deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been doing a lot of reading about the Cibola and trying to figure out what its advantages are over the Silver uMax.
I see the khz is quite a bit higher on it and that it has a threshold knob.
Ive heard it goes deeper but Im thinking its more because of the larger stock coil than anything else.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the cibola becuse the coil was bigger... it was cheaper to buy the cibola than umax with bigger coil... and the cibola is a all terrain machine, you will love it. and after you learn the machine you will forget the red push button.... but you need to have the setting on or just above iron to find gold jewlery.. i did fint 2 pieces of gold jewlery last year...and yes the cibola does go deep...tesoro's tech told me that in super mode you should get up to 16 inches on a quater... But i live in michigan and the ground is great for detecting with our soil (lot of top soil and wetter ground), but thats lower michigan it may change if i went to the U.P. becuse the ground is a little harder

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply.
Ive been considering getting a larger coil for my Silver uMax.
But then I got the idea of maybe just getting a Cibola (if the box is really superior to the Silver uMax) and just selling the Silver uMax.
Not sure what to do. ???

OP
OP
deathhare

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah but I already have the Silver uMax and I'll lose a little on the sale of it.
Still unsure if the Cibola is a better box or not.

Also, there is the option of seeing what Tesoro is rumored to be releasing soon.
..or maybe getting something with manual ground balance like the Vaquero.

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would say the cibola is better than silver u max.. i like the threshold and i do use the frequency shifter once in a while from other people near me with detectors and sometimes it helped when i was around a tower... i wanted the silver umax at first but after the research and the positive feedbacks i took the cibola... but it depends what you want to do.. but like i said michigan has softer soil...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread