jbwelker

Greenie
Dec 4, 2011
Avondale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am new to metal detecting and this forum but I am already addicted for life. My question is I have a cutlass 2 and I found a good deal on a silver uMax. I am thinking about getting it, but is there going to be any noticeable difference between the the 2 or should i just stick with what I have? The cutlass 2 has been a very good machine I bought it used 3 weeks ago for 80 bucks and its already paid for itself 3 times over.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd actually pass on the Silver micromax or if you get it, don't touch it for 3-6 months. Spend at least 100 hours with your Cutlass II before using other detectors. Your Cutlass still has things to teach you.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The detecting ability of these two detectors is about the same .
The Sil Micro MX has a selectable silent search All metal function which is the same as setting the disc to All metal on the Cutlass. It just means that you do not have to reset your disc to your favorite spot after each time you turn it to All metal, as on the Cutlass.
The Sil might have a pinpoint selecter switch.

OP
OP
jbwelker

jbwelker

Greenie
Dec 4, 2011
Avondale, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cutlass 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I decided to hang on to the cutlass. I found 2 gold chains in 2 days and figured it was worth hanging on to :icon_sunny:

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes a good idea I feel.

By the time you have used it long enough to be able to recognise some of its limitations, then, you might be ready for an upgrade but until then you will have a good time with the Cutlass and will surely find lots of stuff.

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
jbwelker said:
So I decided to hang on to the cutlass. I found 2 gold chains in 2 days and figured it was worth hanging on to :icon_sunny:
Hang onto that machine. silver µmax might hit the coins a little deeper but won't scratch on a gold chain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions