extending coil wire to use in 6 ft deep pond

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to extend the coil wire on a BH fasttracker to go about 2 feet deeper than what it will now reach in a pond or fresh water creek. Could someone skilled at sodering wires do this for me, just splice in the needed length, then case that splice in resin or something? I don't mind losing a little sensevity, I'm not looking for small items like coins,

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You could splice, solder and shield the connections and waterproof it all and if not too long, not lose any sensitivity. I would get the same type of wire cable, and have heatshrink tubing on each wire to be soldered. Then shield each with mylar, and heatshrink the whole connection and cover with rubber dip that you use for dipping plier handles in. Do it way up the cable, so nothing gets in. Dont go too long or you will have a problem with resistance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread