New T2se On The Way!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ed at Treasure Mountain Metal Detectors made me a deal I couldn't refuse.
Was looking at a few others including the F75LTD but went for the t2 instead. The extra iron res really drew me in. I really would have liked the setting save feature of the F75 but I'm pretty sure I can make 3 setting changes in pretty short order every time.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, now you'll have to start carrying a shovel!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fella,
Once you get used to it, the set up is so quick you won't consider it a hindrance. 1.> turn on and allow to wake-up 2.>Hit menu (will be in discriminate mode) 3.> set sensitivity to about 85 4.> disc at about 10 5.> # of tones at 2+ 6.> Push trigger out to GB .......... and you are hunting. Literally takes less than 15 secs. The settings will vary depending on location and preferences. A good thing to remember is that if you hunt in heavy trash and want to crank the discrimination up is that at a setting of 50 the software automatically gives it a big crank it sensitivity. I think all of us want to hunt as hot as we can, myself included, but that was my biggest mistake when I first started with my T2 SE. Repeated test in my test garden finally convinced me that even if I have to turn the sensitivity way down due to EMI I still get really great depth. I had a friend with one of the most commonly used new machines on TN try his detector in my garden. A 7 inch dime was VERY borderline on his and I can get it with the sensitivity below 50. Another great feature is the small coil. You may not cover as much ground, but I promise if you give it a fair shake in the yards and trashy spots you will learn to love it. The depth is amazing for such a small coil. Best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx Guns!

I know what your saying about people using to much sens. My CZ is NEVER over half way on the sens adjustment. It'll still find 8" dimes with minimum sens. I would imagine the top FT digital tectors are the same.

I'm also a big fan of the small coils and nice to know the T2 is plenty deep with the 5". I know some of my sites will necessitate it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huh oh fellas got a new toy!!! Good for u man.the t2se is a nice machine I'm really liking my f75ltd finding a lot digging a lot comgrates man

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Huh oh fellas got a new toy!!! Good for u man.the t2se is a nice machine I'm really liking my f75ltd finding a lot digging a lot comgrates man

I went with the T2se over the F75ltd because of the iron res and am doing more & more relic type hunting. I like the boost feature and it's the only way I've been running it. However, I'm not a fan of how the tones work in boost. I like 2+ & 3 but boost is odd. I will say it's VERY sensitive to small deep targets.

I've yet to dig any deep coins, but bullets, casings, and buttons at impressive depths I'm getting no problem.

Still, it hasn't shown me anything my ATP or CZ wouldn't hit. But in all fairness I only have three real hunts on the T2 so the verdict is FAR from in!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like u know I mainly relic hunt & I couldn't be any bit happier with my ltd things kicking butt everywhere I bring it for sure I use boost when in brush or really thick stuff my je mode is super hot I'm stuck between the 2 & use 3h tones 1 notch & 12 discrimination 70-80 senc more with the 5'' coil chatty but I like it lol

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like u know I mainly relic hunt & I couldn't be any bit happier with my ltd things kicking butt everywhere I bring it for sure I use boost when in brush or really thick stuff my je mode is super hot I'm stuck between the 2 & use 3h tones 1 notch & 12 discrimination 70-80 senc more with the 5'' coil chatty but I like it lol

I'm running mine zero disc and crank the sens as high as I can before it starts to chatter non stop then just back it off to stabilize (75-85 depending). I run my ATP with zero disc too so I'm use to listening to everything. I like it. People that go out with me can't understand I how I can stand it. Couldn't run my Whites or E-Trac that way though…too crazy on the tones.

I heard how chatty and unstable these machines can be…Pfft! Crank the disc up to 40 and/or the sens down…DONE!

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly there are ways to make these super hot & not chatty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread