First silver seeded hunt-----need tips

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Joined a club a few months back and this weekend have a silver coin seeded hunt. It is going to be in a park area that has loads of bottlecaps, pulltabs and other junk items all over.

Since the coins will be on the ground or pushed just under the surface, I won't need a lot of depth.
I have 2 detectors, a Whites IDX and a Whites M6. Both are fast recovery from target to target detectors.

IF I use my Whites IDX, what coil should I use?? I have the 4X6, the 6 inch, the 8 inch and the 9 1/2 inch.
IF I use the M6 what coil?? I have the Excelerator 4 1/2X7 shooter, the 9 1/2 inch, 6X10, and D2 10 inch.

Needing to cover large area of ground to pick up lots of silver a large coil should be best, but since there is an abundance of trash a smaller coil would be better. :dontknow: :dontknow:

Since I don't need the depth and only want to get silver, should I crank up the DISC to coins only and lower the SENS???? :icon_scratch:

Are there any experienced group hunters out there can give me some suggestions, tips, or comment on any of the above???? ???? :help:

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
Depends on how they bury the coins...

went to one where they inserted the cut at an angle and slid the coin down a chute into the cut...

I used the biggest coil I had and raised the disc right below where the tokens were accepted...I whipped the coil as fast as I could...when I got a signal..I x'd it real fast...reached down and pulled at the grass which revealed the slit..I used a finger and reached in and grabbed the coin....all done in a matter of seconds. I did really well.

GL...they are fun as all get out and hope that helped

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread