Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Señor Crow, bienvenidos. You do need to pay attention to both your ocean princess and little pirate in training…..
Perhaps the winds of fate shall direct you to SA…..
Enjoy my friend, vaya con Dios.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Señor Crow, bienvenidos. You do need to pay attention to both your ocean princess and little pirate in training…..
Perhaps the winds of fate shall direct you to SA…..
Enjoy my friend, vaya con Dios.

Ya never know where I might turn up. These days I can only see positive ventures ahead and a fair wind to sail by. The results of long years of hard grinding work and some long hard lessons learned. Rest assured my friend I have not forgotten the Lessons.

Crow

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE SHORTAGE OF YARNS MAY BRING ABOUT A PRICE HIKE...[ MORE COFFEE PER YARN ]

I AM WORKING ON THE PROBLEM NOW.... I AM BUILDING A SPINNING WHEEL AND HAVE STARTED COLLECTING AND SAVING BELLYBUTTON LINT.

I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD YARN IN ABOUT FIFTEEN YEARS OR SO...
#/;0)~

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said old age and B.S, was dead, have some:coffee2:and start knitting ,np:cat:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Who said old age and B.S, was dead, have some:coffee2:and start knitting ,np:cat:

Not Peralta

Have heard the yarn about Old Rooster and the Young Rooster?

The Young Rooster came into Hen House and said to the old Rooster Get lost old man, Its my turn I am younger fitter and stronger.

The old rooster said indeed you are right scratching chin. But lets be sporting about this? I challenge you to race around the farm house 3 times. Okay laughed the Young Rooster your history.

The roosters set off running and of course the young rooster passed the old rooster with glee saying give up on man.

As the young rooster began to catch up on a second lap over the old rooster near the front door the old rooster began to squawk loudly.

The farmer sprang out of the front door with his shotgun and blew the head off the young rooster and said Darn that's the third gay rooster I have had to shoot this week.

The moral is Old Age and Treachery will beat Youth and Vitality any day. :laughing7: :occasion14:

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahh yes Señor Crow…….and this yarn, while amusing, speaks to the truth that while we may suffer some limitations and traumas from our collective graceful aging……what we have gained in wisdom, knowledge and experience will more than compensate for us as we move forward in our modern day adventures….

And it seems to me while the big stores that occupy these pages are interesting……there are many more opportunities in local, smaller stories that await us……

Vaya con Dios, viva Christo Rey mis amigos

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh yes Señor Crow…….and this yarn, while amusing, speaks to the truth that while we may suffer some limitations and traumas from our collective graceful aging……what we have gained in wisdom, knowledge and experience will more than compensate for us as we move forward in our modern day adventures….

And it seems to me while the big stores that occupy these pages are interesting……there are many more opportunities in local, smaller stories that await us……

Vaya con Dios, viva Christo Rey mis amigos

Exactly.

Crow

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Señor Crow-
Did you (and Kanacki) make it safely through the cyclone? As I recall, isn't that roughly the same area you guys are in?
Either way, hope you and yours are doing well and staying dry!

All the best-
J.A.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Señor Crow-
Did you (and Kanacki) make it safely through the cyclone? As I recall, isn't that roughly the same area you guys are in?
Either way, hope you and yours are doing well and staying dry!

All the best-
J.A.

I am with my better half and little pirate at home in Crows nest.. Kanacki is at sea, He sailed south East unfortunately he has sailed in to path of hurricane Pam about 1000 miles across in size which has gone directly south. It has winds of 126 miles per hour. Kanacki would be North east some where of Norfolk island. By Kanacki would have change course due North most likely experiencing heavy weather and winds push him north. He might push for new Caledonia.

She is a stout ship made for cold Atlantic storms with 5 bulkheads. She has sailed the southern Oceans around Cape Horn more than once. Last year we sailed through or around 4 Typhoons.

Crow

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Good to hear everyone's doing well. Looking forward to the next yarn!

All the best-
J.A.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear everyone's doing well. Looking forward to the next yarn!

All the best-
J.A.

Got word from Kanacki both cyclones looked to have puffed themselves out. Vanuatu got hit really bad. Kanacki has diverted the "Drumbeat" to New Caledonia to pick up aid supplies. The Drumbeat has a water desalination plant enough to help reestablish water supply in water tanks affected by salt water in small village in the outer islands. 10000 homes destroyed in Vanuatu and the small island nation is out for the count.

Crow

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morning Crow: I was worried if Kanacki had managed to get to open water before it hit.

3-8be9b83b8f3c4c75898528333f14b9de-preview.jpg
[h=1]Cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu struggles to determine scale of damage, deaths as aid starts flowing[/h] In this March 14, 2015, photo provided by World Vision debris is strewn around a lone tree in Port Vila, Vanuatu, after Cyclone Pamripped through the tiny South Pacific archipelago. Packing winds of 270 kilometers (168 miles) per hour, Cyclone Pam tore through Vanuatu early Saturday, leaving a trail of destruction. (AP Photo/World Vision) EDITORIAL USE ONLY, NO SALES

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Crow-
What an incredible thing for kanacki to do, utilizing his boat to help out the villagers! I've never met him but can already tell he's a good & decent individual. Cheers to you both!

Don Jose-
Any update on Tayopa.....the lost treasure/mine that is, not the book (though I'm looking forward to that as well!)? When should we expect to see you in the news, from head to toe completely drenched in gold and jewels, pumping your fist in triumphant celebration? Any ideas as to a realistic timeframe for opening it up? Just curious.

Thank you in advance.
All the best-
J.A.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi J.A.A At the present we have two crews working up there. Time for success, open. One on the main deposit, the other on the actual portal. I am supposed to be running both operations, but I am the last to know of any developments.

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
DJ-
Good to hear things are moving forward and making progress.

All the best to you-
J.A.

P.S. When you get close to putting the finishing touches on your book, let me know so I can send a SASE your way and get my copy (signed of course!)!
Salud!

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
morning Crow: I was worried if Kanacki had managed to get to open water before it hit.

3-8be9b83b8f3c4c75898528333f14b9de-preview.jpg
Cyclone-ravaged Vanuatu struggles to determine scale of damage, deaths as aid starts flowing

In this March 14, 2015, photo provided by World Vision debris is strewn around a lone tree in Port Vila, Vanuatu, after Cyclone Pamripped through the tiny South Pacific archipelago. Packing winds of 270 kilometers (168 miles) per hour, Cyclone Pam tore through Vanuatu early Saturday, leaving a trail of destruction. (AP Photo/World Vision) EDITORIAL USE ONLY, NO SALES

Hello Don amigo.

Old kanacki threaded the Drumbeat through the out edges of it. He has offered he services of him as his 14 crew and are bringing releif supplies to the outer islands via New Caledonia. The drumbeat may be an old Baltic trader design but she can still stock a far amount of supplies when needed. Most of the places she will head for is remote outer islands that may not see relief for weeks as the main efforts are in the towns a cities, get airports and ports operating again.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread