Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1478
Like Tree516Likes

Thread: Digital cameras CAN see buried gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    This is what skeptics have said for years, but it's good to get another confirmation of this, especially from a professional photographer. Won't change the minds of the True Believers, tho.
    For centuries the skeptics in their ignorance said: It is impossible for a machine heavier than a covered wagon with a horse pulling to be able to lift into the air and fly like a bird.

I might have something next week for you to look at. So stay tuned.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 05, 2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Practice makes perfect, even in dowsing.

Jan 2017
    Antique whites TR-goldmaster Under water model to be posted
    33 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl-NC View Post
    This is what skeptics have said for years, but it's good to get another confirmation of this, especially from a professional photographer. Won't change the minds of the True Believers, tho.
    I'm also open minded enough to not totally disregard theories, experiences and perceived images. Part of me does feel there are energies we haven't touched on and have abilities in our own minds that we haven't begun to discover.
    These things are difficult to document or provide repeatable data. With the orbs I see a technical issue that I can replicate at will in at least a few ways. That's technical things I can show with physical results.

If I photograph what looks like a being, I have nothing to go on as it may never appear again. Orbs, I can make happen. There's a jillion utubes of them. Could there be something there? I don't see why not. Just not with those circumstances.

There was too much over processing of this technique to me to be of value. Anywhere along the different things he had to do could introduce artifacts and auras. I'm not going to discredit or blow off the concept. But it needs work and less user manipulation.

Sure not trying to change minds, just adding another observation to the idea.
    Last edited by Huntster54; Apr 05, 2019 at 10:05 PM.
    T.C. and boogeyman like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    4093 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep View Post
    "The finest gift you can give anyone is an encouragement. Yet, almost no one gets the encouragement they need to grow to their full potential. If everyone received the encouragement they need to grow, the genius in most everyone would blossom and the world would produce abundance beyond the wildest dreams. We would have more than one Einstein, Edison, Schweitzer, Mother Theresa, Dr. Salk and other great minds in a century." »Sidney Madwed

If they ALL get trophies it creates an illusion that brings them great hardship after reality sets in on some of them. This opens a floodgate of depression that can lead to drug addiction and suicidal thoughts later in life and a general snowball effect of morality and self-discipline and personal achievement. They grow up not being able to accept defeat or failure or the ability to adapt adjust and overcome circumstances beyond their control. and we get HEADLINES,HEADLINES,HEADLINES and film on the 10 oclock news, But what the do I know?
    Just my two cents.

As far as the aura camera theory/facts? go, the Missourian in me says "show me." I always try to keep an open mind to new things even though my lip slips occaisionally.
    "HISTORY IS A PACK OF LIES AGREED UPON " Napoleon Bonaparte

Apr 2019
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lesjcbs View Post
    What nanometer Cokin filter?
    cokin p-series p007 infrared 720 (89b)

Apr 2019
    4 times
    and a simple question for all the believers . is anyone here that used a photocamera and found anything? is there anyone and i don't want to hear about beliefs etc. we don't discuss about God here . we talk about a practical thing here that has two ways , either this technique is working and by using it someone can find buried gold or it's not working. it's that simple. because i've tested it in a test filed and only found orbs and bubbles in the pictures so far.

us
    Jul 2011
    Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tsak View Post
    and a simple question for all the believers . is anyone here that used a photocamera and found anything? is there anyone and i don't want to hear about beliefs etc. we don't discuss about God here . we talk about a practical thing here that has two ways , either this technique is working and by using it someone can find buried gold or it's not working. it's that simple. because i've tested it in a test filed and only found orbs and bubbles in the pictures so far.
    Yes there are posts in this thread showing finds using this technique. You will need to go through each page to find them. Of course, the skeptics dismissed them all as lies.

What are your targets made of and how much / size?
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 07, 2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Einstein said: I know very well that many scientists consider dowsing as a type of ancient superstition. According to my conviction this is, however, unjustified. The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.”

If dowsing does not work, the Spanish would not have used it as much as they did.

Apr 2019
    4 times
    Yes there are posts in this thread showing finds using this technique. You will need to go through each page to find them. Of course, the skeptics dismissed them all as lies.

What are your targets made of and how much / size?
    i'm talking about 10 pieces of turkish gold coins in two holes each with 150 ft distance between them and 1,5 m depth. my grandfather buried them 25 years before with my father.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by tsak View Post
    i'm talking about 10 pieces of turkish gold coins in two holes each with 150 ft distance between them and 1,5 m depth. my grandfather buried them 25 years before with my father.
    There is such a thing as your practice target being buried too deep for its size to detect. If you emailed Midus and asked, I would not be surprised if he said your tiny coins are buried too deep. 1.5M = 4.9 feet.

Most outlaw treasures are buried no more than 1 meter (3.2 feet) deep and that is the bottom of the hole and about the length of a man's arm. Furthermore, they would bury large quantities, not just a few coins.

So, as they put the loot into the hole, it would fill up the hole to where the top of the treasure would be much closer to the surface, maybe a 12 " or so from the surface.

Does this sense to you?

Email Midas to clarify.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 11, 2019 at 01:37 PM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10038 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    A question for you:

What camera brand and model did you use?
    Tsak: As you can probably surmise : Your experiments and trials (which were done with an un-biased hope/belief) will never be conclusive to allow for "It doesn't work" conclusion.

Instead, the lack-of-workability will be: Wrong type camera, wrong type lense, need more practice, etc....

It's never that it doesn't work.

The wonderful thing about this push-back is: It never ends. If you try it for 6 months, then you should have tried a year. If you tried for a year, then you should have tried 2 yrs. If you tried this camera, then you should have tried that camera. Blah blah blah. And so-on till infinity. It's never that it simply doesn't work.

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Tsak: As you can probably surmise : Your experiments and trials (which were done with an un-biased hope/belief) will never be conclusive to allow for "It doesn't work" conclusion.

Instead, the lack-of-workability will be: Wrong type camera, wrong type lense, need more practice, etc....

It's never that it doesn't work.

The wonderful thing about this push-back is: It never ends. If you try it for 6 months, then you should have tried a year. If you tried for a year, then you should have tried 2 yrs. If you tried this camera, then you should have tried that camera. Blah blah blah. And so-on till infinity. It's never that it simply doesn't work.
    No push back, just reality. Want to prove it doesn't work, bury the target so deep nothing can sense it then say: see it does not work. This kind of thing goes on all the time with tests in so called science. Why not tell him to bury them down to 10, 20, 50 or more feet, then when it is not detected say: see it does not work. What a joke.

Well, the bottom line here is with that tiny target at that depth, you are finally right about something, it DOES NOT WORK. Congrats.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 12, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10038 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    No push back, just reality. Want to prove it doesn't work, bury the target so deep nothing can sense it then say: see it does not work. This kind of thing goes on all the time with tests in so called science. Why not tell him to bury them down to 10, 20, 50 or more feet, then when it is not detected say: see it does not work. What a joke.

Well, the bottom line here is with that tiny target at that depth, you are finally right about something, it DOES NOT WORK. Congrats.
    Les-jcbs , I'm trying to understand what you are saying.

Let's say the question was about whether metal detectors work or not. I am the first to agree that you bury that coin 10 ft. deep, then yes: You will not get a beep. But that doesn't mean, for a moment, that "detectors don't work". Right ? Because obviously I can do a repeatable double-blind experiment and show that it works quite well at 5 inches. No matter who swings the coil, no matter how much practice they have, no matter what sun or moon phases are present, etc..... If you swing the coil 100 times over a 5" deep target, it will beep 100 times.

But in the case of "cameras seeing gold", this same logic can not be applied. Because there is no repeatable double-blind proof. Anything that attempts to be shown, is just random chance anecdotal blotches and blurs. And if someone (like tsak) ever tries to show "it didn't work", they will be told they weren't doing it right, should have used a different camera or film, needed more years practice, etc....

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Les-jcbs , I'm trying to understand what you are saying.

Let's say the question was about whether metal detectors work or not. I am the first to agree that you bury that coin 10 ft. deep, then yes: You will not get a beep. But that doesn't mean, for a moment, that "detectors don't work". Right ? Because obviously I can do a repeatable double-blind experiment and show that it works quite well at 5 inches. No matter who swings the coil, no matter how much practice they have, no matter what sun or moon phases are present, etc..... If you swing the coil 100 times over a 5" deep target, it will beep 100 times.

But in the case of "cameras seeing gold", this same logic can not be applied. Because there is no repeatable double-blind proof. Anything that attempts to be shown, is just random chance anecdotal blotches and blurs. And if someone (like tsak) ever tries to show "it didn't work", they will be told they weren't doing it right, should have used a different camera or film, needed more years practice, etc....
    Tom, you know exactly what I am saying. It would actually be someone like you who would bury a small target so deep no detector or IR configuration would detect it so you could say
    "See it does not work."

It's for that very reason I would not do a double blinded test for you. In the mean time, you will just have to wonder in the back of your mind if it actually works. It's working validity does not depend on your opinion.
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 12, 2019 at 09:39 PM.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2744 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntster54 View Post
    I'm also open minded enough to not totally disregard theories, experiences and perceived images. Part of me does feel there are energies we haven't touched on and have abilities in our own minds that we haven't begun to discover.
    These things are difficult to document or provide repeatable data. With the orbs I see a technical issue that I can replicate at will in at least a few ways. That's technical things I can show with physical results.

If I photograph what looks like a being, I have nothing to go on as it may never appear again. Orbs, I can make happen. There's a jillion utubes of them. Could there be something there? I don't see why not. Just not with those circumstances.

There was too much over processing of this technique to me to be of value. Anywhere along the different things he had to do could introduce artifacts and auras. I'm not going to discredit or blow off the concept. But it needs work and less user manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntster54 View Post

Good observation. I'm using Davids technique but with a modded camera. By modding I'm saying removing the filter from the camera before stacking the filters on to remove all the post processing. Quit posting much when Tom er ah Sheldon started his tantrums. I've stared at a lot of security cameras for a lot of years (almost 20) so when I watch the ghost shows it's like old re-runs. You sit there going beetle, moth about 3' from the camera. Wow! nice fingerprint. If you're really interested put Tom in Ca on ignore to save having to wade through his debate junk, and read. If you look, I posted instructions from another source to mod your camera. I've also posted the address for the company that will mod your camera for you if you have big fat shaky fingers like I do. How will you know unless you do your own experiments which it sounds like you have. Once you start messing with this it gets more interesting. A newer updated example. Blackholes. We know they're there but we can't see them so are they real?? Lo & behold! we got pictures of one so I guess all those Sheldons were wrong? There's another gent here working with orbs. Haven't had enough time to really try his technique, but it eliminates all the post processing.

Aannnnnndd here comes Sheldon! (wild applause from the audience, all three) Again Sheldon why doesn't it work? Show me why. Then we got something to talk about.
    okiedowser likes this.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

us
    Jul 2011
    306 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Good observation. I'm using Davids technique but with a modded camera. By modding I'm saying removing the filter from the camera before stacking the filters on to remove all the post processing. Quit posting much when Tom er ah Sheldon started his tantrums. I've stared at a lot of security cameras for a lot of years (almost 20) so when I watch the ghost shows it's like old re-runs. You sit there going beetle, moth about 3' from the camera. Wow! nice fingerprint. If you're really interested put Tom in Ca on ignore to save having to wade through his debate junk, and read. If you look, I posted instructions from another source to mod your camera. I've also posted the address for the company that will mod your camera for you if you have big fat shaky fingers like I do. How will you know unless you do your own experiments which it sounds like you have. Once you start messing with this it gets more interesting. A newer updated example. Blackholes. We know they're there but we can't see them so are they real?? Lo & behold! we got pictures of one so I guess all those Sheldons were wrong? There's another gent here working with orbs. Haven't had enough time to really try his technique, but it eliminates all the post processing.

Aannnnnndd here comes Sheldon! (wild applause from the audience, all three) Again Sheldon why doesn't it work? Show me why. Then we got something to talk about.
    I know Dave says do not remove the camera internal filter, but since you did and are using it with an external filter only, does it work better for you?

Yes, I have five (5) different targets at different depths I use for this technique and I do tons of experiments to see how it works. Two are in my yard, and three out in the desert around here.

I don't mind interacting and debating with Tom of CA. In fact I kind of enjoy it. I really think he is faking statements and has nothing better to do at the moment. After all, who operates a metal detector and is so lacking in knowledge to say and ask some of the things he brings up?
    Last edited by lesjcbs; Apr 13, 2019 at 11:52 AM.

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2744 times
    I think so. With that being said, I haven't really put enough time into it to say honestly yes or no. Hopefully now I'm fully retired I'll have more time to experiment more. Who ever said you got more time to accomplish things after retirement didn't know what they were talking about! I was given a lens / filter by a greens man at a golf course who uses them to spot areas of grass and hedge that are "sick" and, you can see spots that look normal to the naked eye but are messed up looking with the lens. The spots he demoed for me looked OK on the surface, but when he cut a wedge the roots had what looked like mold on them. The couple times I've messed with this lens I've had to shoot a couple frames with a marker then shoot a couple more and move the marker sort of like pin pointing. One thing I've noticed is if you bury a sample or coin and photograph it a few days later the aura isn't as strong as items that have been buried a year or longer. Not sure if it is due to corrosion or a chemical reaction with the soil. Since gold doesn't corrode it kinda blows that theory out of the water. My old test bed is under a new shed so I'll have to wait for the new one to age some. I'll post more as soon as I can mickey mouse a filter holder for this lens. HINT - Never throw out anything round & tubular! If you have a big enough junk pile you can adapt anything.

As far as adapting or modding a camera. The reason I recommended sending it to the shop is they tweek the focus. I didn't know at the time when you remove the filter the focus is off just enough to make the photos a little fuzzy or hazy. You only see it when you compare photos side by side. The second thing is if you've got fat shaky fingers like me those screws are tiny & extremely easy to cross thread!! If things go sideways, they pay for it not you.

HINT #2 - When working on a camera or other device with tiny screws or springs and you lose one on the floor or carpet get a pair of ladies stockings. Place one over the end of a shop vac hose. Vacuum the area, remove the stocking & the screw should be inside. Less time & less head banging on the bottom of tables or workbenches.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links