Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
I am using a Teknetics T2, SE and want to how to get the deep stuff. I have found mid 1800 coins but at a depth of sat 4 or 5''s. I am reading posts of finds at depths of 9 to 12"s. Does anyone have a T2SE and are they using the BP setting under tones or ?

I guess it is quite possible that were I am there is nothing but, I think there should be something.
Anyway any help would be grateful.

Thanks and HH
Don

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a T2 (especially an SE) and you're getting only 4" or 5" inches, something is wrong my man :icon_scratch:

I do not own a T2, however, I've been detecting for a while now. Could be (5) possible issues at hand here;

1. User error - The T2 is one of the best & deepest machines out there. However, it's NOT an entry level machine. It takes a LOT of practice and getting used to. ANY user with a new detector should expect 50 to 60 hours to get comfortable with a detector. So, might be possible you're not operating it to the best of it's abilities. Still, should be getting MUCH more than 4" or 5" inches even if not set-up correctly.

2. A bad coil/unit - It happens. Some detectors have glitches when shipped from the factory. This goes for ANY brand or model. I'm not saying this is the case here, but, certainly COULD be.

3. Bad soil - What is the soil like where you're hunting? Some detectors just don't work great and achieve maximum depth in certain soils; red clay types in the South, heavy mineralized ground in the West, etc.

4. EMI issues - I own a Teknetics, which is made by the same folks who make Fisher's. Both brands suffer from EMI issues due to their sensitivity. Have you been hunting in or around power lines, sub stations, generators or anything electrical at all??? You could even be a block away and it would still affect the performance. This issue is easy to fix: just drop the sensitivity back. Hate to say it, but, on these super sensitive machines, one cannot ALWAYS run with the sensitivity cranked to the max. You wouldn't have a stable unit and would surely lose some depth :thumbsup:

5. Wrong guesstimation - Sometimes we are hasty to throw a number out we are getting on our detectors, but, very rarely do we actually take measurements while the target is still in the whole. What seems like 4" or 5" inches to you, might in reality be 7" or 8" once measured. To be sure, bring along a tape measure on your next hunt. Measure from where the target lies in the hole to the top of the hole itself. Then you'll have some hard numbers to deal with. Remember too that, to be able to get a deep target your coil has to pass over one. Is it possible that you just haven't swung your coil over any accepted target in the depth ranges you're looking for?

I would DEFINITELY make a test garden and see what you come up with. However, only AFTER getting feedback from other T2 users and trying to make some adjustments to your detector. Doing it this way will give you solid analytical proof of where the problem lies. Then, once you know the problem, fixing it should be a small task ;)

Hang in there. From everything I've seen, heard or read, the T2 is one of the hottest machines out there. I might be getting one in the near future myself. Happy Hunting :thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Njny answered you very well. Only thing I would add is if it air tests ok you"should" be getting deepokn the ground. Most targets arent really deep. Learning you machine is way more important than raw depth.
HH!

OP
OP
70monte68

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
Thanks for the advise!!!

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I disagree is the estimation thing. Seems to me most finds estimated at 10-12 inches are more likely 7-8". Detectorists use the same rulers as fishermen ;D

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GibH said:
The only thing I disagree is the estimation thing. Seems to me most finds estimated at 10-12 inches are more likely 7-8". Detectorists use the same rulers as fishermen ;D

Or the same rulers that rich, old, overweight, balding men looking for a trophy wife might use :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
i am getting such deep signals i need to try a bigger shovel and dig much deeper holes ,i have checked with my Deus and Garret pointer and there is objects buried deep ,but havent managed to get them out yet .
it must be into Roman layers so i will stick with it .
??? :icon_thumleft:

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter
I use BP all of the time. Slow your sweep down with BP mode. Pinpoint your target and sweep it again. I put my Disc at 10, and sensitivity as high as possible, without interference. The coin depth just may be the soil conditions where you are at. Example: Resurfacing, moles and gophers, plowing, or even kids burying coins in the yard. I have found IH pennys at 2" and as deep as 9" I have a ruler on me when I detect. Lots of factors go into the depth of the coins. Study those maps! I have found places that have been gone for a hundred years, and are virgin. Good luck in your hunting my friend! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions