up at Tayopa, my friend Rogelio, that died on the last trip, also told me that he had found a sealed cave, which he opened, hoping for a treasure. He only found the bodies of two of the red haired giants wrapped in Matapes, woven cane mats. One was a female.

He was so disappointed that he just grabbed them and threw them down the cliff into the barranca below.

I told him to go get whatever remained of them, and bring them to me.

He searched for two days but never found the slightest trace of either, so assumed that either animals or one of the storms had washed them away.

I told him later, that "yes, you did find a treasure, but you threw it away.:dontknow:

This is still on my list of "to do projects," but the Tayopa project is first. We are progressing nicely on that, but still no permits for the actual Tayopa, just periferal projects.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent post rock, join us for the coffee. The information that I had in the 50's was that the last one in this area was killed in the late 1800's, or early 1900's near Chinapas, Chihuahua, Mexico. When I asked my informant why, he merely shrugged and said that it had seemed like a good idea to his father.

However, just to the North East of Alamos, where I live, there is a hill called La Campana? The bell shapped hill. its about one days ride by mule from Los Camotes, again a 2 hr trip by truck. It has many caves, and the Giants apparantly used them for burial.

The School teacher of the village of Los Camotes, notified me that he had a skull and femur of one or the giants, and invited me to come study it, and take photograps.

However, before business allowed it, he was transfeed to another district taking the remains with him.

He said that the skull was about twice as hign as a normal human's, and the femur also.

Let that be a lesson, sniff. Some day I will have to organize a trip there to examine the area thoroughly.

They apparently were of the standard red haired giants, 9 - 12 ft high,

Up at Tayopa, my friend Rogelio, that died on the last trip, also told me that he had found a sealed cave, which he opened, hoping for a treasure. He only found the bodies of two of the red haired giants wrapped in Matapes, woven cane mats. One was a female.

He was so disappointed that he just grabbed them and threw them down the cliff into the barranca below.

I told him to go get whatever remained of them, and bring them to me.

He searched for two days but never found the slightest trace of either, so assumed that either animals or one of the storms had washed them away.

I told him later, that "yes, you did find a treasure, but you threw it away.:dontknow:

This is still on my list of "to do projects," but the Tayopa project is first. We are progressing nicely on that, but still no permits for the actual Tayopa, just periferal projects.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Ill take a cup of coffee and leave you something to think about.as you stated about the giants I believe there was mining done in Arizona all the way back to the 1500's and maybe earlier.this would also include Mexico.
I am able to look into the distant mountains and can locate at least 50 mine markings.some of the markings are at least three story's high.for all these mines still sealed and undetected there would be at least 1000 workers.only the church could answer this.whyare these mines still hidden.who helped the church work these mines.I have proof that the church was in the mountains with the workers.not one of the many workers left information or led others to treasures.were the workers Indians? The church now says there are others in the universe that are children of the lord.what manuscripts were the jesuits burning in the last days of the expellsion,who were the workers?
Take care my good friend
Tom-cream and sugar for me please

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

I ran across this tonight and decided to post it again......for our many newcomers:

Real de Tayopa

Tayopa lay resting behind the veil, It's legend grew to quite a tale.

Searchers came from far and wide, but the Jesuit treasure continued to hide.

Jose appeared from out of the mist, his mind held the map that could not miss.

For years he fought to make it his prize, but it stood protected by thousands of lies.

The door creaks loudly as he pushes it back, he peers inside and his smile cracks,

The bones of the padres are piled inside, they crumble to dust as if trying to hide.

Jose is in awe as he gazes at their treasure, the souls of the natives too many to measure.

The Jesuits had mined this land too well, their leaving had opened the gateway to hell.

He steps back in fear and closes the door, leaving Tayopa and its souls, to return no more.

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread