Detector meters

R

rvbvetter

I have 2 detectors with meters and 1 without. Meters are nice to have for the extra info.it gives, assuming it's accurate. But are not a necessity. My 1 detector without is on par with the others. I find just as much. Some people just feel better with more input. I would say if coin range doesn't sound off then the discrimination is set or programed to high or the detector is broken. Hope this helps HH

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thanks, because I thought either ground bal. might be off when moving to other soil cond. or that it was actually picking up a coin that was too deep for a tone to sound off.

R

rvbvetter

Now i'm no tech head, but the part about too deep to sound off but the meter picks it up maybe a possibility. I would suggest calling or seeing a local dealer, or better yet call the company that makes your detector. Good luck

J

Jim Cal

I like having a meter as an indication of what the target is but don't rely on just that. I also listen to the tone and the size of the area over which I am getting a response. I would guess if you get a meter reading and the detector doesn't sound you have either found something interesting or it is ferrous metal and the detector is setup so the sound is driven toward the null range. Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread