Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2009
    Rockingham County, NC
    E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

GPS In Detector

I was curious about having a GPS inside or attached to my E-Trac In case if it was ever stolen..I know some cell phones have them because I have read stories of the police recovering stolen and lost phones using the Gps..
    Does anybody have any Ideas?..Is this even possible? Would it cause problems with the electrical on the detector? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
    Scott
    " He who says he can, and he who says he cant, are both right"

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1927 times

Re: GPS In Detector

Scott this is an excellent idea with the price of these $$$ units going through the roof. I don't know if the GPS signal would interfer with the coil's field, but it would seem it would just as some cell phones do with hunters that don't turn them off.

http://detectorstuff.com/2009/08/05/...-dave-johnson/
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Aug 2011
    Durham, NC
    MXT w/Mods, coils: 9.5", 10"DD, 5.3", 3"x20" Big Dawg Coil.
    2 times
    Relic Hunting

They have devices like this for briefcases, pets and people. Search on 'pet finder', 'people finder' or GPS tracking.
    John in NC - Durham,NC
    MXT w/Tone/Sens/Gain/Backlight Mods, and coils: 9.5" Stock, 10"DD, 5.3"DD, 3" x 20" Big Dawg Coil http://bigdawgcoil.com/

mx
    Nov 2011
    Mexico
    Minelab E Trac, Garret 250 + 2 Coils And Garret Propointer

i think GPS receiver may not cause interference with MD, but other side almost GPS trackers has inside GSM module (used for auto-reporting), and that must be tested to check any interference, even tought using different channel of Etrac can minimize around RF signals, it can work i think... the only issue is the tracker size..

us
    Feb 2012

I was just saying if I had a deus xp or an etrac I'd be packin my Springfield XDm 9mm.

Sponsors