Digital cameras CAN see buried gold - Page 23
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Like Tree518Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Hardscrabble

Re: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

tenclaw...

I looked at the pic on #336. It appears to me to be more of an orb. To me, the other pic looks like a flash or bulbous streak of self illuminated green. It caught my attention since it seems to be in scale. In other words, actually in the distance - though that could just be a mistake of the eye.

On #336... I've seen many, many orbs of all sizes, colors, textures, etc. in paranormal photographs. I've taken dozens of them myself. Most are dust, water droplets, bugs, etc. caught by the flash within the focal length of the camera (but a lot of folks out there think all orbs are spirits, etc.).

Apr 2006
    Los Angeles
    Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
    56 times

Hardscrabble,
    No I didn't have the picture analyzed by anyone but you guys. I wouldn't know who
    to go to for analysis and expect there would be a bunch of opinions pro and con from
    experts also. I make no claim of any sort, though I have shot lots of photos with SX-70
    polaroids hoping to come up with something. SX-70 pictures will frequently show streaks
    or orbs if the roller are dirty or have dried developing paste on them which happens a lot.
    I have taken lots of pictures with the SX-70 over mines and know micron deposits and
    have never gotten anything that you could take to the bank. I have also taken lots of
    pictures with Kodak infrared film (color and black and white) and haven't seen anything
    of use there either, though I have seen Infrared pictures taken by others showing blue
    or purple haze over supposed gold deposits. I wasn't able to personally verify any of
    those locations. If it works at all, I believe it sometimes shows up, but not always, that
    is maybe why results are inconclusive.
    This green flash was totally surprising to me as I wasn't expecting anything, I was just
    documenting where I was.
    Keep searching, Rich

c

us
    Apr 2010
    2 times

WHY NOT USE A I/R SECURITY CAMERA ? I HAVE ONE THAT WAS MADE INTO A PORTABLE 12 VOLT SYSTEM !! I WILL SEE IF IT WORKS !! IT IS MADE TO SEE I/R ONLY AND SHOULD WORK BETTER IF THAT IS WHAT IS GOING ON !!!

Apr 2006
    Los Angeles
    Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
    56 times

Hi Audioswamp,
    As far as using a specialized IR camera, if you use an IR video camera check
    and see what part of the spectrum it is picking up. Most cameras will pick up
    from 400 nanometers to around 700 nanometers. Below 400 nanometers glass
    blocks the spectrum and above 700 nanometers film is not sensitive. In a digital
    camera there are filters to block the infrared besides it being much dimmer in
    light output. If you use a R72 filter on a digital camera and up the exposure,
    you will block out the spectrum from 400-720 nanometers and esentially have
    an infrared only camera like your video camera. Incidentally Kodak Infrared film
    is sensitive to visible light plus infrared from 700 to 900 nanometers. Also,
    according to Kodak, 700-900 nanometers won't show heat, you need to go
    much further into the spectrum and have a cooled camera or the whole camera
    will make the whole image glow. I think the advantage to a IR video camera
    is that it probably is more sensitive and maybe the contrast is different also.
    Let us know what you find out.
    Rich

us
    metal detector

Sep 2010
    Denver,CO
    xterra 705 by minelab
    5 times
    Prospecting

if this was covered before forgive me.

what are the thermal properties of gold. Is there a way to light up gold with radiation say at night and would the gold absorb that radiation and hold it better than the ground around it ? One could use thermal imaging and see the results and hopefully see the precious metals and other valuable in the ground.

Apr 2006
    Los Angeles
    56 times

HI Gold_Striker
    I believe all metals would pick up the surrounding ground temperature at
    different rates and cool at different rates. Therefore I believe with a thermal
    imaging camera you may see buried metals as the ground is heating or cooling
    depending on how deep they are buried. But I also believe in that part of the
    IR spectrum your imaging camera would be pretty expensive. In other words,
    a common digital camera wouldn't pick up that far into the IR. I also believe
    that some other factor is responsible for the occasional orbs, flashes or odd
    effects sometimes seen over precious metal. Let us know if you get to try out
    a IR imaging camera.
    In many Central American countries there is a strong belief in seeing "Treasure
    Lights" over treasure, and that is with the naked eye. More experimentation has
    to be done yet.
    Rich

Hardscrabble

gold striker...

Gold is very dense, so I would assume it would retain thermal energy for a longer period. I would also think that a big chunk of it near the surface (if enough heat has been absorbed), would show up on a thermal image. But, I am certainly not an expert on the subject. The difference could be so slight as to not get picked up.

I've read somewhere on TNet that some sort of outgassing or nuclear breakdown happens and that it shows up in digital pictures. That sounds sort of far fetched to me. Somebody within the forum should be able to better answer your question.

tr
    Aug 2009

Who delete sitsi's mails , is there anybody who remembers the filters he uses.

ph
    Mar 2010
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by airborne1092
    After reading this entire thread several times, I have come to a conclusion.

Many folks are asking questions simply to pick apart the theory and the practice. Many of you drive automobiles, but most of you cannot explain the way a car's engine works on the mechanical level. Most people put gas in once a week and oil in once a year and go. Instead of arguing how many spirits can dance on the head of a pin, pull out your digital cameras and test the questions you're asking. The man is trying to help YOU for God's sake. If you don't belive him, don't. If you do, then great - get out there and find buried metal and make yourself rich.

I for one, believe it. I also believe there needs to be certain prerequisites for buried metals to be found. You can't just shot some pics out your back door and find Ft. Knox (unless of course, you live on the backside of the base!) In application, you're using a UV filter. I've done a bit of research on the internet (I know, because everything you read on the internet is true) and it sounds like what we're looking for and what we're wanting to find is the halo of the UV reflection. I visualize it not unlike wearing a pair of sunglasses on a bright, sunny day and seeing the sun reflected off the windshield of a car. The sunglasses filterout all but the most powerful glare of the sun, and in somecases, you can even see the outline of the sun (not recommended!) With a UV filter attached and a photograph taken, you're looking for the reflection (that you cannot see with the naked eye) off of the gold or silver or whatever. Yes, it needs to be in the middle of the day when the UV is most intense (1000-1500.) UV radiation can penetrate soil to a depth of about 1-3 inches. I can reasonable assume that if the soil has been disturbed then it is not as dense thus it would penetrate deeper.

I for one, will be looking into this further and doing my own tests. If it doenst work, then it doesnt. But if it does, then I intend to find out for myself. Good luck everyone and again, do your own tests!
    Well put Airborne! I'm on the fence with this one, but I completely agree with you that it would be better to give it a try than spend a lot of time debating it here.
    Fortune Favors The Bold

ph
    Mar 2010
    4 times

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. To forestall a line of silly posts regarding my basic intelligence, reasoning, or whatever, I was associated with MENSA, with a certified variable IQ of 140 -160. Binet, I am a duly elected member of the elite Explorers club, and a certified Tropical Tramp, I.E. Treasure Hunting Bum.

www.Explorers.org
    [/quote]

Well put Don Jose de La Mancha! 8.000+ posts by one member, all negative! He seems to be in the wrong forum.
    Fortune Favors The Bold

ph
    Mar 2010
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by SWR
    Quote Originally Posted by GUESS-WHO

Well put Don Jose de La Mancha! 8.000+ posts by one member, all negative! He seems to be in the wrong forum.
    Maybe they appear negative to you, because they don't serve your agenda? Ya know....kinda like how crooks/criminals don't particularly care for Law Enforcement Officers, and call them names? Stop being a hater and add to the thread in a positive nature
    Crooks/criminals? Who said I was talking about you SWR? Like I said I'm on the fence with this one, but I completely agree with others that it would be better to give it a try than spend a lot of time debating it here with negative comments.
    Fortune Favors The Bold

ph
    Mar 2010
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by SWR

Maybe they appear negative to you, because they don't serve your agenda? Ya know....kinda like how crooks/criminals don't particularly care for Law Enforcement Officers, and call them names? Stop being a hater and add to the thread in a positive nature
    Crooks/criminals? Who said I was talking about you SWR? Like I said I'm on the fence with this one, but I completely agree with others that it would be better to give it a try than spend a lot of time debating it here with negative comments.
    Poor wording, I am not implying that you are a crook or a criminal SWR. I just meant what makes you think that I was referring to you when I was replying to Don Jose de La Mancha?
    Fortune Favors The Bold

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11846 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Morning guess who: Bk, was extremely busy. Gracias.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

ph
    Mar 2010
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
    Morning guess who: Bk, was extremely busy. Gracias.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Good morning Don Jose de La Mancha ~ It's refreshing to see theories put forth without all the silly name calling. I'm on the fence with this one. I asked the author of the book if he would check a photo if I sent him one, but he has not responded.
    Fortune Favors The Bold

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11846 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

good morning swr, I have multitudes of books in my library which take the opposite sides on almost any subject For example, from Randi being a saint to to being a proven liar and pedophile. So to me, basing your faith or belief on any 'one' book, pro or con, is rediculous. A good book should open your mind to further investigation, not close it.

swr, you also stated -->In review...'.some us did give it a try'. All of us have had crappy results.

May I ask you just what did 'you' do and what equipment did you use, and under which conditions?

Don Jose de La Mancha

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links