tersoro

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
How does a company as good as Tesoro let out a product that cannot pick.up.more than a couple of inches . I think.the company and product are generally great . All thou this is my first product . But thus is not rocket science . It's a small computer folks . I just don't understand the manufacturing process I guess . Make the product , pass a few coins over to make sure you are getting decent depth . Seems pretty simple . I guess I have the worse luck . I returned to different vdi machines from different co and thought audio only would be simple .?

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dwight Frye, I'm just wondering what the problem is - depth? I have a vaquero that is great at detecting coins to @ 8". Iron much deeper- I quit at @ 15" but I'll get it when I take a better shovel next time. Audio only takes a little time/ practice to learn the language, there are slight tonal variations to learn- that is where I'm at right now. I believe the machine has great potential and I am looking forward to learning how to use it. I have @ 20hrs. with this MD so far and just starting to understand the single tone language. Did you expect that to happen overnite? Not to be a smart a$$ but have you tried fresh batteries. Tesoro's are fussy about GB. If the GB is to "high" you will loose depth, that was my problem. Called Rusty at Tesoro, and he straightened me right out, increased depth on a quarter from @4" to 11". GREAT guy Rusty, thanks. If you think it's a more technical issue, there are folks here who are much more knowledgeable and I'm sure will chime in once they come to this thread. You might also call Rusty @ Tesoro (1-928-771-2646). HH yelnif

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Yes the depth is two , three inches period . No matter the coin. Put three coins in hands maybe six inches . Metal shoval maybe eight inches . I have the cibloa brand new out of box . I tried the battery that came with it and another battery . The other detectors I had did not have the depth problem at same locations . Found penny at about 1.5 inches waved the clod in front set it down , check hole nothing. Pick up clod , weak signal . Put penny on ground. Maybe 2-3 inches all it would pick up . Tried different settings , grew etc . I hope its me lol hate to send back new machine and wait .

mojotrout

Jan 21, 2013
Idaho's high desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the depth is two , three inches period . No matter the coin. Put three coins in hands maybe six inches . Metal shoval maybe eight inches . I have the cibloa brand new out of box . I tried the battery that came with it and another battery . The other detectors I had did not have the depth problem at same locations . Found penny at about 1.5 inches waved the clod in front set it down , check hole nothing. Pick up clod , weak signal . Put penny on ground. Maybe 2-3 inches all it would pick up . Tried different settings , grew etc . I hope its me lol hate to send back new machine and wait .

Yeah, something is wrong for sure. Although Ive never used a Cibola, I've used lower and higher-end Tesoros and they have had much better depth than 2-3". I have also read many good things about the Cibola's depth. Since the Cibola has a fixed GB, if that is the problem you'll have to send it in to get it corrected. Perhaps you have really heavy iron content in your soil?

I hope you get things figured out. Stay patient--once you get it working I think you'll enjoy the Tesoro product.

OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

Excellent, congratulations on your new- now working properly- MD'er. Glad it was something simple. HH yelnif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions