Water and sand traps

R

rvbvetter

If your in or near a rain forrest. You might wait until your driest time of year. To see if the water flow lessons

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Arch,
Something does not fit to your story. You said that when you decide to open one side of your box, you saw where the sand and water coming from. Water trap does not work that way. It is concealed by a patch of hard materials either boulder or manmade stone strong enough to counter act the pressure and volume of water. Once you remove or open it, the in rush of water is stantaneous, strong, and can not be prevented at that moment. The first thing a person must do who is inside that hole is to ensure his safety: move up and get away quickly from that place. This volume of water is more than enough to loosen all sorounding soil, stones and boulders to bury anything inside that hole.
BTW I'm from Philippines.

Angel_09

submerged

May 20, 2005
Fishkill N.Y.
Install a bladder similar to a tire tube and inflate it inside the water supply these are used today in the water and sewer pipe industry they are very strong and need only 35 psi to hold them in place and irregular shapes are no problem it looks like a football with the fill valve about 3 feet long they are sold in incremental pipe sizes 6,8,10,12,14,16 inch and larger. Also shoring whether it be pipe or wood to surround the opening where you are excavating will help in keeping sand from filling in as you dig. The object is to install a wall around the opening and keep sinking it as you remove debris you will see as you dig lower than the shoring sand will come in under the shoring so you will have to continously keep the shoring lower than your excavating if it is wood 2x12" planks build 2 rings inside upper and lower to keep the box from falling in and also so each board can be pounded down as you dig. We use something similar on my jobs and we excavate to 40 feet with no sand and no danger from collapse. Also dewater the area just outside the shoring box with a piece of pipe drilled with many holes or cut many slots sink this low as possible. Keeping it outside the box will give you more room to dig and the water will definately be removed this way.

Good luck
Ed

OP
OP
A

arch

We are not treasure hunters that is why we are having hard time digging the site. The pipe/tunnel I mentioned where the water and sand flowing is definitely there but we just dont know if its man made or not. We can crawl inside the pipe but for what? The real problem is for us to control the flow. What we understand, the door of the tunnel is covered with plenty of sands and under of what I mentioned pipe/tunnel like structure where the water and sands flows. The pipe structure is made of sands just like hollow blocks. I hope you can imagine what Im saying.

OP
OP
A

arch

Angel_09,
Maybe its not water traps. The flow of the water is not that strong and we can easily pump the water using 2 700 watts subm. pump in just two hours. Once we stop pumping the dig will be covered by water in just 1 or to 2 hour and water will stop rising when it reach 5 feet or 6 feet from the floor of our house. I really don't know how to call this kind of obstruction.

Ed,
Nice idea! Maybe it will work. Thanks!

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Arch,
It is a normal water seepage. If you want to control the level of water, just run your pump 24 hrs, you can't make it dry, but you can maintain 1-2 inches water level. If you will stop pumping, say, for 8 hours,then you'll be back to step one, pumping out water everytime you start digging. Worst thing is, once the water level increases, soil becomes loose and caving - in is imminent. If you are in a tunnel with hard wallings, careful with ANY insconspicuous object or markings on walls of tunnels, for it might be the gate of the water trap.

Angel_09

OP
OP
A

arch

Guys,
Thank you for all the suggestion and advise I really ned it! I wont be around for a few days or weeks maybe, we are going to start digging the site again. I'll be posting any development. If you have suggestions or maybe some other techniques please keep on posting your ideas here. Thanks

angel_09

Jul 8, 2005
Arch,
Dowsing will not work in a confine space. the best instrument to use is a metal detector, but do not use a deep seeker to avoid heavy feed back from the unit. Use a detector with lesser depth capability with audio booster so that you will not miss your target.
Also check your sorroundings for soil discoloration, if you found a grayish to dark soil in one area of your cave, follow it.
If you have a digital camera, use it to document and study your sorrounding before you continue digging. Gold will create an emission and will follow the lesser resistance of the soil, so you will notice some gold trace from the walls of the cave/tunnel but eventually it will disappear when it is exposed to light. If it is a burried treasure, most probably, it is within the area covered by sand, say a hole. this sand is covered by a figure of a reptile head, but unnoticeable within one feet. If you will look at it from the top, say 20 feet high, then it will be very visible. Parallel to this, there will be a similar set-up but more tempting, some sort of nicely arranged stones. do not touch that. it is the real water trap. Once you open it, you will not have enough time to move out from that cave.

Regards and happy hunting,

angel_09

OP
OP
A

arch

We are really having hard time digging the site. water and sands just continue flowing.

angel_09,
maybe you can give me more info about jap treasures. thanks!

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
angel_09 said:
Japanese treasures are burried with water trap, sand trap, vialled chemicals, chemicals in drum, century bomb string activated and other deadly items. If a hunter does not have any valid treasure map from who burried it, it is almost near to impossible to get the treasure. these map are written in kanji, an old japanese language and dechipering it is not easy. I have once a book that have most of the symbols written in japanese characters, but its validity is uncertain to me. As I understand treasures with this kind of traps are big volume, say not less than 5 tons and more. In my experience, water trap comes within 12 to 18 feet, and once it is opened the flow of water is almost unstoppable. The in rush of water and its volume is more than enough to barred the hole.

I think the maps are written in Kanji, Kana, Hirigana, and Katakana.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im curious, if it is so hard to get to, how was the original person that made this thing going to get the treasure themselves???? Same for Oak Island....

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
arch---

If the 10 to 12 inch pipe/tunnel water inlet has so little water in it that you can crawl inside, as you said, then the water inflow rate is relatively low compared to what it would be if the pipe/tunnel was full.

Also, if you can crawl into it, you can get way back in there and plug it with some kind of valve device, possibly of your own manufacture. Some design which would have the water pressure anchor it even deeper and tighter into the sides of the pipe/tunnel.

If the ground surrounding the pipe/tunnel is too soft to hold any plug, then you will soon have a sink hole in the vicinity, as seen in this National Geographic link---

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...cience-guatemala-sinkhole-2010-humans-caused/

Have you thought that maybe the water pipe/tunnel itself might actually be the entrance to the treasure vault?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can someone explain how a sand trap or water trap is made? I really dont get the whole idea, seems like the oak island fairy tale. Is there anyone on this site that would bury a treasure by these methods? I must be very negative, but when someone mentions "lack of money", I get that strange feeling inside. If I had a treasure under my house, I would never go on a treasure site and ask how to recover it, and wouldnt have time to sit at a computer asking and answering questions. I dont have enough imagination for these great hunts, so guess I will go back to the tot lot and find some nickles.

I still would like to know how it is possible to build a trap like this, especially if there is an army atacking at the same time.

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
It seems to me that somebody is just looking for financing.{get rich scheme} Why are you people bothering with this thread?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions