Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's always a good alibi. One that Mel never used.

He became a target of the State of Florida and the U.S. Government, both of which demanded a share. More over, the more he brought up the more they wanted and court battles commenced against him to accomplish that.

Since Mel seems to be your model, are you willing to share information or pictures with us of major finds of yours. If not, why not? After all, you have been hanging around here since 2003. This month will be 15 years for you.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I design & build treasure hunting equipment. I'm not a Big Time Treasure Hunter.

Should I decide to switch gears (and I might one day), I would do everything I could to avoid self-delusive fantasies. Like chasing fake treasure stories with fake treasure hunting devices. Time is too valuable to waste on make-believe, even if it can be fun.

lesjcbs

Jul 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I design & build treasure hunting equipment. I'm not a Big Time Treasure Hunter.

Should I decide to switch gears (and I might one day), I would do everything I could to avoid self-delusive fantasies. Like chasing fake treasure stories with fake treasure hunting devices. Time is too valuable to waste on make-believe, even if it can be fun.

Of course Carl. We understand completely.

Bye for now.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A picture which was posted before but it did'nt get shot down properly
. Seems too many missed it --- one in 14.png

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's still exciting!

Brivic1

Feb 20, 2013
Magalia, Nor Calif. formaly Vic. Australia
Detector(s) used
A2b groundhog/ whites GM3/ Vsat, and TDI.
13hp 5" jawcrusher, Dryblower, recirc. HB.
F md-20............ Goldbug Pro / 5"and 10" coils
Whites TDI several coils............... My own dowsing tools

Primary Interest:
Other
Somewhere around 6 years ago I was following David Villanueveas work and in experiments with buried gold nuggets and rings etc and a canon 10D with an infrared filter and, and Photoshop =7 using contrasting etc , I was able to occasionaly get thes auras and glowing bubbles etc over that which I had buried for a few days too. Tho in the field I struck out. I even tracked e and w with L rods and then south to a few spots. Then used a whites TDI to find a target AND then took IR photos ot that spot ... Dug holes 2 fy deep and found nothing ,,.. Went home and processed images and found ,,, NADA... I gave up on auras but still use rods

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, I'm clear back on page 69, entry by Tom in CA, number 1034. In our scepticism, you might like to know leeching is NOW being used in MODERN medicine.
Be back later with something else to consider.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I'm clear back on page 69, entry by Tom in CA, number 1034. In our scepticism, you might like to know leeching is NOW being used in MODERN medicine.
Be back later with something else to consider.

Are you saying that the doctors are using leeches to help patients?? If so, how much money per leech?

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
elh, Yip, it's true but they are specially raised by experts. You and I would have trouble ever getting into the business. (sigh) I guess we better stick with our hobby.

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope the following examples will help someone be a little more open-minded. Sentinels will find fault but hopefully, someone may find value.
Ignash Philipp Semmelweis[A] (German: [ɪˈɡnaːts ˈzɛml̩vaɪs]; Hungarian: Semmelweis Ignác Fülöp; 1 July 1818 – 13 August 1865) was a Hungarian physician of ethnic-German ancestry,[2] now known as an early pioneer of antiseptic procedures. Described as the "saviour of mothers",[2] Semmelweis discovered that the incidence of puerperal fever (also known as "childbed fever") could be drastically cut by the use of hand disinfection in obstetrical clinics. Puerperal fever was common in mid-19th-century hospitals and often fatal. Semmelweis proposed the practice of washing hands with chlorinated lime solutions in 1847 while working in Vienna General Hospital's First Obstetrical Clinic, where doctors' wards had three times the mortality of midwives' wards.[3] He published a book of his findings in Etiology, Concept and Prophylaxis of Childbed Fever.
Despite various publications of results where hand washing reduced mortality to below 1%, Semmelweis's observations conflicted with the established scientific and medical opinions of the time and his ideas were rejected by the medical community. Semmelweis could offer no acceptable scientific explanation for his findings, and some doctors were offended at the suggestion that they should wash their hands and mocked him for it. In 1865, Semmelweis suffered a nervous breakdown and was committed to an asylum, where he died at age 47 of pyaemia, after being beaten by the guards, only 14 days after he was committed. Semmelweis's practice earned widespread acceptance only years after his death, when Louis Pasteur confirmed the germ theory and Joseph Lister, acting on the French microbiologist's research, practiced and operated, using hygienic methods, with great success.

Gerhard Fischar - Portable Metal Detector
In 1925, Gerhard Fischar invented a portable metal detector. Fischar's model was first sold commercially in 1931 and Fischar was behind the first large-scale production of metal detectors.
According to the experts at A&S Company: "In the late 1920's, Dr. Gerhard Fisher, the founder of Fisher Research Laboratory, was commissioned as a research engineer with the Federal Telegraph Co. and Western Air Express to develop airborne direction finding equipment. He was awarded some of the first patents issued in the field of airborne direction finding by means of radio. In the course of his work, he encountered some strange errors and once he solved these problems, he had the foresight to apply the solution to a completely unrelated field, that of metal and mineral detection.

What if Fischer had not had some research behind him? It might have gone like this:

Scientists:“So, Gary, you are trying to tell us your new invention can detect gold underground?”

Fischer: "Yes, it’s all based on this new science. The simplest form of a metal detector consists of an oscillator producing an alternating current that passes through a coil producing an alternating magnetic field. If a piece of electrically conductive metal is close to the coil, eddy currents will be induced in the metal, and this produces a magnetic field of its own. If another coil is used to measure the magnetic field (acting as a magnetometer), the change in the magnetic field due to the metallic object can be detected.
It’s really quite simple, you see."

Scientists: "Fischer, you are insane and should be locked up. You can’t use electricity to find gold."

There are hundreds of examples if you just go looking.
Someone recently used the Wright brothers as an example. The question was asked,
“What if you were asked to invest in their first flight, would you do it?”
Most in the room said “no” I said “yes”.
I explained: "I always invest in people’s strange ideas. Most never work out. I wish I could have invested in theirs."

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff, very good post, and interesting to know how things started out. Reading about '' Semmelweis '' and his problems getting someone to simply
believe and practice is what has been going on today and a few years back about taking pictures of auras with digital cameras. A simple FEW seems
to always kill real good things. Maybe the naysayers are in cahoots with the AMA. Laugh at it and get it stopped if possible.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
<snip>

What if Fischer had not had some research behind him? It might have gone like this:

Scientists:“So, Gary, you are trying to tell us your new invention can detect gold underground?”

Fischer: "Yes, it’s all based on this new science. The simplest form of a metal detector consists of an oscillator producing an alternating current that passes through a coil producing an alternating magnetic field. If a piece of electrically conductive metal is close to the coil, eddy currents will be induced in the metal, and this produces a magnetic field of its own. If another coil is used to measure the magnetic field (acting as a magnetometer), the change in the magnetic field due to the metallic object can be detected.
It’s really quite simple, you see."

Scientists: "Fischer, you are insane and should be locked up. You can’t use electricity to find gold."

This scenario is implausible because even in the unlikely event that no one understood the science, Fischer could reliably demonstrate that his device worked. Not so for gold seeing cameras, or dowsing, or long range locating, etc...

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wait, wait. Doubter, I think you missed the real point. You can't just look at one part of the issue. you have to consider the WHOLE picture. I'll start with Mel Fischer, the guy who found the sunken ship.

Mel had several investors and they all believed the treasure would be theirs. When the state of Florida and the federal govt. tried to claim it, these investors had too much to lose so they took it to court, spent many thousands or perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars to protect their investment. Now, understand, they could not use the proceeds from their treasure; it was locked up. The money had to come out of their bank accounts.

As I understand it the court ruled that since the treasure was in U.S./Florida territorial water they each had some claim. This is not the same as the Antiquities Act, which gives whichever govt. body ALL of the treasure, leaving none for the American people.

In case you didn't know, some "land lubbers" HAVE gone to court over treasure found on land and ALL have lost, some even got fines. so, when someone says Mel Fischer didn't let that stop him, there is an obvious difference. At least it should be obvious.

I doubt that any of the "land lubber" treasure hunters of today have thousands to spend on court cases or that investors will come forward to help them out. Attorneys that work on the basis of they only get paid if you win won't touch a case like this. You may not realize it but when someone goes up against a govt. body in court the govt. is paying out of the never-ending tax payer's pocket. I know of cases not associated with treasure hunting where the person finally pleaded "no contest" because they ran out of money. Govt. agencies don't plead "no contest" because they run out of money. They just take more from you.

treasure hunters will NEVER present proof until the people get back the right to keep the treasure they find.

I feel certain a segment of readers will agree with me but unfortunately, some cannot change their minds because pride doesn't allow us to admit we are wrong.

Oh, and Dr. Semmelweis had an abundance of proof.

Thanx.

Last edited:

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
i may as well jump in here too. how old is this thread ? somebody on saturday night live ? used to say ? unbeweevable just unbeweevable ?

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I knew a man back in the 1970's who spent over $25,000 trying to prove his right to a claim. The state had deep tax payer's pockets. Several friends contributed to this man's case but in the end, the govt. doesn't have limits.

Thanx.

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you know that some states (Arizona, for one) claim treasure found on PRIVATE land? So, if you find treasure in your own back yard in those states they take it from you. This means, as in the words of sandy1, you don't own property, you are only leasing it from the state.

Thanx.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clif, not sure what the heck you're driving at here. Science has been, and remains, the overwhelmingly best way to figure out reality. Hands down beats superstition, religion, or just guessing. Makes some wrong turns along the way, but it tends to be very self-correcting.

Your example of Fisher was curious... by the time he figured out how to make a metal detector, they had been around for 50 years. Trouve, Hughes, and Bell had built them in the 1870's & 80's, along with quite a few others in the 10's & 20's. It was known science by then. Fisher was just the first to mass-produce them.

In any case, how does any of this play into whether auras are real or imaginary?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread