To grease or not to

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not the,same for what ur describing id use the dielectric Grease on the electrical connectors,& a divers grease on parts orings,that need lube for prevention of water. Silicone Grease its good for moving parts it does have a water repellant in it id use that on mayb moving parts coil bolts,stuff like that

OP
OP
kierjo

kierjo

Greenie
Aug 22, 2013
Thanks Chris. Yes i ment for my headphones and coils connectors on my at pro. Some say dielectric some say silicone grease!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chris. Yes i ment for my headphones and coils connectors on my at pro. Some say dielectric some say silicone grease!!

Well then in my opinión If electrical id go with the delectric Grease wont heat up like other grease, & does have the properties to keep the plastic itself lubed,corrosión/water out

Madmans Legend

Feb 24, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Surfmaster II, Whites TM808, Whites Amphibian 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Garrett Infinium LS, Minelab Exterra 705, Minelab CTX 3030
For O ring seals you should only use an non petroleum based grease as petroleum based anything will start the breakdown process on you O ring and before you know it it will start leaking in water. It varies with thickness of O ring but usually takes around 3 months to break down the surface of the O ring!! Silicone Grease is your best bet.

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
This is what Minelabs uses on there repairs then reassembly on the O-rings

Dow Corning 111 / Molykote

Then I use the Dow Corning 7 on the cables, which number 7 is the same as the 111 but thinner
I use the syringes to apply to tight areas.

You can get a large tube off of ebay for about 18 dollars. Will last you a life time.

OBN0078.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions