Before I send my Silver uMax in for repair...

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
I have been having some problems with my silver for a while now. Most recently it was giving me a fluttering beep pretty much all the time (like when you have sensitivity maxed out) I thought maybe it was the coil wire so I was moving it to get it into a better position and everytime I touched it the detector beeped a flutter. Thinking the coil or wiring had gone south I went ahead and picked up another coil for it (new) so I wouldn't have to be without it for a couple weeks while it was in the shop. Turns out the new coil is doing the same thing. Seems that when moving the detector it causes the flutter, so I am guessing there is something amiss in the control box now. What I actually was wondering is how good does the discrimination work on the silver? To me it seemed to pretty much still hit everything no matter how far I turned it up (especially in trashy areas). It wouldn't have that nice hard solid tone you get in all metal when digging a nail, but would definitely hit on anything I passed over. When I first got it seemed to work great for the first week or 2, but in hindsight I was new to detecting and ran in all metal all the time. The same day I got the silver I found a fisher at a garage sale and was using it more and more as the silver was easier for my girl to use. Now I am thinking maybe the problem was always there, and I just didn't notice it until I got used to the way the fisher worked.

I suspect I will be sending it on monday regardless, I just had to be without it for a few weeks of the summer :D

-Lance

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you change the batteries? Sometimes these machines do that when the batteries get low.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check for loose pins in the cannon plug.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions