If you are having depth problems with Teroro . Read

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
Well folks , I figured it out myself . Lol The manual did not state it . Talked to Rusty ( nice) guy , he never heard of it . Also Tom who sold it to me . So here you go folks . The pin connector has a notched out opening which should be facing down . If it us rotated so it is facing up, then you have no depth . Now Rusty said it should only go one way but try for yourself , it will go.upwards . So maybe some body else will have the same problem . So there you have it , the great mystery solved . Lol

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've posted on this several other places. The older Tesoros and the µmax series use a 5 pin plug that would be very difficult if not impossible to do wrongly. However, your Cibola, the Tejon, the Vaquero and the Lobo use the 4 pin plug and I can see where that would be easier to install incorrectly. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen this come up a time or two in the past.
Luvsdux - I use multiple tesoros

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Complete Khrap!

I tried to do what you said can happen. It is a Male-Female connection. You would have to FORCE it past the plastic lip (using a lot of force!). Just won't happen for me. Has ANYBODY but Dwight EVER had this problem? ???

Attachments

• cibola 001.jpg
    cibola 001.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 162
  • cibola 004.jpg
    cibola 004.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 164
OP
OP
Dwight Frye

Dwight Frye

Apr 3, 2013
CHARLOTTE NC
Detector(s) used
TESORO CIBOLA
If they had the problem they wouldn't know it. They would just think it was a bad detector . I did not push real hard and it did screw on . Now the proper way was easier .lol after you know about it. Put the notch downward and good to go . There was somebody a few weeks ago complaining about depth with the cibila on this board . Just wondering if they did the samething ?

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The thread(s) that refuse to die... :BangHead: Thank god the Outlaw has 5 pins. :headbang:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to force mine on in an unbelievably aggressive manner to put it on wrong. I tried with pretty good force and felt as though it would break something. It was very obvious to me how it should go on, when it just slipped right on with no force whatsoever. Seems to be a very isolated problem.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If something can go wrong, it will.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no problems here with the vaq, maybe a series of connectors were more prone to that issue than others ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread