Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where do you live and what will you be hunting for?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The DeLeon is a better deal at that price even with the smaller coil which is used in trashy areas. Even if its broke, Tesoro might fix it for free.

OP
OP
S

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandman. Is the TID screen reliable in your opinion? I have read differing views.
Jeff, we have messaged back and forth, I live just outside Philly. Many old farmhouses and public parks, state parks, Rev. war encampment sites. Many old outhouses, very old churches, Indian trails, etc. I will be looking for ANYTHING including coins, relics, jewelry. The good thing is I have done many hours of research and I can pinpoint plots of land to specific buildings, barns and landowners back in the 1870's, some earlier. I just need to get a detector, permission where it applies, and go digging.
Jim

cadman68

Greenie
Jan 22, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Silver uMax
some will swear the tid will cause you to miss some items if you start trusting it too much, I have used both a non display unit and a display unit and my personal opinion they both do the same thing in the end (tell you there is some metal thing in the ground). Now with that being said i like the non display detectors just because i tend to dig everything anyway and they are usually cheaper. I am sure you will get likes and dislikes on both instances but in the end it depends on the user and his preferences. Just my two pennies.....

Jeff in Pa

Feb 26, 2005
Pa
Detector(s) used
I have owned/own the Anfibio Multi, CTX, Etrac, Equinox, SE Pro, EX II, XS, Soveriegn Elite, Garrett Ace 250 and the Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dout the De'Leon can go as deep as the V. I say dout because I have never used one. I can say that having manual ground balance will in many instances give you a deeper and more stable machine. You said a price of $330 well you can easily buy a used V for that and have the stock coil on it. Most will tell you the stock coil is very good. I am sure that the D has its place as a coin shooter and would be a great machine but for me I look at reviews and comments which I think you do too. Which one do read about the most? Things like that are a good indication as to what is preferred.

How's that go, "Just say'in"

Jeff

OP
OP
S

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dout the De'Leon can go as deep as the V. I say dout because I have never used one. I can say that having manual ground balance will in many instances give you a deeper and more stable machine. You said a price of $330 well you can easily buy a used V for that and have the stock coil on it. Most will tell you the stock coil is very good. I am sure that the D has its place as a coin shooter and would be a great machine but for me I look at reviews and comments which I think you do too. Which one do read about the most? Things like that are a good indication as to what is preferred.

How's that go, "Just say'in"

Jeff

Good point Jeff, I have read many more positive experiences with the V. Thing is, I kind of like the idea of having the TID, but I don't want to use that as a crutch, which is what I think I might end up doing sometimes. If the TID makes things easier in any way, even regarding depth, I think I would prefer that.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread