Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Like Tree508Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Doesn't matter. Gold (or silver) does not produce a field or effect that can be detected by digital cameras.
    PirateLabs and XLV like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2684 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Doesn't matter. Gold (or silver) does not produce a field or effect that can be detected by digital cameras.
    Hey Charlie Not to be confrontational or anything. But can you point me to where you came up with this theory? It'd be fun to see and maybe squash the 100s of years of sightings of auras etc. etc.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10023 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Hey Charlie Not to be confrontational or anything. But can you point me to where you came up with this theory? It'd be fun to see and maybe squash the 100s of years of sightings of auras etc. etc.
    Charlie is just not aware of "un-discovered science". So any attempt he makes to scientifically dis-provethe possibility of the digital-camera claim, will not hold water. Because after all, scientists once thought the earth was flat, right? And scientists once said heavier than air flight was impossible. Right ? Thus some day science will come along and prove this digital camera claim.

Isn't "un-discovered" science wonderful ??

Charter Member
    us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2044 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Living close to losing Alamos, White sands, and NASA. I would say satellites are your best bet for seeing gold. Shhhhhh

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    303 times
    Metal Detecting
    OK. Charles from New York says digital cameras can not see gold or silver auras because they do not give off an aura in the first place.

Now, to those of you who say yes it is possible to see gold and silver auras with a digital camera, and have posted pictures, I have this question: I noticed in some pictures that not only can one see the auras, one can faintly see the vegetation near by also. By seeing the vegetation like that, is that an indication you have the right filter, or can you have a filter on that does not show the vegetation and still see the aura? I am sure some will say this question has an obvious answer, that the aura is there so just go dig.
    jeff of pa likes this.

us

Feb 2006
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11330 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Yes. If gold, or silver, emitted signals or beams on its' own it would be described by the term "radioactive" that some crack-pot group of scientists have been using to describe such things for the past 150 years or so. Silly buggers.

I can't give you a good scientific answer for why gold auras don't exist. Because they don't exist. The evidence would be that they have never been observed in a properly designed and repeatable experiment.

Sure, you may get vegetation effects of varying ultraviolet absorption or reflection from plants. That has nothing to do with gold - which is one of THE LEAST reactive of elements. It doesn't even corrode. It is an element - VERY stable. Very happy to just quietly be gold.

But of course that's just my opinion. ;-)
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Mar 24, 2017 at 08:53 PM.
    PirateLabs, Beezly and franklin like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    303 times
    Metal Detecting
    Charlie: As you can see, my avatar shows dowsing rods. For the longest time now, people have tried to tell me dowsing does not work. They then say for it to work, it has to work like a metal detector, which it does not. There is even a high priced challenge out there to prove that it does work, but as yet, no dowser has taken the challenge and collected the money. What has happened though is I stopped counting my dowsing finds at 300 items. Some of those items I dowsed out in places way out in deserts where I had never been before. Another fact is when a dowsing skeptic is challenged to try it for themselves, that challenge is usually not taken, or if it is, few if any report back their findings.

So, despite the reason you give that a digital camera cannot detect auras, have you ever tried it for yourself, and if not, why not?

us
    Jul 2011
    303 times
    Metal Detecting
    OOPS, duplicate post.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Mar 25, 2017 at 07:57 AM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10023 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Lesjcbs, on the one hand, you acknowledge this:

Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    ..... There is even a high priced challenge out there to prove that it does work, but as yet, no dowser has taken the challenge and collected the money......
    And on the next hand, you acknowledge this:

.... I stopped counting my dowsing finds at 300 items.....
    Huh ? Then why (oh why oh why oh why) haven't you simply collected this challenge reward money ? If it works, as you say, then certainly it should be child's play to collect the challenge $ ?

Then you say this:

.... when a dowsing skeptic is challenged to try it for themselves, that challenge is usually not taken, ....
    This is not true. It has been double blind tested ample times by skeptics. And shown to have no attraction to precious metals. But the dowser proponents promptly dismiss the results. With come-back lines like:

a) the tester "didn't have the gift".

b) durned those sun spots anyhow

c) You have to "believe". And thus doesn't work for "skeptics" (huh ? sounds "spiritual" to me, if someone says that !).

d) The tester "needs more practice". If he tried it for a week, he should do it for a month. If he tried it for a month, it should be a year. If he tried for a year, he needs 5 yrs. practice. And so on and so forth to infinity. In the same way md'rs "don't find gold coins on their first trip out", so too do dowsers "need practice" (why the double standard for dowsers after all ?).

So you see lesjcbs, no amount of time trying to test dowsing will satisfy the dowser proponents. There's always these simple impenetrable webs of go-to reasons why they/you will dismiss the tests.

That is why the skeptics have put the burden of proof on the supposed successful dowsers, for THEM to show that it works. But at this point, the "impenetrable web" of excuses will show up as to why the proponents don't accept the challenge:

1) durned those sun spots anyhow

2) the observing scientists had magnets in their pockets to foil the results

3) The observers "didn't believe" thus bringing "bad vibes" into the test scenarios, thus foiling the results. (hmm, sounds "spiritual" to me !)

4) The successful dowser will adamantly claim results, yet decline to be tested. Because, he will say, "I don't have to prove anything to anyone". Besides the test criteria were unfair, etc...

But rest assured, it HAS been tested by scientists. Via mutually agreed upon test criteria. Done with supposed accomplished dowsers (so don't try the "wasn't experienced enough" come-back line). And in each case, shown to be nothing more than random chance.

If I'm wrong, and you can do it, then why aren't you stepping up to show a skeptical world, and claim some prize money ? I know, it's because of the above (a) to (d) and (1) to (4) reasons. Right ?
    franklin, Ryano and Owassokie like this.

Mar 2016
    White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
    86 times
    Metal Detecting
    I think dowsing is like beleiving in flying saucers...

..one group believes, one does not, and each group thinks the other group is batcrap crazy...
    Ryano likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10023 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detecto View Post
    .... and each group thinks the other group is batcrap crazy...
    And the law of non-contradiction says that each one can not be right at the same time, in the same way. So which one is "batcrap crazy" ?

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10023 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateLabs View Post
    .... mark all of the water lines, (for the other homes) burried electrical cables and gas lines. ...
    Hi Bill. Last I checked, this was a forum called "Treasurenet". Not "water net" or "utility-net". Whenever the subject of dowsing for goodies (gold, silver, etc... ) comes up, someone is sure to mention (like you here now) a case they saw someone dowse for water. And or (in your case here) utility lines of other sorts.

There's youtube videos of water dowsers failing to produce anything more than random chance. But let's just assume for sake of argument that what you saw/heard is true:

a) why aren't any of them claiming the prize money (the answer is in post # 759 above). And ...

b) Ok, great, what does this have to do with treasure ?

If the day comes that we see the proponents of this posting their finds on the "today's finds" show & tell section (like md'rs routinely do), then wake me up. I'll take a look. But they won't. And they have all their "go to" reasons to make them impenetrable:

1) we fear the IRS (funny, md'rs, even with some mighty valuable stuff, do so all the time)

2) we fear thieves (funny, md'rs never seem to fear that, and post show & tell all the time)

3) durned those sun spots anyhow.

4) We don't need to prove anything. Sure. ok. But then why do you whine when skeptics snicker at you for participating in nothing more than hocus pocus ? Prove it in double blind tests, and let's put the matter to rest once for all !
    Last edited by Tom_in_CA; Mar 25, 2017 at 06:41 PM.
    franklin likes this.

us
    Jul 2011
    303 times
    Metal Detecting
    Tom in Ca.:

To the best of my knowledge, yes,dowsing has not been proven under strict scientific protocol, and it probably never will. But that is by no means the last word. The finds in the field outside of strict scientific protocols fly into the face of science and are the last word.

Let me put it this way. Why is it we do not drive our cars down runways and lift of the ground and flyaway like we do in airplanes? Why is it we do not drive airplanes down freeways and streets like we do our family cars when we go to the mall? After all, they both have rubber tires, are made from the same materials, both have radios, both have engines, both have lights, both have seats, but most important of all, both gets you to where you want to go.

To put dowsing in a test the same way you would an electronic metal detector is an invalid protocol and therefore an invalid test. The reason is simple, like airplanes and cars, they work on different principles and methods.

Still the same, yes, when I started counting my hits, I in fact have found more than 300 items while dowsing. Would you like to say 300 consecutive finds / hits was a random thing?

Lets move this conversation over to the dowsing forum. See you there.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Mar 25, 2017 at 08:14 PM.

us

Feb 2006
    11330 times
    Metal Detecting
    I've found as much as $400 by walking along and looking where I was walking. That was in a wallet (woman never even said "thank you"). On other occasions I have found three $20 bills. Also many coins, rings and other jewelry were found with my Mk I Eyeball before my detector passed over them.

Perhaps your "300 items" could have been found just as easily as by random looking. For gold to be apparent to a digital camera it would have to be line-of-sight and on he surface. So just walking around paying attention may work even better. Maybe I should charge folks $20 for a sheet of tips on how to be observant when walking.

I have taken many thousands of digital images. Many thousands of silver-halide film images before that. I worked for Ilford USA for several years. Film reacts to wavelengths in the visual spectrum. As do light sensors in cameras. The human eye can only see certain wavelengths whether in real life, digital or reproduced formats. Cameras CAN be used to change other wavelengths into our visual wavelengths - but we're not seeing UV or IR. We are seeing UV and IR shifted to were we can see it. A filter will not do that. Filters remove. They do not add.
    franklin and Ryano like this.

us
    Feb 2017
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    Fisher F22
    410 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Hi Bill. Last I checked, this was a forum called "Treasurenet". Not "water net" or "utility-net".
    Really?

Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links