MineLab GPX 5000 Coil Mode

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is what John Porter told me. "I would not recommend using a DD coil in the Mono Coil/Rx mode with the Iron Reject option, it might seem like it works but there is a very REAL chance you'll leave good targets in the ground. Best bet is to revert back to the DD Coil/Rx mode and then check the target with the Iron Reject option (Try setting up a custom Search mode with Iron Reject already pre-selected to facilitate going from one Coil/Rx method to another)."

Double D coils can be run as Mono, but if you want to check how much stronger that signal is in mono flip the Coil/ RX button to Mono. The left side of the coil will be hot and see the target. Mono always runs deeper.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
B

brianboru

Apr 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I know the iron reject function will not work in mono. What I am curious about is whether or not a DD coil running in mono is as sensitive as a straight mono coil.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. You'll always get better depth/sensitivity running a Mono coil. :occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread