T2 SE In Trashy Areas

DiggerLee

Nov 2, 2009
Marion, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1235-X, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those who have used the T2 in trashy areas, what is the lowest you have ran your sensitivity and still maintained decent depth? I am hunting a very trash laden old fairgrounds and it makes my T2 SE go crazy, but I don't want to lose any depth. Also, what is the best "discrimination" and "no. of tones" setting recommended for this type of search environment? Thank you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Digger!
I like 2 tone to start out with. Keep it simple. You would be surprised at depth you can get all the way down to 30's. A stable machine will get better depth than an overpowered one.
Hope that helped some

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean (my t2 goes crazy)? Do you mean it beeps when it goes over metal like it's supposed to or are you talking about EMI which has nothing to do with an area being trashy or not?

You have to be patient if you're going to hunt trashy sights. Personally I like using 4 tones and zero disc. It's noisy but it will turn up the goodies if you can handle hearing everything. If you don't want to hear everything than hunt at a disc of 21 (to knock out nails) with1, 2 or 4 tones .
HH
John

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
I have been using:
sens.70
disc. 5
tones 2+
and getting 10"

Maybe bump up disc. 40 and should get good depth

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
If you have the SE put the small coil on it and run the sens around 80-85 in the BP mode..
I use 0 disc because i want to hear everything in the ground but that is up to you..Max i would run is 21 disc.
The reason i say use the small coil in BP mode is it will id better at a slower sweep speed..The Bp mode gives it a punch at a lower sens level without as much chatter :thumbsup:
The T2 detectors do need a fast sweep speed to id correctly.

Blaze

minerjoe

Nov 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
ZED,2300,4500,t2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been detecting an area with +lots of bottle caps and pull tabs. I run sens @70 and disc @44 tones @2+ I really do quite well with these settings in a trashy spot.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
minerjoe said:
I've been detecting an area with +lots of bottle caps and pull tabs. I run sens @70 and disc @44 tones @2+ I really do quite well with these settings in a trashy spot.

I dont see how running disc at 44 will help with bottle caps and pulltabs??
They vdi over that..
Once you learn how to hunt in 0 disc you will never use discrimination again..
It will unmask the goodies the iron was hiding..Unless your listening to it it wont unmask it :thumbsup:

Hope this helps

Blaze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread