Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Coazon…….the threats to Senor Cuervo come from the dangerous duo, las senoritas JudyH y Mastiff…….there is no controlling them…..
It is best for our beloved black bird to resume posting……
Vaya con Dios

Hola Doc-d

That old scallywag of blackbird is working for change with Hardluck. They are busy in negotiations except for break this weekend for the wedding. Then they will be back in negotiations. Such is life when on back end of a discovery. As for me I have been left holding the fort so to speak. As we have many business interests.

Kanacki

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF ONLY MY FLESH AND BONE FAMILY WAS AS SUPPORTIVE AS THIS FAMILY IS... WELL, SIGH...

I HAVE ONE YOUNG MAN THAT WANTS TO LEARN, I'VE HAD ABOUT FIVE POUNDS OF CONCENTRATES IN MY LIVING ROOM, JUST WAITING TO BE WORKED DOWN. JESSIE IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. HE IS LEARNING TO PLAY THE BANJO... NEXT GENERATION HAS NOT WORKED OUT AS WELL AS I HAD HOPED.

AS FOR SMART PHONES AND HIGH TECH... I THINK EINSTEIN SAID IT BEST, WHEN SPEAKING OF TECHNOLOGY. HE SAID THAT SOMEDAY TECHNOLOGY WILL SURPASS KNOWLEDGE AND WE WILL HAVE RAISED A GENERATION OF IDIOTS. (LOL)
WE NEED TO TAKE THEIR CELL PHONES AND TRADE THEM IN FOR SHOVELS AND PICKS, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I REMEMBER WHEN I COULD READ MY OWN HANDWRITING. IF NOT FOR MY LAP TOP I WOULD NOT HAVE EVER STARTED TRYING TO WRITE A BOOK. SO I GUESS THAT INVALIDATES MY OPINION.... I GUESS THAT, IF DIMES WERE MADE OF POOP, MY OPINION WOULDN'T BE WORTH TWO CENTS.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, YOU FOLKS INSPIRE ME.

IF YOU KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE LONG ENOUGH, YOU'LL HAVE NOTHING TO HOLD YOUR GLASSES.

MORE MEDICATED MADNESS LATER.
#/80)~

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that were left hanging, no, Joe was not killed -- how else could I finish the Tayopa story ?

Knacker, convince the boys to do a Hake dance at Amy's wedding.

Hola Don Jose.

I do not think Amy would appreciate the unholy trio doing a traditional Maori war dance at wedding. Exhilaration never the less.

KANACKI

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF ONLY MY FLESH AND BONE FAMILY WAS AS SUPPORTIVE AS THIS FAMILY IS... WELL, SIGH...

I HAVE ONE YOUNG MAN THAT WANTS TO LEARN, I'VE HAD ABOUT FIVE POUNDS OF CONCENTRATES IN MY LIVING ROOM, JUST WAITING TO BE WORKED DOWN. JESSIE IS NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW. HE IS LEARNING TO PLAY THE BANJO... NEXT GENERATION HAS NOT WORKED OUT AS WELL AS I HAD HOPED.

AS FOR SMART PHONES AND HIGH TECH... I THINK EINSTEIN SAID IT BEST, WHEN SPEAKING OF TECHNOLOGY. HE SAID THAT SOMEDAY TECHNOLOGY WILL SURPASS KNOWLEDGE AND WE WILL HAVE RAISED A GENERATION OF IDIOTS. (LOL)
WE NEED TO TAKE THEIR CELL PHONES AND TRADE THEM IN FOR SHOVELS AND PICKS, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

I REMEMBER WHEN I COULD READ MY OWN HANDWRITING. IF NOT FOR MY LAP TOP I WOULD NOT HAVE EVER STARTED TRYING TO WRITE A BOOK. SO I GUESS THAT INVALIDATES MY OPINION.... I GUESS THAT, IF DIMES WERE MADE OF POOP, MY OPINION WOULDN'T BE WORTH TWO CENTS.

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH, YOU FOLKS INSPIRE ME.

IF YOU KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE GRINDSTONE LONG ENOUGH, YOU'LL HAVE NOTHING TO HOLD YOUR GLASSES.

MORE MEDICATED MADNESS LATER.
#/80)~

Well now - I have a friend who claims that intelligence is a universal constant - and as we are getting more and more populous ... (*chuckles* you can figure out the rest for yourselves ...)

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Loke, well said:

I am always amused when I take my 20 yo step sons phone away when we eat with him…….he is lost and uncomfortable…..and this is for only 20 minutes or so…..pathetic is the word that comes to mind……….as for us, we still have time and are capable as long as we are living…….age only changes our approach…….and that is not necessarily a bad thing.
Vaya con Dios
Viva Christo Rey

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT WISDOM, IS THE PROBLEM.
I DON'T REMEMBER WHO TOLD ME THIS, BUT I'LL REPEAT IT ANYWAY.

KNOWLEDGE IS KNOWING THAT A TOMATO IS A FRUIT, NOT A VEGETABLE.
WISDOM, IS KNOWING, NOT TO PUT IT IN A FRUIT SALAD.

I MIGHT ADD THAT STICKING A STRAW IN A BOTTLE OF CATCHUP DOESN'T MAKE IT A "SMOOTHIE".

#/;0)~
8-)

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacker, to ward off the evil spirits that attack marriage of course. :laughing7:

Would love to have one in the New Guinea highlands when you stood off the native war party.
, but that of course, is impossible.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacker, to ward off the evil spirits that attack marriage of course. :laughing7:

Would love to have one in the New Guinea highlands when you stood off the native war party.
, but that of course, is impossible.

Our huka version, We probably looked cross between the village people and the three amigos but it did the trick. Bluff by strange intimidation can some times get you out of trouble.

Kanacki

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes kanacker, that has saved me to bug you all on the net.

I remember once when I was accosted by another bandit gang, One young buck insisted in pushing the issue to the point where ha rammed his mule against mine rather violently, a very improper thing in the back country, a thing that has led to machete fights, as well as fire fights.,

But Instead of acting insulted which was expected,, I merely treated it las if it was a childish joke instead of reaching for my pistol and hoping the rest of the gang would consider it a personal honor thing and stay out of it

I merely smiled tolerantly, as you would a small child in his own home, .but remained on high alert.

With no backing from the gang and my obvious readiness, he quickly lost courage. So a fire fight was avoided simply because of a tolorant smile - i had no doubt if it had progressed to the old style western thingie that I could easily beat him

p.s. I can still draw and hit a man sized target in 3/5 th of a second to 25 meters. I started this venture fully reailzing that I would probably receive no help if such a situation arose,, that I was on my own.

I spent over 200,000 rounds of .357 and two years preparing for this initial trip, but expected it to be in Brasil instead of Mexico.

"The oft laid plans of en and mice often go astray."

Stlll think that the unholy trio should do a haka for Amy to help her marriage get off to a good start.

Last edited:

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose. Amy was married today she looked even more beautiful in her wedding finery. They made a handsome couple, such is way of the world.

And such is curse of tropical tramps always wondering what could of been. Even if his one true love will always be fortune and glory. His mistress will always is horizon and no one knows what tomorrow brings?

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of horizons did you every get to visit the north of Malaita in the Solomons islands?

Kanacki

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, true my friend Kanacki. it is at times a lonely quest and at times one wonders if it is worth it. Then in a short while decides that it is worth every bit of it. There are times when I look back and realize that I would be far richer in monetary values than I am now - which is effectively none - but without the memories. -
'
(Damn scorpion tagged me 'again' on the left foot early this morning. If he does it again he will only be a memory. I have pulled the sheets and blankets and washed them, only about a week to go anyway for their monthly cleaning - he he he ).

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Kanacki-
Please wish Amy (and her new hubby) health, happiness, and prosperity (treasure?) from everyone here at TNet! Let her know that her stories & yarns have been sincerely missed since she left to begin the next chapter of what I imagine is an incredible life.

All the best
J.A.

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real Amigo, a very good cure that really works on scorpions ,snakes and other critters, in the house or around your camp is moth balls scattered around, do this and youll relax more for your :coffee2: np:cat:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HATE SCORPIONS!!!! I HAVE BEEN HIT ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FOOT. IN LESS THAN A SECOND MY LEG FELT LIKE IT WAS ON FIRE.

MOTHBALLS SHOT FROM A SLING-SHOT UNDER AND AROUND THE HOUSE AND INTO THE WOODS.... EVEN THE MOSQUITOES WILL FLEE. AS WOULD I.

I HAD A FAMILY OF SKUNKS LIVING UNDER MY HOUSE, SEVERAL YEARS AGO, SO I WENT OUT IN THE EVENING AFTER THEY WERE ALL OUT TERRORIZING THE NEIGHBORHOOD, AND BURIED THREE MOTHBALLS IN THE DIRT UNDER THE HOLE THAT THEY WERE USING. I WAS UP EARLY THE NEXT MORNING AS THEY RETURNED. THE ADULT SKUNK STARTED TO DIG OUT THE DIRT THAT I HAD BUILT UP TO COVER THEIR DOOR, AND LEFT AFTER THE FIRST SNIFF OF THE DIRT, NEVER TO RETURN.

BETTER LIVING THRU MODERN CHEMISTRY.

#/;0)~

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This lil crittr lives under my bed which is a depository of misc computer and scanner parts. Some have been there since Methuselah was only 20 years old. But yes, I guess that I will have to hunt him down, since I prefer to not have a fifth sting. I guarantee it is not the best way to wake up.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DON JOSE,
YOU ARE RIGHT, THAT IS NOT THE BEST WAY TO WAKE UP, BUT IT IS SURE IN THE RUNNING FOR ONE OF THE MOST EFFECTIVE.

I REMEMBER LIVING IN WEST TEXAS WHEN I WAS A KID. MY GRANDMOTHER SET A GLASS OF TEA IN FRONT OF ME AT LUNCH, AND AS I REACHED FOR IT, SHE SLAPPED IT OFF OF THE TABLE BEFORE I COULD REACH IT. AS THE GLASS SPUN ACROSS THE FLOOR SHE CHASED IT DOWN STOMPING AT, WHAT I THOUGHT WAS ICE CUBES, BUT SHE HAD SEEN A SCORPION TRAPPED UNDER THE ICE. SHE DIDN'T STOP STOMPING TIL SHE GOT HIM. SCARED THE TAR OUT OF ME.

I GUESS THAT IT SCARED HER MORE. SHE WAS PRAYIN' WHILE CHASIN' IT DOWN, AND THANKIN' THE LORD FOR MAKING HER SEE IT BEFORE I GOT IT IN MY MOUTH.

YEAH, I HATE SCORPIONS!!!
:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
#/;0)~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread