Omega 8000 comparison between the standard coil and the NEL 12x13 Tornado - Air Tests

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have the Nel Tornado 12"X 13" Coil and that NEL has turned my Teknetics Omega into a much more stable machine.
I live in the country ,but have overhead power lines running through my front yard,i got 50 aces.Under or around the power lines with the 11"DD Tek. coil i could run the sensitivity at around 50, and with the stock 10" concentric i could run the sens. to 60 with the start of EMI
With the Nel Tornado i can run the Sens. at 99 right under the power lines, and its is very stable in AT/ All Metal,with a very sweet smooth threshold sound, and in Disc.i can run the sens. at 99 and it does not make a sound not a pep till it finds a target no EMI what so ever.
So i took it into the house and got the same thing ,but it got a little chatty but not bad at all for being in the house....air tests a Large Cent good till 16" and a little more but iffy,it gets the same depth in Disc. as it does in All Metal.
The coil wire is very thick and much better shielded from EMI than the Stock coils,and much better built IMO.
I`m very pleased with the NEL.
Of course it`s bigger than the the stock coils, so it should get more depth,but it Should pick up much more EMI ,but it don`t.
I just wonder if ALL the NEL Coils have that Very Thick,Very Well Shielded Wire on them ??
Gary

Super interesting thread. Have been an Omega fan for 3 years, prefer it over more expensive units. I don't mind noise, and run mine wide open most of the time, but have to say sometimes like when I set it down to dig a hole it can get on my nerves, I hate to turn it down as I'm liable to forget to turn it back up.

I think I'd be VERY interested in getting myself one of these NEL coils as well, was thinking my preference would be sharp shooter size, I don't even care if that particular one didn't gain me any depth, but if it could quiet it down that alone would be worth the price.

It wasn't hard to find out where to get them, just wondering if there was a dealer a little closer ? Gary ?

Also one of the machines that I prefered Omeag over was F75, I wonder what one of those coils might do for it, with it's extra depth I may have a new favorite.

Glad I found this trhead, will sub. to it.

Thanks,
Rick
As well one of the detectors

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This NEL chat has really got me intrigued! I've got a site that's under high tension power lines. It's also a field that just seems to eat stuff. Everything is very deep. There were 3 very old houses there and it had a trading post in the very early 18th century. I really believe there's some great stuff that's even out of the range of my T2 SE. I found an 1845 LC that was about 12" deep. So I'm thinking items 150 years older than that are way down there. I have to keep my sens down around 60 close to those lines. Seems like a small price to pay for a coil if it opens up a few extra inches at that site. Curious how much more depth I might expect

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This NEL chat has really got me intrigued! I've got a site that's under high tension power lines. It's also a field that just seems to eat stuff. Everything is very deep. There were 3 very old houses there and it had a trading post in the very early 18th century. I really believe there's some great stuff that's even out of the range of my T2 SE. I found an 1845 LC that was about 12" deep. So I'm thinking items 150 years older than that are way down there. I have to keep my sens down around 60 close to those lines. Seems like a small price to pay for a coil if it opens up a few extra inches at that site. Curious how much more depth I might expect

Hey Abe good to see you here. If what Gary (GAP dets.) has to say has anything to do with it it really seems almost too good to be true. And hey even an inch sometimes can make all the difference. I'll tell you what I am getting on, and I found out already today there is a dealer very near you (Abe) who has them, I've emailed him already since first discovering this thread today...I WANT ONE ! (smiley face)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Abe good to see you here. If what Gary (GAP dets.) has to say has anything to do with it it really seems almost too good to be true. And hey even an inch sometimes can make all the difference. I'll tell you what I am getting on, and I found out already today there is a dealer very near you (Abe) who has them, I've emailed him already since first discovering this thread today...I WANT ONE ! (smiley face)

Hey buddy I'm very very excited about the prospect of an extra inch or two. As I said previously I have a couple sites that seem to really gobble stuff up. Maybe I can finally get to that 1652 shilling I've been looking for. In all seriousness this area had an amazing amount of late 1700's activity. The best part is that I'm lucky enough to have access to hundreds of acres in this area. I could spend months if not years pawing around in the dirt.
That does it! Rick, I need one as we'll. I think a new coil will go over better than that new CZ-21 I brought up at dinner the other night :-) Thought maybe a really nice dinner might soften her up but she saw right through my devious plan. Got some yummy left overs out of the deal anyway. Keep the info coming guys. This could be a real game changer

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was supposed to say late 1600s activity

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
ForumRunner_20140221_140841.png

Well I don't know if it was luck but that dime signal I had from the first time out in my yard turn up this at about 9" finally got to dig now that the snow melted. being my back yard it has been hunted a lot but I got this first time with the NEL storm. So I guess take it how you want luck or the nel.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 948714

Well I don't know if it was luck but that dime signal I had from the first time out in my yard turn up this at about 9" finally got to dig now that the snow melted. being my back yard it has been hunted a lot but I got this first time with the NEL storm. So I guess take it how you want luck or the nel.
We make our own luck and if that coil is gonna help make some luck I'm all about it. Great recovery! Was it a nice clear tone? That's pretty impressive

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
We make our own luck and if that coil is gonna help make some luck I'm all about it. Great recovery! Was it a nice clear tone? That's pretty impressive

Yeah it showed up as a dime with 0 fluctuation from all angles and had a crisp Sound pinpointing.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah it showed up as a dime with 0 fluctuation from all angles and had a crisp Sound pinpointing.
Damn that is awesome. I'm convinced. Just got notice that a guy here in Maine is going to be the only Tekneticd / Fisher dealer in the state. Pretty psyched about that too . Now if this damn snow would go away I would really get excited. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated

OP
OP
ezer19

ezer19

May 19, 2013
Germany / Saxony-Anhalt
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Teknetics Omega 8000 10'' / 12x13 NEL
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I set freq to 2 under powerlines, in Germany there is no problem.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have 3 Nel coils Tornado,Hunter,Sharpshooter...and all three are Much Better by far with the EMI, than the stock coils.
Gary

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 Nel coils Tornado,Hunter,Sharpshooter...and all three are Much Better by far with the EMI, than the stock coils. Gary
Thank you Gary! You ask eight different people you get different answers about this. But I like to hear it from someone on here that's been doing this a while and had there own shop. I need a big one for a specific field I hunt. I think I've decided that I'm going to hunt it hard with my stock set up on my T2 SE then put a big NEL on it and see how much I pick up with that. Should give me a good comparison. Thanks again

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3 Nel coils Tornado,Hunter,Sharpshooter...and all three are Much Better by far with the EMI, than the stock coils. Gary
Gary thanks for the feedback. You hear so many different things on this subject but it's nice to hear from someone who's been doing this awhile and had there own shop. I have a specific field that I want to try the big NEL on. I think I'm going to hit it hard with my stock set up (T2 SE) then go over it with the NEL and see what it sniffs out. Should make for a good comparison

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes thanks Gary, it's what I wanted to know / most important to me.
Thanks also for the PM, I appologize for not returning.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well the NEL coils are made in The Ukraine and they are having some trouble there with Russia ...i don`t know where the factory is in the Ukraine,but i pray for the people there.
Gary

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Well the NEL coils are made in The Ukraine and they are having some trouble there with Russia ...i don`t know where the factory is in the Ukraine,but i pray for the people there.
Gary

Yeah. Might be Russian made before long from the sounds of it.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice words Gary. Anybody that talks bad about living in this great country should spend a few days in one of these places. Being afraid to go outside is no way to live. These political power struggles are so sad

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice words Gary. Anybody that talks bad about living in this great country should spend a few days in one of these places. Being afraid to go outside is no way to live. These political power struggles are so sad

Absolutely right, we have it very well here & at times almost take it for granted compared to how it us in other places

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread