Silver Sabre Umax

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you mean the Silver uMax. I have one of these and love it. I usually set the disc higher just past pulltab and cherry pick with it. It works great and I can't complain at all. Most coins found were 2-6 inches so I am not sure what the depth capability is yet. It is a simple but highly effective turn and go machine. For the money it is awsome! Also I have yet to have any EMI interference. One time I though it did because it got real chatty, but I found that the area was real trashy and the clicks and light chirps were just items being discriminated or partially discriminated. It still hit coins loud and clear. She is a keeper.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro made it somewhat confusing by the way they've named their Silver series. The Silver µmax is in current production, the Silver Sabre µmax is a predecessor although the Silver is a descendant of the
Cutlass II µmax. Anyway, if you're looking at a Silver Sabre µmax they're considered one of Tesoro's best and clean used ones are still popular. I've picked up several over the years because I like them so much. They're at home whether you're relic hunting, coin/jewelry shooting or participating in a planted hunt. If you're familiar wiith the Troy Shadow X2 it was based on the SSµmax. Only minus that I'm aware of is the ground balance is preset which may be a problem in heavier mineralization, otherwise they're a fun, great little detector.
luvdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread