don’t be duped

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can’t understand this - it is wrong to be this way in the 21st century. I sent my sand shark to tesoro to fix a problem. When I called to find out what was happening I spoke with Robert. Something is wrong here - he was way too nice. He actually spent 20 minutes speaking with me. I will report him to tesoro management as he should’ve been repairing my detector! Don’t these tesoro people know that impersonal service beats customer satisfaction? What was even more frustrating to me was that Robert spoke english - impersonating an american - what’s up with that? I wonder what his real name is - and I’d bet I couldn’t even pronounce it. As hard as I tried to - I couldn’t catch him lying to me - but I’m sure I must’ve missed something.

Something is going on with tesoro - there HAS to be a catch somewhere here. I thought all night about what could be Robert’s motives. Nobody in customer service is that nice without having an ulterior motive. I know that Robert had to be trying to sucker me into something - but I am at a loss as to what it might be? Yes, I already called my credit card companies and had them replace my cards. I am going to the bank to change my accounts.

And no, it is not to tesoro’s credit that I have scooped my fair share of gold. I did the work! They did not just drop gold into my scoop. Why they sell their detectors at such a reasonable price is beyond me. Made in the USA can’t be that inexpensive. Their place in Prescot, AZ has to be a front.

My strategy is this - I will keep on buying tesoro detectors until I find out what their REAL objective is. When I finally bust them I will tell you all about it. No real company would allow their staff to spend 20 minutes talking to a customer when that staff person could be enjoying themself on facebook. I’ll bet you that the next time I call tesoro I’ll get a slick, sultry voice on the phone - but I’ll be ready for it.

As a fellow detector I felt it incumbent on me to warn you about tesoro. They HAVE to be up to something. Watch out for Robert - I just know he will lure you into something! He is really slick in pretending to care about you. Fore-warned is fore-armed.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: :laughing7::dontknow: Warn us about what? That Robert was a pleasant rep and that Tesoro has good prices for a quality product? SHAME ON THEM!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread