jcgso

Greenie
May 20, 2014
Kernersville NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulled the trigger on a used Teknetics Gamma 6000 on Ebay last night. Got it for $369, which I think was a good price. I was able to talk to the seller before buying and he said it was only used a couple of times. I am anxiously waiting for the UPS truck! Any tips/settings would be appreciated.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled the trigger on a used Teknetics Gamma 6000 on Ebay last night. Got it for $369, which I think was a good price. I was able to talk to the seller before buying and he said it was only used a couple of times. I am anxiously waiting for the UPS truck! Any tips/settings would be appreciated.

I have one, ask away!

I slip a quart ziplock bag over mine for a rain/dustcover.

Practice in your yard of course with ground balancing, it's great because it can do it for you with a push of the button and you can adjust it manually. In practice, try some jewelry and notice it comes up nearly the same as junk you'd like to discriminate out.

I don't run discrimination, I use all metal mode and watch the VDI screen.

GoldbugPro, F5, and your greek series coils interchange if you're watching ebay.

Battery lasts almost forever, I grab the cheap DollarGeneral alkalines.

Last edited:

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have just added a barely used Gamma w/11" DD coil to check out also. I saw your post and wanted to know what your take on it is? I see it's been a few weeks since you picked one up so I thought you may have some pro's/con's by now. I haven't had a chance to get out with mine yet but looking forward to seeing what it can do. I saw the tips that steve1357(guru!) added and if anyone wants to point out anything else to help the learning curve that would be super.

Thanks and HH!

Last edited:

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have just added a barely used Gamma w/11" DD coil to check out also. I saw your post and wanted to know what your take on it is? I see it's been a few weeks since you picked one up so I thought you may have some pro's/con's by now. I haven't had a chance to get out with mine yet but looking forward to seeing what it can do. I saw the tips that steve1357(guru!) added and if anyone wants to point out anything else to help the learning curve that would be super.

Thanks and HH!

Hi topdogintampa :wave:

If you work the Tot Lots and other trashy places suggest you invest in a Teknetics 5" DD coil for your Gamma.

Check with Monte V. Berry at [email protected] (503) 481-8147. He is the Admin. at AHRPS (American Heritage Research & Preservation Society) and has a website with metal detecting forums. You can visit the website by entering American Heritage Research & Preservation Society in the window of your favorite search engine.

I bought my 5"DD from Monte in in August, 2013 and it has been on my Gamma ever since.

Good Luck !

ToddB64

Last edited:

topdogintampa

Apr 19, 2014
Tampa Bay
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Teknetics Gamma 6000, Treasure Com TC3X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info Todd!:thumbsup:

I try to stay away from the trashy spots but always going to have to slog thru it in the parks imo. I'll take a look at the 5" coil for my Gamma. I think it's a great machine for coins and it does well here on the beaches also.

Happy holiday and Happy hunting!

Another Todd :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread