Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Droller

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise T12 & T14 30" Lesche Ground Shark
    906 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Tek 5" DD coil

This morning i bought a 5" DD coil for my Tek G2 from Mike at Woodland Detector,i shopped around and he gave me the best price,and his world class service keeps me going back to his shop...Thanks Mike
    Gary G.A.P.metal
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Tornado Coil 12" X 13"
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    ReadyShovel Holster

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

um
    Nov 2007
    gpx4500, t2
    5 times
    hmm wonder if it's compatible with the t2. If so i may just leave the gpx at home on some trips!

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Droller

Jul 2010
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise T12 & T14 30" Lesche Ground Shark
    906 times
    minerjoeI
    I think that 5"dd coil only works with the Greek seres Tek detectors...but they do make a 5" dd coil for your T2 call Mike at Woodland detectors or Bart at Big Boys Hobbies those guys make some great deals .
    Gary
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    ReadyShovel Holster

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    885 times
    G.A.P.metal
    Let us know how you like it. I got a G2 a few weeks ago and like it so far. Still learning. It really seems weird that I have dug NO old coins with it yet. Tons of brass and lead stuff. Been hunting for many years and have enough sense to know I am just not putting the coil over any but still seems odd. Went to a park yesterday ( seldom hunt parks ) just to seen how it did on coins. Got tired of digging em so now I know it is just coincidence but have wondered how much I would benefit from a small coil. I am saving my beans for F75 SE but could not pass deal on G2 and thought it would be great for back-up and trash. The plan was once I got F75 SE I would put 5 inch on G2. Now I have found it will not work on G2 so may have to bite the bullet and buy one for G2. Keep us posted.

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    324 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TNGUNS View Post
    G.A.P.metal
    Let us know how you like it. I got a G2 a few weeks ago and like it so far. Still learning. It really seems weird that I have dug NO old coins with it yet. Tons of brass and lead stuff. Been hunting for many years and have enough sense to know I am just not putting the coil over any but still seems odd. Went to a park yesterday ( seldom hunt parks ) just to seen how it did on coins. Got tired of digging em so now I know it is just coincidence but have wondered how much I would benefit from a small coil. I am saving my beans for F75 SE but could not pass deal on G2 and thought it would be great for back-up and trash. The plan was once I got F75 SE I would put 5 inch on G2. Now I have found it will not work on G2 so may have to bite the bullet and buy one for G2. Keep us posted.
    The 5" coil on a G2 is THE best trash setup I have ever used. Really sniffs them out. Holler if you have question!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Droller

Jul 2010
    906 times
    TNGUNS
    I traded 2 older Analog detectors Fisher CZ 6a and a Whites Di/Pro 6000 SL that i used for years 92 -2011 and found so much good stuff, for the G2 new.
    I live in the country and have access to over 7000 acres of farm land,cellar holes,i also hunt many city parks,schools,churchs.
    I have found only 1 silver coin 1902 Barber so no this machine IMO does not hunt deep silver.I do find very good relics,buttons, axe heads,oxen shoes,musket balls at the cellar holes and farm fields and some in the woods its a great relic hunter.
    Although i have been with a guy who has a Bounty Hunter T VI and he found silver and i didn`t so who knows.
    The G2 is very stable i very seldom see any EMI anywhere i hunt,very light weight and it finds the tiny of pieces of metal in the ground so i know it does go very deep, but on on silver?
    I`v got 600 hundred hours on it,i think a great addition for me would be a Omega with a con.coil,i would have a killer set there
    Gary
    Last edited by G.A.P.metal; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
    ReadyShovel Holster

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Droller

Jul 2010
    906 times
    Bart
    The silver coin i did find was in with 2 squire nails 5" deep in Disc 40 sensitivity 85.. Every time i go to a Cellar i amazed at what i find McCormick Reaper Token 7" large cents at 8" musket balls 7" dandy buttons 8" so ya i`m liken that 5" coil.
    I have found more old tools with the G2 than any other detector in 41 yrs. In the parks in the city the G2 picks up every piece of junk.. but IDing those bottlecaps/canslaw by pulling the coil to you, to the edge of the target and hear that Iron grunt works very well for me.... anyways to many dangerous critters in the city parks,much better unarmed critters in the woods.Still no gold Rings or gold anything and this is the first yr. like that and i got a 5 gal.bucket just full of pulltabs and about a pound of foil ,i`m still haven fun but the analog machines i think were better at depth, silver and gold
    Gary
    Last edited by G.A.P.metal; Aug 07, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
    ReadyShovel Holster

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    324 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    Bart
    The silver coin i did find was in with 2 squire nails 5" deep in Disc 40 sensitivity 85.. Every time i go to a Cellar i amazed at what i find McCormick Reaper Token 7" large cents at 8" musket balls 7" dandy buttons 8" so ya i`m liken that 5" coil.
    I have found more old tools with the G2 than any other detector in 41 yrs. In the parks in the city the G2 picks up every piece of junk.. but IDing those bottlecaps/canslaw by pulling the coil to you, to the edge of the target and hear that Iron grunt works very well for me.... anyways to many dangerous critters in the city parks,much better unarmed critters in the woods.Still no gold Rings or gold anything and this is the first yr. like that and i got a 5 gal.bucket just full of pulltabs and about a pound of foil ,i`m still haven fun but the analog machines i think were better at depth, silver and gold
    Gary
    Gary have you runt the G2 metal detector in all metal much? It noisy but really gains depth running that way.

Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Droller

Jul 2010
    906 times
    Bart yes i run it in all metal when i can..the parks here are so trashed that it very hard there to do it, mostly in old orchards and farm fields/woods...some around old cellar holes...when to a nice old church today tried all metal there be very trashy there too.
    In all metal the G2 is very deep i can use it in privet yards.
    Gary
    ReadyShovel Holster

Jun 2007
    Houston
    28 times
    Received my T2 SE yesterday, it came with the 5"DD Coil.

beerbarrel

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    324 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbarrel View Post
    Received my T2 SE yesterday, it came with the 5"DD Coil.

beerbarrel
    The T2 5" coil will fit on G2 but keep in mind the G2 has its own specific coil.

Sponsors